UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Game: A New Theme

Trekker 42

I started thinking about comic charactersand how songs apply to them and thought that I could give characters new theme songs. So here's what I've come up with so far:

Spider-Man: Livin' on a Prayer by Bon Jovi as Peter seems to take the crap of the Marvel Universe

Batman: Paint it Black by the Rolling Stones. He lives in a dark, dark world.

Hulk: Changes. Should be obvious.

Joker: Crazy. Again Obvious.

Iron Man: I can think of two here, onemore Tony, one more for both. The Tony one is Rock and Roll All Night. Iron Man is Sharp Dressed Man.

Quicksilver: I Ran (so far away).

Superman and Dr. Manhattan: What if God was One of Us.

Rorschach: Knights of Cydonia. Notice the chorus: "No one's gonna take me alive, the time has come to make things right. You and I must fight for our rights. You and I must fight to survive." That and the rest of the song is Rorschach incarnate.

Magneto: Take a Bow by Muse applies well here.

Avengers: We are The Champions because they kick ass.

Captain America: Citizen/Soldier works here. Yes I know it's a Natiional Guard promo, but the song just seems to fit Cap.

The Wasp: Hit Me With Your Best Shot: Always being beat on by Pym.

Punisher: Eye of the Tiger

Ultimate Thor: Who Are You (AKA CSI Theme) Because they weren't sure about this guy.

Wolverine: Bad to the Bone

Bullseye: Smooth Criminal

Mephisto: the Devil Went Down to Georgia

Firestar: Hotter Than Hell

And Finally: The X-Men: Youth Gone Wild by Skid Row :lol:

So What've you got? There are rules though: The song can't have been associated with the character before like Spider-Man Theme is NOT allowed for Spider-Man. Neither is Iron Man by Black Sabbath for Iron Man. Be more creative, guys. I know you have it in you.

Have fun

The only one I can think of is either "Yakety Sax" or "Tiger Rag" for Deadpool, since those have got to be the most friggin' hilarious songs on the face of the planet. Or since he loves chimichangas so much, "La Bamba."

(notice I'm giving Deadpool all the comedy ones)

Edited by NorthRaider

Bizarro: Brilliant Corners by Thelonious Monk

Cyclops: One Vision by Queen

Red Tornado: Round and Round by Ratt

Punisher: Dittohead by Slayer

Grimlock: Walking in Your Footsteps by the Police

Optimus Prime: Rockit by Herbie Hancock

Hank Pym: Beat It by Michael Jackson

Teen Titans: Minor Threat by Minor Threat

Edited by karamazov80

The Thing- Any rock song you can think of by the Stones

The Hulk- Relax (Frankie...)

Cyclops- Bright Eyes ( Art Garfunkel)

Iceman- Frosty the snowman

Thor- If I had a hammer (Trinnie Lopez?)

Daredevil - I can see clearly now

Superman- I believe I can fly

Black Bolt- Careless whisper (George Michael)

Arnim Zola - Teletubbies say Eh-Oh*

*I'm not certain you guys in the US know our British icons

Edited by buttheadsmate

Well, for Ghost Rider you could use Highway to Hell, Ghost Riders in the Sky or Bad to the Bone... There are a few. :D

Ghost Riders in the Sky is already associated with Ghost Rider so that one isn't allowed (Played during the movie and over the credits). But the rest rock.

Fantastic Four: We Are Family

Banshee: Shout it Out Loud by KISS.

Mr. Fantastic- The Scientist (Coldplay)

Cable/Bishop/Rachel Summers/any other time-traveller- Parallel Universe (Chili Peppers)

616 Nick Fury-Bullet The Blue Sky (U2)

Ultimate Nick Fury- Isaac Hayes' Shaft Theme (?!??!! :blink:)

Deathstroke - Trooper by Iron Maiden.

Iron Monger - Riot by Three Days Grace.

Ghost Rider - Down with the Sickness by Disturbed.

Ma Hunkel - Chacarron Macarron by El Chombo. (heh.)

Batman - In the Belly of a Shark by Gallows. (from that movie where the shark attacked Batman. I thought it matched...)

All Marvel Zombies - Thriller by Michael Jackson. (picture them dancing. Wolverine, Hulk, Daredevil, etc. doing the moon walk.)

Edited by Shup Dude

All Marvel Zombies - Thriller by Michael Jackson. (picture them dancing. Wolverine, Hulk, Daredevil, etc. doing the moon walk.)

Oh man, that's awesome. I'll have to tell my friends about that one. Maybe we'll make it for the webshow.

Iron Man: I can think of two here, onemore Tony, one more for both. The Tony one is Rock and Roll All Night. Iron Man is Sharp Dressed Man.

So What've you got? There are rules though: The song can't have been associated with the character before like Spider-Man Theme is NOT allowed for Spider-Man. Neither is Iron Man by Black Sabbath for Iron Man. Be more creative, guys. I know you have it in you.

Have fun

Joker: Insane In The Membrane- Cypress Hill. Trekker were you refering to Britney Spears or Aerosmith 'Crazy'? :lol:

Iron Man: Rehab- Amy Whinehouse

X-men: School's Out- Alice Cooper

Skrulls: Sabotage- Beastie Boys

Shanna the She-Devil: Wild Thing- The Troggs

Storm: Dreams- Fleetwood Mac just because of the chorus "Thunder only happens when it rains..."

Scarlett Witch: Blood Sugar Sex Magik- Red Hot Chili Peppers

Blade: Bullet with Butterfly Wings- Smashing Pumkins

Joker: Insane In The Membrane- Cypress Hill. Trekker were you refering to Britney Spears or Aerosmith 'Crazy'? :lol:

I assumed he meant Willie Nelson/Patsy Cline version, but I hope that he meant the Britney Spears version (which, sadly, I didn't even know existed!)

I always preferred the Clash's cover version.

Does someone else want to look this up? or should we just put it down to BHM living in his own special world? :D

T.

This was another random attempt at humour & to acknowledge that even I make mistakes . Special people have special worlds & then there are TBTs who have Special Needs.

I humbly apologise to any Jam or Clash fans for my disastrous faux pas :( Who cared? Oh yeah I know!

Edited by buttheadsmate

This was another random attempt at humour & to acknowledge that even I make mistakes . Special people have special worlds & then there are TBTs who have Special Needs.

I humbly apologise to any Jam or Clash fans for my disastrous faux pas :(

LOL My Special Needs are for you to consider using :) or even :D when posting something that is supposed to be in jest... ;)

T.

Have fun

Gnarls Barkley actually "I think you're CRAAAAZY, just like me!"