UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What are your very first Minimates?

Dio

I got mine during the summer of 04. We were at Ocean City, and a small comic store had the Ghost Rider/Iron Man, as well as wave 5. I got the Rider/IM, and a Doom/Thing. I believe those were my first ones. They were followed by me getting a few Target exclusives, as well as some from waves 9 and 12. After that, I didn't get any new ones until I found the DC Mates and the last Target wave, and I got back into them since.

I was in NYC's famous Jim Hanley's Comic Shop on my lunch break. And I noticed DC's Batman vs Omac 2pack. And as they say, the rest is history...

Ah . . . i remember it well.

I stumbled across them in Impact Comics, in Canberra. They hadn't been made available in Toys 'R Us in Australia so i was stoked to find the X-Men 4 pack: Magneto, Professor X, New X-Men Phoenix & New X-Men Wolverine. I bought them on the spot, and have been hooked since. I scoured my states Comic specialty Stores & picked up whatever X-Mini's i could find.

Since then, I'm afraid to say that my local store can no longer find a supplier who will make them available here. I'm spending a mint picking them up online at eBay.

(But. . . they're worth every penny)

My dad bought me a Daredevil Yellow/ Elektra two pack for my bithday, which was followed by a friend giving me a Hulk/ Banner set for the same occasion. The next week I went to my LCS and they had the X-men and Spiderman waves, and after that I was done for. I have pretty much followed the line faithfully since.

I think I remember getting the Defenders set. I was charmed of the minimates cuteness... :blush:

Then I got a Zombie Daredevil and Giant Man two-pack as a Christmas present from a friend. I then ordered the Amazing Fantasy Spider-Man and Mysterio 2-pack, which took.... 6-7 Months to come. :(

I remember being first interested in Minimates after stumbling onto Minimate Headquarters, but being extremely frustrated that they were SO hard to find locally. I managed to track down one of the few comic book stores that sold them and got the wave 17 Spiderman/New Goblin pack. Later I managed to find a loose Ultimate Storm and DCD Batwoman/Question pack... and you know the rest.

Back in the day with the Toys -R-Us boxsets that had Spider-Man, Venom, Carnage, Green Goblin, Rhino blind packed, ect. That one and the Ultimate X-Men one were my first. Then it just esclated.

That Spider-Man set was my first too and it became an immediate obsession.

Fist Minimates were "Poodle" Beast and Kitty Pride. I'm a sucker for Beast stuff and I was chatting with the owner of my local brick and mortar who was showing me what Beast merchandise he had. Thought that would be the beginning and end of my minimates collection....now I'm fully addicted

I actually got my first from a yard sale about two and a half years ago. They came without a box, but were in perfect condition. I got Daredevil and Ghost Rider (without their weapons) but liked them. So I asked the person who sold them to me what they were called...

Also, they sold these two for a dollar. Fifty cents each.

I was browsing aimlessly in the local Newbury Comics and came across and Elrond minimate. It was love at first sight, and I was soon back to get the Elven Swordsman and Archer set and have happily been throwing my money at them ever since!

Back in the day with the Toys -R-Us boxsets that had Spider-Man, Venom, Carnage, Green Goblin, Rhino blind packed, ect. That one and the Ultimate X-Men one were my first. Then it just esclated.

Same here. Ultimate X-Men. At the time, I just thought I'd "try them out" as they didn't look too cheaply made, and were actually kind of cool. I kept them in "collector's condition" (i.e. I removed them from their packaging, but refused to take the bands holding their arms to their torsos off) for a while, until my sister was playing with them while I was otherwise occupied. She had removed Ultimate Cyclops' visor, and found the eyes underneath amusing. In a small bit of excitement, she called me over to show me what she had found.

I was furious, believing she had ripped off the visor (and hair! :ohmy: ) and permanently damaged the figure, until I realized the toy was made that way--with each part separate from the whole.

That was it. Minimates were officially the coolest toys ever made.

Edited by Alpheon

I believe my first of the minimates was the battle damaged Daredevil/ Bullseye pack. I was at the mediaplay(closed now tear tear) and I came across a bunch of packs from wave 4,5,and6. I was immediatly intrigued by these little fellas, but unfortunatly I had no dollars on me. That captain america was a real beaut, but I was with my brother and he did not want to buy any for his poor younger brother :angry:

I came back the next week and the only pack they had was the DD/bullseye. That was the last time seeing Marvel Minis at media. I snatched it up right away and scoured the store for more...luckily for me they had plenty of the C3batman sets...had being the key word there B)

Edited by ZArox

I was in NYC's famous Jim Hanley's Comic Shop on my lunch break. And I noticed DC's Batman vs Omac 2pack. And as they say, the rest is history...

Funnily enough that was where I bought my first minimates too. 2003 I got the Wave 2 Ultimate X-Men sets but I didn't pick up the variant at the time as it was a whole $7.00. What a rip-off I thought! :D

The star trek 3" spock, kirk, mccoy & khan

• 1 month later...

My first ones were the 3 inch Gorn and Mugatu, before I knew what minimates even were. I used to be a huge trekkie, but I kind of hated the figures. :jawdrop: Gorn's leg fell of and Mugatu somehow always lost his hands. Like a year later, I went to TRU and got the 10 pack, and as they say, the rest is minimate-soaked history...