• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm going to also have to go with

Hellboy, Liz, Abe, and........Kraus?

Oooh! Maybe it's

Lobster Johnson (I have NO idea who this guy actually is, but he looks adequately bad-ass enough for Minimatization to me)

!!!!!!!

EDIT: Obvious spoiler link was obvious :pinch:

Edited by NorthRaider

I'm going to also have to go with

Hellboy, Liz, Abe, and........Kraus?

Oooh! Maybe it's

Lobster Johnson (I have NO idea who this guy actually is, but he looks adequately bad-ass enough for Minimatization to me)

!!!!!!!

EDIT: Obvious spoiler link was obvious :pinch:

I assume you mean round-head guy? I can't imagine why your obvious spoiler would have a round head.

I just noticed that I was totally wrong by calling the one in the back

Abe Sapien

I just noticed the

"door-knocker" crotch that would make it Roger, right?

This is great fun.

That's what I was thinking. I can't wait to see how that part was done.

I assume you mean round-head guy? I can't imagine why your obvious spoiler would have a round head.

Nah, I actually just meant to say that my spoiler entry had a Wikipedia link in it that would've made my guess blatantly visible... which I now edited out, obviously :P

I say

the round-headed guy might indeed be Abe, it's the dude in the back that's the total stumper

. Going by this thread it could be

Krauss, Lobster, Roger, or some other vague character we haven't mentioned yet. (I'm personally rooting for Lobster.) Maybe it could be a villain

?

Sigh... MMMV guess-fests are always fun. :rolleyes:

Going clockwise, Roger (you can see "crotch knocker"!), Abe (can see his breathing apparatus), Hellboy, and Liz.

Can't wait Bob, as

Hellboy

is one of my favorite comics!

Edited by the punisher=D

Reading all of your guesses and comments was great fun! Thanks a lot folks! OK, since it was pretty easy for everybody to guess the theme of my set, I'm going to start revealing those customs clockwise (slow and low), starting with the guy in front being - as everybody guessed right - the eponymous "hero":

Hellboy

I started reading Hellboy over a year ago now. I watched that first movie on dvd and liked it in some way but never read the books. Then I gave it a try and immediately fell in love with that outstanding artwork and the way Mignola tells those stories on BPRD. All of those strange fellows are great and charming personalities and they all developed immensely over the years Mignola was writing and drawing them. I can't even say that HB himself still is my favorite character, since there also are... psss! ;) I'm sure that's the reason why I did a whole four-pack of them. :P

It took me some time to get all the parts I wanted to use, to do the best custom on Hellboy I could possibly do. It started with Thing's right fist (thanks Luke!), Man in Black's gunbelt (thanks Jad), Chef Duff's arm parts with the rolled up sleeves (I reallly needed to use those parts, thanks Karamazov!) and lately that awesome coat coming with movie Sabertooth (thanks again Karamazov!). The modifications on the "Right Hand Of Doom" as well as HB's cut-off horns are Milliput. For the latter I also used a cut plastic tube. (Those things always come with the paint brushes I use.) His face and chest are decals.

HB.jpg

Ps.: As you might notice, HB misses his tail! :ohmy: I actually did a tail (Milliput added to that clear plastic tube coming with Booster Gold/Skeet) but there was no possibility to use it beneath that coat. I tried a lot of things, but it always ment to give up either the coat or the gunbelt. But since many people - including me when I first started reading Hellboy - didn't realize he has a tail at all, I thought this way is most acceptable (at least for me.) Maybe I'll let HB loose his coat later, so that piece fits.

So, it's one down, three to go :P

post-2080-1244062455_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bob Harris

I like it! Great job on the details, like the gun belt, his split feet and the Right Hand of Doom. My favorite part is how you made his face look like Mignola artwork.

Bring on the next three already!

Damn Bob, you are quickly putting yourself in the same league as the elite customizers here, IMO. Glad those parts all worked out so well :buttrock:

Edited by karamazov80

THANKS for all those compliments! :wub:

Amazing work Bob!

Puts my recent Hellboy to shame. :yes:

Yours at least has a tail! :(

Bob, do you have a dremel tool? Just make a split up the back on HB's coat. Worked fine for my old custom of HB.

No I don't have one, but I thought about cutting the coat to be able to add his tail anyway. But then, I don't have a lot of spare parts, so HB is actually sharing his coat with Nick Fury! :ohmy: (And Fury doesn't want his coat cutted!)

Hellboy is terrific. Are you taking commissions? 'Cause I'd like one.

I didn't take commissions yet - although I already sold one of my customs. Biggest problem is, as I just posted, I don't have much spare parts and I especially don't have the parts I'd need for another Hellboy (or the other BPRD agents being revealed next...). But maybe I'll be willing to part with this one...