UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

Michael Crawford posted a review on the Sideshow Vader today. That is one awesome looking figure.

OMG. this could turn me onto 1/6 figures. I hope not cause my bank account can't take that.

Even though I thought that the movie sucked I really want the Hot Toys Marcus Wright figure.......... and the GCPD Joker....... and the new Dark Knight..... and every other Hot Toys 1/6 figure I see. Damn you recession.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that is very possible. At this point, they are just printing their own money with these things, and I think that would be his most iconic, remaining look. Ideally, I would like to see another Thriller-era MJ with 2 more heads (one screaming/singing, one "regular," non-smiling face), and 2 outfits--one from the Beat It video, and the other from the Motown Billie Jean performance. The Motown outfit would be pretty similar to the one previously released, but could be available for those who wanted earlier-era MJ.

If they did Smooth Criminal, I think they should double it up with the black leather BAD outfit/headsculpt, since he had lighter skin during that period. Personally, I am only interested in pre-BAD MJ, but think that would sell very well.

This Thriller Michael w/zombie head was my best case scenario, so I would be happy if we didn't get anything else. But like I said, HT has the license, now is unfortunately a good time to be releasing MJ stuff, and so I think we'll get plenty more.

Here was apparently an earlier prototype pic for his alternate Thriller head. I wish they would have stuck with it:

thriller2.jpg

Edited by karamazov80

That is a nice lookin fig of MJ. I've been pretty tempted by that too. My fave from that show in Tokyo is this however:

200971932756608.jpg

200971932750904.jpg

Yeah, Hot Toys has the entire Marvel movie license, apparently, with Spidey and X-Men figures to come. Having the Medicom Spidey already, I'm hoping for a big ol' Hulk. Cyclops and Juggernaut would be nice, as well. That Wolvie doesn't look bad, but I've never been a fan of the Logan Wolvie from the movies. I like my Wolverine with a mask. I may end up getting him, though.

Edited by karamazov80

I am curious to see if/how HT does a Hulk in 1/6th scale.

Does anyone have the HT RAH Alien? I am thinking of picking one up, but just not sold on it yet. It has been out for a while, but I've found a few on sale.

I'm probably going to have my Pile of Loot including Vader shipped to me in the next week or two. In the meantime, I ran across a fantastic deal on the Storm Trooper here:

http://www.whitewizardtoys.com/sideshowsta...per-p-3945.html

Less than $60 with free shipping! So, I caved and ordered one. Had a tough time not getting two. Might still get another one before all is said and done. Though I have no earthly idea where I'll display the damn things, 2 Storm Troopers posed with my Vader would be awesome.

In other 1/6 scale news, Sideshow Duke was shown off at SDCC. I'll definitely be pre-ordering come the 31st. The EX version comes with binoculars, so that's the version that I need.

Here is a picture from Cool Toy Review:

IMG_0824.JPG

He and all Joes will come with the cartoon "Laser Rifle" shown there.

In some stranger 1/6 news--Terrence Stamp Zod from Mattel

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/generated/2009_San..._scaled_600.jpg

And 1/6 scale DCUC figures are coming, apparently.

Edited by karamazov80

K80, you will not be disappointed with Vader. I have three Stormtroopers right now, but one is still boxed. Got a little zealous with my ordering.

I already preordered the Episode II Clone Trooper that Sideshow is releasing. It looks great and I'm a Troop fan for sure.

My 1/6th collection is growing out of control.

• 2 weeks later...

Got two new toys recently--Sideshow Storm Trooper and Hot Toys Two-Face. Two-Face is going for very low prices on eBay auctions now, and I got him for less than $100 shipped. Great deal, and he looks fantastic in person. Kind of disappointed with the Storm Trooper. He feels really cheap, and his joints are as loose as I've seen on a Sideshow figure. Still looks great, though.

post-1827-1249532664_thumb.jpg

post-1827-1249532683_thumb.jpg

post-1827-1249532704_thumb.jpg

you can try to sell it on ebay. Sideshow bodies aren't that good imo. Especially when you compare them to Hot Toys.

But there are plenty of people who love SS nude figures. So you could probably get a little extra cash for mates.

K80, those SS Stormtroopers are known for their loose joints. They can be easily tightened though. Mine stay at attention next to Lord Vader, so its no big deal.

My only problem with him was getting his arm to hold his gun straight ahead, but it's working for the moment. I got Vader in a couple days ago, by the way, and damn, is he big!!

DSCN1559-1.jpg

I also got Dutch, but no pics yet. Both are stunning figures. Really some of the best work I've seen yet from Sideshow and Hot Toys, respectively.

Do you mean Batman in his "Begins" suit (from the parking lot scene), or in his new suit with the ability to move his head? If the former, jump on it. If the latter. . .it is a good deal, no doubt, but we are getting the DX version in the not-too-distant-future. He will have all kinds of nifty stuff like changeable chins and moving eyes, but will probably cost $70-100 more than what you could get this guy for. Anyway, something to consider.

http://www.hottoys.com.hk/index.php?target...;product_id=464