UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Punisher Movie Mates

ramseesthegreat1

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll never watch FNL - you got screencaps of your appearrance?

I've never seen the movie. Here's the best clip that I'm in. Starting at 1:00, I am number 51 on the right hand side of your screen. You can actually see me jumping over a kneeling camera man. I was totally blind from the banner, and when I got it off my face, he was right there so I just jumped him. :P

Ironically the all-black team were really worse than they're acting. I almost got shanked by one in the locker room. They were playing crap rap in a shared room, and I asked them to turn it down. They told me to F off, so I turned it down myself. A big guy got in my face and pulled a knife, and started cussing at me. The one and only movie hand there turned it down himself and settles it. I turn around and all my 'friends' that's I'd been hanging out with for a month were all standing behind me, ready to rumble. I would have been so proud if I wasn't about to pee my pants. They were all looking out for their little buddy (I was 16 at the time). But yeah, they walked out onto the Astrodome and started throwing gang signs at the camera. You can see one little skank doing it on camera. I guess they couldn't edit that out.

There no longer listed on Diamond store to pre order :(

Hmm, can't say I'm sad. Maybe they will do a Marvel Movie box set or somethin like we were saying.

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

We really need some official news here about what is happening with all these sets that are being pulled off of DSTs site. I didn't really care for Ghost Rider but I wnated those minimate because they were minimates. I haven't seen Punisher yet but even if I think it sucks I still want this set.

We really need some official news here about what is happening with all these sets that are being pulled off of DSTs site. I didn't really care for Ghost Rider but I wnated those minimate because they were minimates. I haven't seen Punisher yet but even if I think it sucks I still want this set.

Ummmm..... the Punisher mates are still on the DST site. With a release date of 1/28/08. You can still preorder. I'm totally confused with all the "cancellations". :blink::P

I didn't really care for Ghost Rider but I wanted those minimate because they were minimates.

I have seen this a lot in the thread so I went back and looked at the minimates for the Ghost Rider movie and they were extremely mediocre. I would like the punisher ones too though.

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering where the "controversy" was coming from too, since I never saw them disappear from either the Shipping List or the DST site. The recent blog post with the packaging shot seems to indicate that DST is still planning on releasing this, since it takes quite a bit of stupid to advertise something that you cancelled a month ago.

I find it hilarious that you see the packaging with gunshot holes all in it and a scarred up mug on one of the figures, then at the top of the package in big letters it says "Ages 4 & Up".

Great, yet another mystery! While the movie was disappointing, I agree with most that I really wanted these 'mates. I suppose I'll just have to wait and see if my pre-order gets cancelled like the "New Caprica" set...what a drag. "2009: the year of the Minimates" my ass...what a strange time.

Marvelous News just posted the release news on this wave with three shots from the set. I have to admit, I actually like the Punisher figure and may have to add this to my collection.

Ohh curse you :) You got me all excited that there were new pix... we've seen those images way back when the set was announced.

T.

I suppose the real question is, how to get a Thomas Jane Dolph Lundgren head on these, as he's the real Punsiher. XD

Fixed that one for you, buddy.

As for me, I couldn't care less if these get dropped like Ghost Rider. I preordered these hoping the movie would be good, but I still haven't seen it and don't feel like I'm missing anything. I'd take a comic-based 4-pack over these any day.

I suppose the real question is, how to get a Thomas Jane Dolph Lundgren head on these, as he's the real Punsiher. XD

Fixed that one for you, buddy.

As for me, I couldn't care less if these get dropped like Ghost Rider. I preordered these hoping the movie would be good, but I still haven't seen it and don't feel like I'm missing anything. I'd take a comic-based 4-pack over these any day.

What you said. I'd prefer a comic book set with a comic Jigsaw, a revision of the classic Punisher costume (those arms never fit right) and two other comic-derived figures.