UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

I can't believe I got shut out on the SSC EX Yoda 1/6th. I thought for sure that my (very early) wait list entry would convert. No dice. Probably for the best with all the Clones they are doing.

Same with me. I didn't put in for the regular yoda either. I may just pass now.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think the Waitlist doesn't still have a chance to convert?

750 is a relatively small edition size for an Ex. with 5,000 regulars being released.

SSC sent out a note to wait-listers saying that all EXs had sold an the WL was being closed.

Bummer. I got a message in January (?) or so saying that the Spidey Comiquette regular waitlist was being closed but that I could pick up an Ex. if I pre-ordered one at the time that the e-mail was sent.

But I kept my regular on order anyway just for the hell of it. And lo and behold--it converted a couple weeks ago.

I was on the EX waitlist and it converted, but I cnacelled it. I just don't like all the paint problems I've been seeing. Also, I am much more a fan of the Ditko & Romita Spiderman art.

I had to send my first one back, but ended up getting a really nice one, paint-wise (exclusive). I wasn't thrilled with the design choice at first, but it has grown on me. Very nice, iconic look IMO.

My regular has some minor paint issues, but it ain't too bad, either.

Of course, that's one of the nice things about Sideshow--if the paint is bad, you can send it back for another one that might look better. If they can't satisfy you, they'll give you a refund. No real risk apart from having to catch the UPS man and going through the hassle of sending it back.

Well, I ordered the Dude tonight from Rainman. Considered just going for the head + chest/outfit/accessories set tomorrow, but decided I might as well go full out if I'm gonna go at all.

Off to watch the Big Lebowski now. . .

Thanks. It actually took 4 minutes to sell out (to my surprise), so no problems there. Hard to believe that I'm able to spend that much on something like this, but this is really one of my top, all-time favorite film characters. And I just don't see HT tackling it, so. . .just hoping Rainman won't do a Marty McFly or Humphrey Bogart anytime soon. Or that will be more money coming his way from my Paypal account.

The breakdowns for the Dude are up and available right now on his site, btw.

Rainman also announced his next figure today--Alex DeLarge. Without even seeing his preliminary sculpt, I'm sure that I will very strongly consider going after the head + clothing set for that one.

I'll probably pick one up, but I think the likeness could be better. For those who don't know, here is the other head:

HotToys-POTC4-CaptainJackSparrow_4.jpg

and here is the Enterbay/Medicom Unison sculpt, which I actually think has a better Depp likeness, though a very un-Sparrow expression:

20110323_94d50fe491d96cd4dc0fNJYIr1vY8AS5.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

That figure looks pretty great, but. . .it is unlicensed, and Hot Toys has the license with figures presumably in the pipeline. For that price, not sure if I want to pay for what you're getting here, though the two outfits and croc hat are pretty nifty.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, it's pretty amazing looking. You may see the little sparkly spots in my pics, which represent sweat. That little detail alone is really incredible. And he has so many options it is ridiculous. The ex. gives you 2 sets of PERS heads, 2 bodies, 2 complete outfits, 2 diorama backgrounds, nunchuks, bo, the smaller stick weapons, a snake, bag, and rope for the sneak suit, and 6 or 7 sets of hands.

Edited by karamazov80

I have several other IM figures, but I am probably going to pass on this one. It definitely looks to be much improved over the original Mark II (which I never picked up), and I love the empty helmet and the armory stand, but I am limited in both money and space right now.