UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

Cornerstore Comics has him in-stock, as does Viking Playground (where I ordered mine from). I was admiring this guy again last night. Definitely one of my favorite figures. I need to free up some money somehow to get a 2nd before prices get too high. Though maybe I'll catch a deal at GoHastings eventually--I'm sure he will show up there.

I just saw this at SSF, and thought it was pretty funny:

mIlFYM.gif

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a question for you all: If you could pick any 5 characters to be made (or re-made) as a high quality 1/6 scale figure, who would you pick?

1) Buckaroo Banzai with loads of accessories and a great Peter Weller likeness.

2) Any characters from The Princess Bride, preferably Fezzik and Inigo Montoya.

3) "Weird Al" Yankovic (classic 80's Hawaiian shirt with 'fro Al, not the 'Modern Al')

4) Ash from Army of Darkness is due for a re-make, as Sideshow never got Bruce Campbell's likeness right. Are you listening, Hot Toys???

5) Rick Deckard from Blade Runner, I know there have been a lot of Asian knock-off's, but an officially licensed figure with a great 1982 Harrison Ford sculpt would be amazing.

Some new, official pics of Thor for those who might have missed them:

121358xdz2yymqrdmyq2w2.jpg

122118s3o0xt0tbyies1bt.jpg

122205qhtzi9l03lqvwnq7.jpg

Pretty much a no-brainer buy for me. Mark IV just shipped out to me, so in the not-too-distant-future, I'll have sweet 1/6th versions of Wolvie, Punisher, Blade, Iron Man, Spiderman, and Thor. Add Captain America by the end of the year, and that's a very nice Marvel crew IMO.

Stalker looks pretty nifty. Sweater isn't anything to write home about, but it's better than the grenade Dusty came with. I like having the option with him.

4) Ash from Army of Darkness is due for a re-make, as Sideshow never got Bruce Campbell's likeness right. Are you listening, Hot Toys???

I personally like the S-Mart Ash likeness quite a bit, and think it capture's Campbell's essence pretty well. The regular version though. . .ugh.

Edited by karamazov80

That Thor looks amazing! I wonder what's up with the multiple red-taped right hands? The left hands don't have that...part of the plot?

I forgot about S-Mart Ash, I agree, that was the closest we've gotten to a great Ash figure, but the costume didn't do much for me. I bought a bunch of those Exclusives with the price gun and quadrupled my money on eBay though! Same with the Monty Python Knight of Ni! Those were $40 each and I was selling them on eBay for $250! Ah, the good old days of cheap, low-quality, low production number Sideshow products. Now we just have overpriced, low-quality, high production number Sideshow products! :P

Thanks for the Thor pics. I hadn't seen those yet. Awesome!

I got my Mark IV on Monday. You won't be disappointed. The Stark head looks pretty nice in person, and I'm actually thinking about displaying mine with it for a while.

Thanks for the Thor pics. I hadn't seen those yet. Awesome!

I got my Mark IV on Monday. You won't be disappointed. The Stark head looks pretty nice in person, and I'm actually thinking about displaying mine with it for a while.

Does anyone know where I can get some 1/6 scale Cobra decals for this? :lol: ... <_< ... :(

http://reprolabels.com/Symbols/fscobra.php

If you are serious. You might also consider contacting Evilface at SSF, as he's made some for Firefly and the Cobra Officer.

Edited by karamazov80

Damn. I just openend up my Mark IV, and that is one sexy action figure.

I really really want to not want that Thor now... Must not get sucked into Hot Toys vortex... must resist...

Dude, you really need to round out that Avengers team. Iron Man is kind of silly by himself, don't you think?

That Thor looks amazing! I wonder what's up with the multiple red-taped right hands? The left hands don't have that...part of the plot?

Minimates have the "tape" too. i think it's just a design choice...one sleeve lower than the other.

http://www.artasylum.com/gallery/thor-minimates/

Thor...looks amazing. Must. Resist. Purchase. God help me if they make Loki or Destroyer... :confused:

On the bright side, i can't be happy that they won't make Sif, who i'd be mandatory to buy!! :lol:

EDIT: Scrolling up, the Joes pics reminded me. I know Sideshow made a Flint, and he's still in-stock. Well, Flint's my fav Joe of like....ever. This is mostly directed at K80, going off your profile pic and your 1/6-scale-ness. How IS Flint???? Worth it??

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Well TTF, it is worth that to me, but that doesn't mean that it would be worth as much to you.

The paint job on his head is not good. Clothing is nothing to write home about. Accessories are decent, and the exclusive shotgun is important if you care about the original figure and card art.

As with 1/6 scale figures in general, this figure is cooler in hand than in pics. But it is nothing near the quality of a Hot Toys figure.

If I were not a die hard GI Joe (and Flint) fan, I would say that no, he isn't worth $125 plus shipping from Sideshow. He's probably worth more like $80 in my opinion. But if you are a big GI Joe fan, then maybe he is worth it.

As someone who owns all of them to date, I can say that I'm happy with all of the Sideshow Joe's so far, even at full retail. I think they have done a great job of updating the characters for a modern style while still retaining all of the charm of the original 3 3/4 action figures.

They definitely aren't on the same scale as the Hot Toys figures that I've seen so far, but they are definitely the best representations of the charaters in any form.

I've got the Snake-Eyes vs Red Ninjas diorama coming to me this week, I'll post some pix when I get it.

Edited by youbastards

Don't know about the Scarface figures, but Hot Toys' Bruce Lee should be coming in the near future. Enterbay released some specs and new pics for their Game of Death "Behind the Scenes" figure.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-6-Enterbay-Bruce-Lee...=item2c5a752875

Very nice! :lol:

This morning I caved and bought a Scarecrow on ebay for $250 shipped. The more pictures I saw of Demon Batman, the more I became convinced that he wouldn't be a good fit in my collection, especially when you tack on another $150 for him. I don't think Scarecrow by himself will drop too much lower than $250, and I was wasting time searching on ebay every day.

Good stuff, minivenom :)

Yeah, I also bought Scarecrow about a week ago for a smidge more than that. I was wasting too much time watching eBay and trying to estimate price trends. I figured, the most I might save is $50-60 anyway, and that's if a bunch of "ifs" became realized (including my waiting for several more weeks if not months).

Yesterday a guy on SSF said he bought both, sold Demon Batman, and ended up paying $170 for Scarecrow. But I figure he must have found a real sucker to pay so much for Demon Bats :D

Edited by karamazov80