UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

FCBD 09 minimates

I was wondering, for those few of us who are just going to get a single promo at our LCBS on May 2, who's going to open theirs?

I haven't made a decision yet. I have a 2005 FCBD unopened, but I have this "vision" of having the two promos flanking my new Leather Wolverine with guns, a la Charlie's Angels.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depend on whether you're actually planning to get a second one, probably. If it were me I'd probably keep the one I got on Free Comic Book Day itself unopened, then figure out a way to get another one loose (probably from an MMMV trade ;))

... I just discovered our LCS is getting a bag of the FCBD mates. Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh :woot:

Man, I'd just be happy with one. So will these be available at local comic book stores or do we have to order them?

If your local comic store ordered them, then you can get them. If not, you can always trade or buy in the flea market here or try ebay. They may still be available to order by the bag after FCBD from Diamond. Ask your store if they can still order them after this Saturday.

if your LCS is one of the lucky ones that is....as it is looking to be sad but true that these were underproduced for the huge amounts of orders placed....some shops may be getting some....my shop ordered three bags and has none on his shipping invoice and when he called Diamond they were acting strange about it but bottom line was he wasnt getting any

Jeff of the Miniacs

Yeah, MiniFiend UK, they sent me one today as well - I didn't even make an order!

I opened mine...I was never on for keeping things in boxes...they're just too fun :P

So the weirdness continues with these. I have a bag coming thanks to a trade on here and today my comic guy emaisl me to say that on his invoice for NEXT wednesday is two bags of these...so the week after Free Comic Book Day he will get some FCBD minimates....which he has graciously offer to me at cost. So I am gonna have a lot lol.

Jeff of the Miniacs

Got mine from LE too i phoned them to order one asking how much postage was etc and phil ( LE owner ) said dont worry he was going to send anyone who had bought from them one anyway! wanting to keep it a surprise i was under strict orders not to tell anyone on the multiverse until people started to get them thanks again all at LE

My local comic store was a bust! They let me in half an hour early and they said they didn't order the Minimates this year. I'm trying another store later... I may have to buy one off of you guys if I can't find one.

Similar to Punisher, I went to the local comic shop today, and they had none! Guy told me that they end up having to pay around $4 each for those, and so it wasn't worth buying them. Really sucks. It would have been my first free comic day blank. They did have 20% off action figures, though, so I ended up buying some more Minimates that I already had and really didn't need at all.

Edited by karamazov80

I took my 2 girls to the comic shop today and I struck out on the FCBD mini as well, they didn't get any in. The kids each got a stack of books, so it wasn't a complete loss. I also would be willing to pay cost and shipping for one of these if anyone that purchased a bag has extras to spare.

BS

Add me to the list of no mates today. Since we ended up all going to the LCS (a 30 min drive), we ended up going to breakfast, TRU and Target while waiting for them to open, then to get lunch afterwards. I'm thinking Free Comic Book Day ended up being about $120 total for us and I still didn't get a Minimate.

I pre ordered a bag at my LCS and they got a bag to put into some grab bags but they said they only got the one, which they sold to me. So I may have a few extras for y'all!

Edited by Fo Shizzle

didn't get any either, even took my two twin friends to try to get me extras, no dice, had fun though, pretty cool comics, the ninja turtle one is the best one !!!

anyone willing to sell me a FCBD 09 minimate?

didn't get any either, even took my two twin friends to try to get me extras, no dice, had fun though, pretty cool comics, the ninja turtle one is the best one !!!

anyone willing to sell me a FCBD 09 minimate?

I got the TMNT one also. I always wanted to read it.

Yeah, add me to the list of casualties. Nothing at my LCS--though Phillip, my dealer, optimistically believes they'll show up in the next week or so.

This probably means TBT!'s going to be begging, too, as he lives real close. ;)

EDIT: Noooooooooo!! :wallbash: Just called the "other" comic shop real close to me; THEY had them! When I called, his response was "yeah, we had some, but they went real fast." Damn. If only I'd gone sooner... *sob*

Edited by Alpheon

I was at my LCS by noon today and they were out. They said they had some but a lot of people wanted them and they said they even had a few people grabbing handfuls of them. Grrrr. I am one of four people who actually gets minimates from them and they stiff me like that. :glare:

I would be willing to buy one (or two if anyone is willing to part)