1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've actually considered buying this guy for the suit (for Tony Stark):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Also a good suit if someone wants to make a cheap Scarecrow 'bash using just the head of the official figure.

I'm still missing Batman Demon, Batman Begins Batman, BR Joker, and V1 Dark Knight Batman, so my collection is, sadly, incomplete :(

Edited by karamazov80

BR Joker is a must buy. Too bad you missed out on him when he was going for around $120 shipped. He's selling for more than twice that now. The others you're missing are not really a big deal, in my opinion.

I no longer have the DX Batman. Got tired of not being able to pose him, so I'm going to be happy with my V1 Bats until Hot Toys' next attempt which I'm sure we'll see when the next movie comes out. I don't have the Batman Begins Batman either, but the OC Batman is an improved version so it's not necessary to me. No Scarecrow or Demon Batman. Not worried about the Demon Batman, but I'm thinking $260 is probably about the best I'm going to do for Scarecrow. About to pull the trigger on that one. I also don't have (and don't want) the V1 Joker. Wouldn't mind having the outfit to use with my extra BR Joker head.

I've got BR Joker head on my DX body right now, but I don't feel the need to own the rest of the figure, which is why I never picked him up to begin with (well, technically I did pre-order him and got scammed out of my money. . .but that's another story best forgotten).

Thank God I'm not a completist with anything. If trying to be a Minimate completist is pricey, imagine trying to have every HT figure.

I'm with you on that. When I collected Minimates I was a completist. I spent a lot of money on packaging variations, and such. I knew I had to drop that tendency if I wanted to buy 1/6 figures. I still buy too many, but at least I'm not buying everything. :)

It's a cheap fix for me & many others just lusting after the stuff you guys show in this thread although my 1/6 Kerberos Panzer Cop regiment nears completion.

Completism? It's ironic that when I began collecting palZ I chose them for their size....nothing too big .Now that I have all the palZ ,all the Cosbabys,every Minimate & every kubrick (minus perhaps 20 odd that I know of ).... perhaps I should have chosen something bigger :P

Man, you had an expensive week. :)

Not as bad as you might think ;)

I'm pretty good at finding deals, IMO.

It's a cheap fix for me & many others just lusting after the stuff you guys show in this thread although my 1/6 Kerberos Panzer Cop regiment nears completion.

Completism? It's ironic that when I began collecting palZ I chose them for their size....nothing too big .Now that I have all the palZ ,all the Cosbabys,every Minimate & every kubrick (minus perhaps 20 odd that I know of ).... perhaps I should have chosen something bigger :P

That's just gotta be the next frontier for you, Rob :D

I'll happily share any 1/6th scale knowledge or insight I have with you, in the hopes of reciprocating the plastic pimping that you have so generously provided to the rest of us.

Minimates were my gateway drug, but Kubricks opened the door for the justification of paying $50-100 for a single figure. Now, $500? $700? $1,000? Depending on the figure, I won't rule much of anything out.

Edited by karamazov80

I know what you mean, Sam. LEGO set the higher spending standard for me. Buying a $100 set I didn't really want just for a single Minifig that was exclusive to that set became commonplace, so when I plopped down $200 for my very first 1/6 figure last year, DX Joker, it wasn't so far fetched.

Now I'm waiting my turn to pay a little over $200 for one of baloo's P1 Predator masks. Just the mask!! hahaha We're all sick, I think.

PS- Sam, if you don't think it too nosy of me, would you PM me with how much you paid for your Tumbler? I'd like to have an idea of what I may find one for if I got lucky.

Edited by minivenom

Just a little over $200 for the top of the line mask. Movie accurate paint, and lighting. Even the bare bones "garage kit" will cost you $75 plus shipping.

When the prices were listed, I felt like you. I was going to have my name removed from the list and be happy with my $40 taylerdurdem mask. After some consideration, I was going to go for one of the lower price point painted masks, but I finally decided to go top of the line. The P1 Predator is my favorite figure, and baloo's bio takes it to another level.

