UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

While I am not looking forward to getting into another line (TRUST ME!), I have to say that I'm not happy at all with the Sideshow representations of core, human characters from those films. Maybe I would have been 3-4 years ago, but we live in a new age. I would personally love it if Hot Toys took on the core characters (particularly Han and Luke), because I would love to have those figures in my display. But the Sideshow ones have flaws with sculpt, paint, or some combination of those things that keeps them in my closet. And if that was all they did, I would be content. Sideshow does the monsters and armored guys very well, and there is no need for Hot Toys to horn in on their territory there, IMO.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I am not looking forward to getting into another line (TRUST ME!), I have to say that I'm not happy at all with the Sideshow representations of core, human characters from those films. Maybe I would have been 3-4 years ago, but we live in a new age. I would personally love it if Hot Toys took on the core characters (particularly Han and Luke), because I would love to have those figures in my display. But the Sideshow ones have flaws with sculpt, paint, or some combination of those things that keeps them in my closet. And if that was all they did, I would be content. Sideshow does the monsters and armored guys very well, and there is no need for Hot Toys to horn in on their territory there, IMO.

I pretty much agree with you there. Just don't want to pay HT prices.

I agree with both of you K80 and Webhead. I only have two "humans" and they are both laughable. Bespin Han and Luke. My other "humans" are Vader and all the Stormtroopers/Clones, and Maul. Those figures are very well done, IMO. There are some flaws, but not like with the humans.

The Sideshow figures have been easy enough for me to pass on. I do want Boba Fett if they ever get around to making him, but aside from that I'm OK with my very limited Star Wars collection. If Hot Toys took over and did the humans as K80 mentioned, I'd be in trouble. I'm already trying to convince myself I don't need the HT Indiana Jones because I have the Sideshow version. I don't need that temptation with Star Wars.

Speaking of Star Wars, anyone see the Enterbay/Medicom collaboration Luke Skywalker? Looks like Medicom contracted Enterbay to paint their typically generic, toy-ish looking figure, and of course, they are trying to charge nearly $350 for it. Insane. But, it does have a light-up light saber!

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;mode=retail

yeah I've got Vader, stormtrooper, Emperor, and SDCC Anakin with the Sith eyes and I like them all. Emperor's far enough removed from a normal looking human that he works well, and the Sith eyes works for the Anakin figure. Now I have Bespin Han and ROTS Kenobi and they are meh...Kenobi's better but that Han is whatever. I only paid $30 for him so I can live with it.

I'm not gona lie, Hot Toys Star Wars would draw me in. I'd probably limit myself to Boba Fett, Biker Scout and Slave Leia, at least until they started hitting U stuff. But there's no way I could go all out on them. I can't even do that with statues, which I want to. I still have minimates and Figmas that i need!

There is something about that Enter-Medi Luke that just doesn't look right. I just can't put my finger on it, but I do like the light up saber.

Is his hair too dark? Maybe thats it...

Nice Christmas score, Harley! :)

My Berzerker showed up today. He looks way more awesome in hand than he does in pics. (I feel like we are always saying that about Hot Toys figures.)

That Indy is making my Sideshow figure look like garbage. Ugh. Gonna have to dish that one off.

I dunno about that Indy. He looks good, of course, but from what I've seen the Sideshow sculpt is actually a better likeness (worse paint job, of course). Hopefully Hot Toys will tweak it a bit, but I'll pick one up no matter what. Lots of other, cool 1/6 scale news today. Hopefully more tomorrow.

licenses:

003754i3s1x1ipprr1z3p3.jpg

Metal Gear! Burton Batman! Captain America not a surprise to me.

Mark V:

newrelease_006.jpg

Thor:

kaijou_026.jpg

newrelease_021.jpg

Suggestion that a 1/6 scale Iron Monger is coming. . .

Edited by karamazov80