UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Bob's Customs - Assassin's Creed II Ezio, p.29

Absolutely wonderful!

I've just spent the last 1hr 30 minutes going through 11 pages and :jawdrop: at the great customs you've done, I did come and look for your name in the customs thread after you greeted me so well in my intro.

At some stage I do plan to do some customizing of minimates myself, if mine turn out 1/4 as good as yours I'll be well pleased :biggrin: thank you for taking the time to share with us the pictures and recipes for making them.

If you ever do get time to do a custom, could I request perhaps a good recipe for Tommy Vercetti, you know the guy from GRAND THEFT AUTO: VICE CITY VIDEOGAME. I'd love to see you do him as a minimate. I'm sure you've got your ideas n stuff, but if you do ever get the time please give it a go. :blush:

Excellent Work throughout this thread. *applause* B)

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks a lot! I'm glad you like them and I#m honored to hear you spend so much time her!

Your idea with that GTA guy: I am so not into video games that I always have to look characters up when I find some very cool customs here based on videogame characters. Seriously, my knowledge is close to zero (besides Pacman, Zelda and a few Street Fighters), so I don't see me spending time to create this guy. But thanks for the suggestion anyway!

And spending so much time to browse through my humble colletcion, I really do recommend you having a closer look at Luke's, Punisher's, Shamrock's and Minimyte's custom threads, who are - am I allowed to say that aloud? - some of my favorite customizers here! And if you have questions feel free to ask any of us customizers and especially use Luke's incredible Factory!

Thanks a lot! I'm glad you like them and I#m honored to hear you spend so much time her!

Your idea with that GTA guy: I am so not into video games that I always have to look characters up when I find some very cool customs here based on videogame characters. Seriously, my knowledge is close to zero (besides Pacman, Zelda and a few Street Fighters), so I don't see me spending time to create this guy. But thanks for the suggestion anyway!

And spending so much time to browse through my humble colletcion, I really do recommend you having a closer look at Luke's, Punisher's, Shamrock's and Minimyte's custom threads, who are - am I allowed to say that aloud? - some of my favorite customizers here! And if you have questions feel free to ask any of us customizers and especially use Luke's incredible Factory!

Awesome thanks for the recommendations, Yes I already bookmarked the factory, I intend to stop by at some point in the future, :)

I'll definately check out those customizers, it will most probably be Sunday afternoon as I'm going to be mad busy all day Saturday :blush:

• 4 months later...

As I expected I didn't have the needed time (and interest) to come up with a new custom during my time in NY, so it's been a while since I used this thread to promote my stuff. But now, ladies and gentlemen, I'm proud to present:

Dr. McNinja

I do enjoy indy comics a lot and it's always cool to do a custom on those characters, not only because I don't see them made anytime soon. I came across Chris Hastings' webcomic "The Adventures of Dr. McNinja" last spring and I bought all three published books while I was in NY and it's awesome! For those of you who don't know the Doctor (OMG!, go fix it!), he's a doctor who is also a ninja. The storyline is totally unbelievable and the more absurd and hilarious it gets, the more plausible it seems to be. Sounds unbelievable? Well it is. But you can trust the Doctor, because he knows science! And he knows that it's absolutely absurd and totally cliché to use frozen shamrocks (!) as shuriken (!!) just because he's Irish (!!!) (and a ninja (!!!!)), but when fighting pirates (!!!!!) and there is nothing else to use, a McNinja knows what a McNinja has to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111 :ninja:

I wanted to do a Dr. McNinja custom for quite a while now, but just using a shirt with a tie decal and a labcoat wouldn't give him his spectacular dynamic look. At least not the look I wanted him to go with, since his labcoat usually is as iconic and vibrant(?) as is Batman's cape. When I saw Spirit's tie for the first time and that fantastic coat movie Gambit came with, I knew that it finally was about time to minimaterize the Doctor. So I used movie Gambit's coat (I hate using white paint!) a decal for his button-down shirt, Spirit's repainted tie and decal for his face. Since I'm a fan, I used a slip on mask for his ninja mask. (Alhough he never revealed his face.) But I wasn't satisfied yet, since the Doctor was still missing his stetoscope and he really needs it. He is a doctor! So I made one. Out of an old speaker cable. Now I'm happy. Enjoy!

DMN05.jpg DMN03.jpg

DMN02.jpg DMN01.jpg

"How do I solve this? What's the first step? What would Batman do?" (Dr. McNinja)

BAD! ASS! I LOVE Dr. McNinja! Dude that's freakin brilliant! Absolute awesome, no question. It's gonna go real well with that Dracula from the Universal Monsters line. That classic panel where he punches Dracula in the face.

My guess? Either Blade or repainted Psylocke.

And I know you don't update as often as you used to Bob, but THIS MORE THAN MADE FOR IT! Badass Dr McNinja! Been meaning to get down to finishing that comic :D

Thanks a lot for all your love, folks! :wub: Not only for my custom, but also for the Doctor!

Since I hadn't done any customs for over half a year now, I was pretty excited when all pieces came together, I finally started painting them and my new decal paper arrived so I could print the needed things.

I forgot to mention the katana NR, but Punisher got it right. I got it from that Resolute Snake Eyes I picked up at Big Apple Comic Con. The hilt is actually a little bit smaller than the bigger Minimate swords that came with Psylocke etc. But the blade looks way cooler (the hilt is awesome, isn't it?) and I just had to cut off the top little to shorten it.

I'm also proud that the folks at Toycutter picked up my custom just a few hours after I published the pics. :D

And I'm really looking forward to see your Doctor, Lobsterman!

Wow... just... Wow! He's awesome! I love the shirt under the jacket, the mask is great and the ninja sword/katana was really well done. How'd you do the sword?

All round awesome job :D

Wow... just... Wow! He's awesome! I love the shirt under the jacket, the mask is great and the ninja sword/katana was really well done. How'd you do the sword?

All round awesome job :D

Thanks a lot, Paw! Dr_McNinja_Emoticon_Small_by_mikekearn.p

The thing with the katana:

I forgot to mention the katana NR, but Punisher got it right. I got it from that Resolute Snake Eyes I picked up at Big Apple Comic Con. The hilt is actually a little bit smaller than the bigger Minimate swords that came with Psylocke etc. But the blade looks way cooler (the hilt is awesome, isn't it?) and I just had to cut off the top little to shorten it.

:P

Edited by Bob Harris

• 3 months later...

As you might already read in my interview(!!!) at Luke's Factory, after a long pause, I came up with a new custom:

Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter

It's the first time a designed a face-decal of a real human, not a comic related one. That's a lot tougher, but I'm pretty satisfied with how he turned out. I got the idea the second I received Penguins top-hat, but it took a while to find the time to do the decal. I'm not completely pleased with the used coat, since I wanted a shorter one. I did cut off a little bit of a different coat, but it didn't work out as good as I wanted. Anyway, after designing him, I came up with the idea of equipping him with that iconic axe and letting him

. Fun thing is, I connetcted that thought with something else I was looking forward to do, so I created a whole new... You have to wait for Custom Con to see it.

The used parts are pretty easy to identify for you, aren't they? I already mentioned Penguin's top hat, the axe from the T2 4-pack and the coat belongs to the Spirit. Face and chest are decals. His hair is from Classic or Golden Age Iron Man.

Lincoln-Vampire-Hunter-1.jpg Lincoln-Vampire-Hunter-2.jpg

Lincoln-Vampire-Hunter-3.jpg Lincoln-Vampire-Hunter-4.jpg

"I hereby resolve to kill every vampire in America." (Abe Lincoln)

Edited by Bob Harris