If you haven't visited baloo's thread for a while, taylerdurdem bought one of the garage kits, painted it up, and showed some pics. I saved one to use as my desktop background.

post-50-1299299621_thumb.jpg

Minimates were my gateway drug, but Kubricks opened the door for the justification of paying $50-100 for a single figure. Now, $500? $700? $1,000? Depending on the figure, I won't rule much of anything out.

I'm currently hunting one single Star Wars kubrick that currently sells for $400 ....the AT-ST Driver.....which will restore my #1 SW collection to its previously 'complete' state . I can think of no single figure in my toy collection that cost me even half that apart from a resin Spider-Man & there won't be a kubrick AT/ST driver coming my way anytime soon (at $400) . I do not infer however that that day won't come & I certainly don't think it's anything other than wonderful that you guys will pay the going rate for what you want. The ridiculous thing (amongst others) about me is that I have the majority of everything in my collection in duplicate (at least) & when I sell off the duplicates I can then come & play with the big boys . :D

I finally got around to tweaking my Sideshow G.I. Joes Snake-Eyes.

He's a great figure out of the box, but there has always been something just not right about him.

Based on some of the suggestions I read on the Sideshow Freaks forum, I picked up a replacment body and a black Commando sweater, both to help bulk his upper body and arms up a little.

I am thrilled with the result, Snake-Eyes is now the pride of my 1/6 collection, and the tweaks cost me less than $20!

Before picture:

[not my picture, but a great example of the weak body they used]

figure-01.jpg

After picture:

snakeeyesk.jpg

I absolutely LOVE this series! Hot Toys may make the best quality figures, but for the price these Sideshow Joe figures are totally a blast!

There was a time that I would agree with you. . .but Viper is going for $135 I think. That's around the same price as HT's Platoon line. License is license, but the Platoon figures are at least 50% better in terms of quality IMO. Head sculpts are phenomenal, as is the paint work.

I buy the Joes because I am (obviously) a Joe fan. But frankly, I don't think they are worth their retail price. Bodies aren't that great. Paint apps are just slightly better than Medicom. And clothing/accessories are OK, but nothing to write home about.

Yeah, but....Platoon? :confused:

It was a fine movie (I prefer Full Metal Jacket), but really have no desire for any of those characters, I only have the 'mates because of the addiction.

Despite Sideshow's faults I always feel like I get my money's worth and, I'll keep supporting the G.I. Joe line, and the Indiana Jones line, should it ever return like they are hinting.

Like I said before--license matters, of course. But. . .

IMG_6976.jpg

vs.

66ee1c27.jpg

If you are getting what you pay for with the Sideshow Joes, then those Hot Toys figures are absolute steals.

I'll keep buying the Sideshow Joes I like, as well, but it's gonna get harder for me to justify if the price keeps rising. I guess I just feel Sideshow should be giving us more bang for the buck. Sculpts are fine, designs are fine too, in general. But the factory work and clothing are lacking. Sideshow are fortunate that HT doesn't have some of the licenses they have, or I just don't think they could compete. Of course, those two companies are working together on various projects, so I suspect we won't see rival lines anytime soon.

--edit: here's the Ma. K. Snowman on BBTS--$1500:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;mode=retail

Edited by karamazov80

Double post! Speaking of Joes, Hawk was previewed today.

Hawk.jpg

Tony Hopkins Hot Toys Odin was revealed earlier in the week

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&a...ew&preorder

And customizer Spenser came up with an awesome Tron custom:

tron02.jpg

I may have to order one of his Flynns and Sarks.

Going to preorder Odin. Not too interested in any of the Joes, except for Zartan when they finally reveal him. I'll most likely be purchasing him.

I actually purchased my first Medicom figure this week, as well. ROTJ Boba Fett. Supposed to ship sometime next week. From the pics I've seen, he looks amazing and taller than the typical medicom figure.

I can't believe I got shut out on the SSC EX Yoda 1/6th. I thought for sure that my (very early) wait list entry would convert. No dice. Probably for the best with all the Clones they are doing.