UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

FCBD 09 minimates

Let's hope I can make it to FCBD this year, last 3 years I've had to work and gotten off from work just after the shop closed........ :(

Couldn't you communicate this with someone there, and get them to hold one for you?

Well, I had only heard about the free mates ON FCBD.....and by the time I had called, he had already ran out.

I ended up getting a bunch through trades later on but it would have been cool to get one on that day. :)

So I may end up calling ahead this coming year ;)

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ho-lee goat nipples. Just got done talking to my LCS guy about this--he says they will be getting them, that I can get as many as I want (within reason; he knows I won't go crazy on them) on FCBD, and the next day, he'll give me whatever he's got left. Free.

I LOVE my comic shop. :D

Where can you get these? D:

Hmmm.... Free Comic Book Day 09 minimates. Where can you get them?

I wonder? Hmmmm..... Nope. It's foxed me. I just can't work out where you'd find Free Comic Book Day Minimates on Free Comic Book Day.

Strangely, the only blank I own is what I won from the photo competition. I hope I don't get this blank and then decide that I need to "complete" my collection of blanks. . .but, with these pieces of Mini-crack, that sort of thing tends to happen.

I don't own a single blank. I want a singular completely blank minmate. Any colour, but they seem fairly hard to find and I can't justify spending more money on myself at this point.

I meant, is there any specific comic book store you need to go to? Because there's one near where I live... and it never has Minimates.

That's a valid question actually. Mine does NOT stock Minimates, and last time did NOT have FCBD mates. I doubt they're planning to this year either. When I was down there today I requested some though, so they'll keep me posted.

Winky, what page was this on? I'm digging through this month's Previews and I can't find it.

The comic store that I belong to doesn't typically stock mates either. However, they are willing to order 25 of these little guys for me as long as I pay for the lot (which isn't to bad). As a result, I have a feeling I'll have quite a few of these up for trade or to send out to some of my fellow posters.

Strangely, the only blank I own is what I won from the photo competition. I hope I don't get this blank and then decide that I need to "complete" my collection of blanks. . .but, with these pieces of Mini-crack, that sort of thing tends to happen.

I said the EXACT same thing to myself before sure enough getting my first promo Mate.....I will say though at first I spent a crazy amount of money on a few and now that the intial "got to have it..." fever has subsided, I am biding my time and only get them when I have the extra cash since most of my toy money goes to new release Mates first...

Any word if restrictions on FCBD to retailers outside North Am, beyond my local's "we don't want to take a bath on postage for non-comics freebies" stance?

Yeah, I'd like to know too. It would be nice if we got some FCBD minimates here... Free Comic Book Day is usually pretty HUGE here. (This from a person who actually missed the last one by a few hours :()

Someone at my comic shop asked what I would do with a bag full of these. I said that if I didn't order them, I would feel guilty if I just took a handful from them without paying. It'll still be hard for me to not take just one from them on that day, though...

Also, I was showed images of FCBD M&Ms! At first I when I heard it, I thought we were talking about the minimates. They are blue and white and have special messages on them. I forgot what they were but I think it was the logo on front and "FCBD 09" or something on the back. I would be so tempted to buy them, but I wouldn't eat them and I don't think they would hold as well as FCBD Twinkies would. No, the Twinkies don't exist but the M&Ms may if your retailer decides to get them...

Someone at my comic shop asked what I would do with a bag full of these. I said that if I didn't order them, I would feel guilty if I just took a handful from them without paying. It'll still be hard for me to not take just one from them on that day, though...

Also, I was showed images of FCBD M&Ms! At first I when I heard it, I thought we were talking about the minimates. They are blue and white and have special messages on them. I forgot what they were but I think it was the logo on front and "FCBD 09" or something on the back. I would be so tempted to buy them, but I wouldn't eat them and I don't think they would hold as well as FCBD Twinkies would. No, the Twinkies don't exist but the M&Ms may if your retailer decides to get them...

If you get a bag you could save some for me, seeing as its a store I visit infrequently but wont be around in may to do so! ;)

T.

If you get a bag you could save some for me, seeing as its a store I visit infrequently but wont be around in may to do so! ;)

T.

Oh my God......Tim :ohmy: How long have they given you? Can I have your 'Stealth customs'?

:biggrin:

Good point Cyc. It hadn't even occurred to me, but without CE accreditation they're unlikely to make it to European shops as well. What a pisser! :(

Don't sweat it. Yeah, it sucks for everyone else, but at least as far as yall are concerned, we've got yall covered.

Well, if it helps some of our Non-US posters, I placed my order with my comic shop for 25 of these guys. If needed, I can probably order more :D

Very good of you both to come forward like that. Thanks guys. :thumbsup: