UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

I'm about to go crazy...!

I can't stand it anymore! My mom bought me tons (I mean tons! Nearly 40) Minimates and showed me them all so I can tell her if those are the ones I've been wanting, and she put them in the closet. These are for Christmas, and now I gotta wait for them! She won't even give me one 2-Pack! And she said I'm getting enough Minimates for Christmas, so I can't buy anymore.

I swear I'm going to go crazy, knowing that there are 40 Minimates (probably more) just sitting in the closet, getting dusty. I'm so tempted to take a pack when my mom's not looking... but... I won't be able to live with the guilt until Christmas. I know Christmas is only in two weeks, but I still can't stand it! It's like going into a Minimate toy store with $100 but can't buy anything! Ugh...

What do you think I should do to make me not feel like I'm going to go crazy? *bangs head on computer desk*

post-2721-1228944046_thumb.png

Edited by Shup Dude

Take your Minimates (the ones not in your mom's closet) and arrange them into little groups. Sort them into little gangs and cliques and imagine the looks on their little faces once you've liberated their new comrades on Christmas Day. There will be much dancing and singing and merriment and drunken Iron Man antics...

I'm not being sarcastic; this is most likely what I'd do in a situation like this. (hey, what're Minimates for if not "make-believe"? :biggrin:)

:nopity:

THANK YOU! I spent a couple minutes looking for that but couldn't find it.

Dude, take a cue from your name and shut up. Just imaging I said something inspirational about starving children in Africa, or walking to school 5 miles in the snow up hill both ways. You have a Christmas. You have Minimates. Thank God who gave you breath in your lungs this morning and stop whining about material possessions. Go read your Bible if you're really bad off. See how bad the Israelites had it and how many times they screwed up on their own. If that doesn't make you feel grateful, you're beyond help.

Yeah, starving children in Africa.

I'd hate to be my Minimates then. They'll just be sitting there until Christmas, doing nothing.

Okay, that took my mind off of it for a little. I guess I'll go play some games or something... and hopefully I'll forget all about them... for now.

*thinks about the starving kids and snowy hills*

I once donated tons of food to them from a school program. :P I just don't get why tons of rich people and famous stars don't go over there and help 'em out. Greedy sons-of-...

It's not snowing here... but I wish it was.

Edited by Shup Dude

I'd hate to be my Minimates then. They'll just be sitting there until Christmas, doing nothing.

Okay, that took my mind off of it for a little. I guess I'll go play some games or something... and hopefully I'll forget all about them... for now.

I once donated tons of food to them from a school program. :P I just don't get why tons of rich people and famous stars don't go over there and help 'em out. Greedy sons-of-...

What's "snow"? :P

Let's play a game of self-reference:

Woohoo, my present did already arrive here today! But of course, it won't be touched till christmas eve. (In Germany, we use to get our presents in the evening of 24th, not in the morning!)

Hey, it's not like you won't get them - as in your 100$ bill analogy! Be glad to have such a lovely and caring mum and, well, yeah, read a book. Funny thing with books is, you may read them twice. Or three times!

Oh, you see, it's this big pile of white stuff that you...nevermind... :P

Seriously Shup?? Is it that hard to resist temptation??

I have maybe five or six sitting in my front room for Christmas, and i'm fine. Of course, my mom actually let's me look at them, so that could be it. ;) But either way, they shouldn't kill you or stop you from doing other things. I totally agree with what TM2 said (happy belated b-day, btw) about all of those who aren't as fortunate as you. You're complaining about 40 minimates, while there are cghildren who only want a crumb of bread for Christmas?! No offense and sorry, but that is seriously wrong.

I have maybe five or six sitting in my front room for Christmas, and i'm fine. Of course, my mom actually let's me look at them, so that could be it. ;) But either way, they shouldn't kill you or stop you from doing other things. I totally agree with what TM2 said (happy belated b-day, btw) about all of those who aren't as fortunate as you. You're complaining about 40 minimates, while there are cghildren who only want a crumb of bread for Christmas?! No offense and sorry, but that is seriously wrong.

You know, that gives me an idea for next year. Maybe we should do a MMMV Toys for Tots drive or something, in lieu of a Secret Santa? or maybe in addition to? Heck, I think we could get one going this year if there's enough interest. Though it would be little more than several individuals donating toys. Hmm...

You know, that gives me an idea for next year. Maybe we should do a MMMV Toys for Tots drive or something, in lieu of a Secret Santa? or maybe in addition to? Heck, I think we could get one going this year if there's enough interest. Though it would be little more than several individuals donating toys. Hmm...

