UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved the Demon Bats in the movie and thought I'd really need the figure, but its not as impressive as I thought he'd be. It might be that pictures are not doing him justice, but I am hoping that a sitting on the fence strategy might save me money down the road.

Here is my current set-up now that I have the Mark IV:

IMG_0487.jpg

IMG_0496.jpg

I might put the helmet on at some point, but I like it this way for now.

My BD Mark III has made its way to my customizing desk, where it will get the Mech Test Stark head and further battle damage, awaiting the release of Iron Monger. :D

Question: Where do you install the battery(ies)?

On this figure the batteries are pre-installed, you just have to pull out a little plastic tab at each battery case. The figure comes with some pretty good instructions for all of the little features it has.

Karamazov80: What do you think of the Punisher 'Saves'? Is he worth the money?

Definitely. Particularly if you can get him for near $100. His head paint job is near Hot Toys level. The rest of him isn't very fancy, but it does the job. I'm not a fan of the bendy hands, but others seem to like them well enough.

My picture is actually very crummy and does not do him justice by a longshot (you have probably seen some better pics elsewhere). The sculpt and paint work is as good as anything else Hot Toys has done.

Yeah, I've seen some really nice shots. Someone had an awesome pic posted (I think it was on SSF) but I couldn't find it again when I tried. It was The Don sitting in his chair, flanked by a few custom gangsters in their suits, and the Joker. It was a really nice shot, and I went through page after page to find it and save it, but no luck. hahaha. Sucks when that happens.

So. . .say, theoretically, that there was this mind-blowingly awesome custom out there, of one of the greatest characters in film history, from one of the greatest films in history. And say there was a very small chance of HT ever getting the license to do this guy. And say that this custom costs $700.

Would you have to be insane to pay that? I demand answers!

7.jpg

How could warm, soapy water ever injure? It only cures! I've seen it revive the dead!

As for the robe, that was made by that customizer for another, previous custom of Tyler Durden from Fight Club:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Coffee-Talk-Bathrobe-T...p-/150506202244

This guy truly makes pieces of art, and they are extremely limited in number--thus the high price.

Unbelievable sculpt, man. I just don't get into the several hundred $$ sculpts.

I know everyone made a fuss over the bobbyc Joker heads on SSF, and I honestly thought the head looked a bit stretched on the finished product. I'm perfectly happy with my DX head. Now they are taking preorders for better Joker outfits, running $120ish for a shirt, $250 for the jacket, $200 for the blazer, etc... when the standard Hot Toys outfit is really nice.

As much as I'd love to have "The Dude" I can't see paying $700 for the head, plus whatever the cost of painting it would be, plus the cost of a body, clothes, etc... I paid just under $400 for my P1 Predator, and that's pretty much my breaking point. I can't see paying anything higher than that for any figure.

But of course, if you've got a spare $700 and can do your own paint, knock yourself out. He'd certainly look great on your shelf. :D

Well, I would agree with you on that one. But the $700 isn't for an unpainted head (you could get that for much less). That is for a painted head, and full figure including custom clothing, accessories and, possibly, custom body parts.

Oh, well that's much better. When I saw the pics of the unpainted head, I assumed that was all you'd get. I think people were paying around $1000 for the bobbyc Joker heads.

Still, $700 is a huge chunk of money. You can get an awesome Dude, that won't be owned by too many others. OR, you can pay for your Ghost Rider, Thor, Spiderman, and Captain America figures.

For me, $700 would be a dealbreaker. I'd be sorely tempted at $400, though. Just my personal ceiling.

I used to have personal ceilings.

And honestly, when I first posted that picture here, I thought the $700 wasn't a realistic price that I would pay. But then I think--I could pay that. I have to sell some more stuff first, but it can be done, and would cost me, essentially, 2 PFs-worth of money. For the Dude.

But on top of all that, apparently this guy's customs frequently sell out super-fast. So even making the decision to plop down that much money isn't enough. You've also got to get an order through on his site. And if he is only offering 20 figures or so? Chances apparently aren't good.

Edited by karamazov80