I'm dropping off a Mysterio/Amazing Fantasy Spider-Man pack at the Toys for Tots in my mall XD

Dude, just be glad you're getting the stuff at all. I have a pretty big collection of mates, and I've paid for most myself. My parents focus on other stuff to get me, and my mom thinks that I'm too old for such things. Besides 40 mates! Dude, I would go 6 months without buying mates if I knew my parents were covering that much. Just be grateful for what you have.

Edited by Glantern

Why did she show you?

Because this is the first year that you know there is no Santa?

No, she usually never shows me. I never believed in Santa since I was probably six or seven.

@luke314pi; that is true. I guess I'll love them even more after a month wait. (probably more than a month, she showed me the presents on Thanksgiving.

Dude, just be glad you're getting the stuff at all. I have a pretty big collection of mates, and I've paid for most myself. My parents focus on other stuff to get me, and my mom thinks that I'm too old for such things. Besides 40 mates! Dude, I would go 6 months without buying mates if I knew my parents were covering that much. Just be grateful for what you have.

Yeah... I guess you're right.

You guys have made me realize how much I hate waiting, but how much it'll pay off in the end.

...and I guess I should be luckier, because my mom said she found all these (except for a few two packs) on eBay for a low price. I hope they're not used, and if they are, I hope they're in good condition. *sits patiently and studies for the next week of exams at school*

You guys have made me realize how much I hate waiting, but how much it'll pay off in the end.

...and I guess I should be luckier, because my mom said she found all these (except for a few two packs) on eBay for a low price. I hope they're not used, and if they are, I hope they're in good condition. *sits patiently and studies for the next week of exams at school*

Junior wake up and smell the reality. In a global economy that is quite literally dying, you are complaining about waiting for 2 weeks for toys. Take your anxiousness and turn it into gratitude, you are getting 40 minimates. Some people who may love em, might not ever see that many...let alone all at one time.

Look I am not trying to be a grumpy old man here, and I completely understand being anxious, I hate surprises but. I (being in the work force) thank god for everything I have.

Do me a favor...go give your mom and dad a hug and thank them for wanting you to be happy with your hobby.

moc847

faalaalalaalaalaaaaa

I'm just staying back and out. Merry almost Christmas everyone, may it be filled with minimatey goodness like Shup's shall soon be. and you think waiting for 40 minimates is painful man, all of my comics FROM THE PAST TWO MONTHS are for Christmas as is The DARK KNIGHT, my favorite thing ever (though I may be abloe to persuade my Mom to let me have it now :biggrin:). and some minimates on top of that. You, my friend, have nothing to complain about. I'm just glad I'm gettin this stuff. Though I would get The Dark Knight anyway because it's The Dark Knight, screw the economy.

I'm just staying back and out. Merry almost Christmas everyone, may it be filled with minimatey goodness like Shup's shall soon be. and you think waiting for 40 minimates is painful man, all of my comics FROM THE PAST TWO MONTHS are for Christmas as is The DARK KNIGHT, my favorite thing ever (though I may be abloe to persuade my Mom to let me have it now :biggrin:). and some minimates on top of that. You, my friend, have nothing to complain about. I'm just glad I'm gettin this stuff. Though I would get The Dark Knight anyway because it's The Dark Knight, screw the economy.

Hey it IS the Dark Knight :)

like everyone already has said, don't stress about. I NEVER get minimates; birthdays, holidays, minimate day, nothing. be glad your parents support your "habbit."

Now what i would do:

1) plan whom you are going to open first. because let be real minimates don't have the best track record with coming out on time (star trek wave 5!) or all that often (minimate drought that was 05). in this way i would save some of them for a rainy day. i mean you are getting 40 minimates even if you open 1/2 on that day that would be 10- 2 packs! really what are you going to do with so many?

2) if you play with your mates (like i do, and proud of it) get a story going where all the hero get captured by all the bad guys. OH NO! who will save them?! what is that? a new hero/ group of heroes! it will be a epic throw down!

3) if that does not tickle your fancy try taking some of your mates apart and making new ones. one time i took green arrow and the new green goblin (i had spares of both) and made a modern green arrow similar to what you would see if you watch smallville.

4) if all that fails try hitting it with a girl, that will take your mind of minimates really fast, and if it doesn't, wow you are really committed to the cause.

best of luck!

Because this is the first year that you know there is no Santa?

There's not? :(

:biggrin:

4) if all that fails try hitting it with a girl, that will take your mind of minimates really fast

yea and be sure to use "i collect minimates" as a come on line.... that really is a panty dropper.

:down:

no wonder it has not worked for you you are saying it all wrong. you ask them if they would like to see your minimate collection, duh!

4) if all that fails try hitting it with a girl, that will take your mind of minimates really fast

Actually, I have a girlfriend. She's out of town on a vacation for Christmas at the moment (going to somewhere in Japan for Christmas, I think) for a couple weeks. She'll be back after Christmas break... so, yeah.