UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have her, but I do have some of the other DCD 13 inchers. Definitely not worth $90. Maybe $40-50. Most of these go down in price pretty quickly, because they just aren't very popular or good compared to other 1/6 figures, so if you hold out a bit, you might find a good deal.

Just a quick eBay search shows this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BLACK-CANARY-1-6-Scale...alenotsupported

RAH Snake re-releases are available for pre-order from BBTS. They seem insanely expensive if you don't have a point of reference, but these are probably half the price that you would pay for the originals on eBay. If I can afford it when released, I'm getting that Tiger Stripe:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.as...p;category=3463

I did it! I gave in! and i'm blaming you (points finger at karamazov80 and shanester) I bought Billy and Predator to go with Dutch and my expanding Hot Toys Collection.

I now have all the Dark Knight stuff with a couple of kitbashes, Hellboy and Abe and the Predator 1 figs.

Still waiting for my wife's response when the Batmobile arrives, may be interesting :nono::stick:

I did it! I gave in! and i'm blaming you (points finger at karamazov80 and shanester) I bought Billy and Predator to go with Dutch and my expanding Hot Toys Collection.

I now have all the Dark Knight stuff with a couple of kitbashes, Hellboy and Abe and the Predator 1 figs.

Still waiting for my wife's response when the Batmobile arrives, may be interesting :nono::stick:

Wow, I envy your sizable collection (and the Batmobile coming, too!), and humbly accept part of the blame for your getting Pred :D I actually just got Pred in the mail today, and damn. . .words and pictures don't do justice. This sucker is big, too.

DSCN1125.jpg

DSCN1126.jpg

I know the face is really a thing of absolutely beautiful ugliness, but even as a kid I loved the masked look the best, so for the moment, that's how he is posed.

And Northraider, that link is hilarious--"What if the Russians created the Terminator during the Cold War?"

About how much does the Pred run?

I got the exclusive from Sideshow, which was $175 plus shipping. I've seen it sell elsewhere for around $155, though. I had to sell and save a fair amount to justify the expense.

:sick:

Yeah, I'll have to do the same :D

The only thing is, If I wait, will the price increase, or decrease?

They will increase.

Exponentially.

Some of the original Hot Toys Predators go for over 300 bucks.

Usually they will go for between 400-500

If you can, get one asap

You can't resist. . .buy!

DSCN1127.jpg

DSCN1128.jpg

DSCN1134.jpg

DSCN1130.jpg

DSCN1136.jpg

DSCN1132.jpg

He has a cool accessory pack with medical kit, and you can open up his wrist guard-thing to see the symbols counting down his self-detonation. Even though this guy is more expensive than a typical Hot Toys figure, he is well worth the extra.

Edited by karamazov80

I really want it, but when putting serious thought into it, it always comes down to:

Drivers Education or Predator "Doll".....

He's even got the skull with spinal chord!!!!! :angry:

Dude, first off, you can always learn to drive later. Secondly, I drive a fair amount, and am pretty sure that most of those guys never learned how to drive to begin with.

But Predator? Predator is forever.

DSCN1133-1.jpg

Edited by karamazov80

Well. I have some good news/bad news for watchmen fans.

Hot Toys is going to be making a 1/6th Rorshach and Comedian. They had some pics up at a new site that they're doing, but have taken down. The pics were of the Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Jackie Earl hayley from the movies.

The bad news is you guys are going to be even more broke now.....

Well. I have some good news/bad news for watchmen fans.

Hot Toys is going to be making a 1/6th Rorshach and Comedian. They had some pics up at a new site that they're doing, but have taken down. The pics were of the Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Jackie Earl hayley from the movies.

The bad news is you guys are going to be even more broke now.....

Yeah, I've seen our LCS carry the Rorschach and Comedian figures, and I might as well forget about it, or at least wait until I get actual employment. The last thing I need right now is another scale to drive me to bankruptcy. Although I have to admit this looks sort of cool and tempting...

One day.

• 2 weeks later...

MMS DX Dark Knight Batman announced. Will have moving eyes like Joker, sticky bomb gun, backpack for Bat-Glider, interchangeable mouths to make him talk, angry, and serene (I like the angry mouth best), magnetic utility belt, sonar vision eyes option. . .be nice if you could actually raise this one's arms, though:

http://hottoys.com.hk/product.php?cat=66&pid=435

435Batman%20DX%203Head%20a_302x439_sa.jp

Supposedly we'll be getting a DX Rocky at some point. Can't wait to see that.

Edited by karamazov80

After seeing that, I think I just became a permanent 1/6 scale collector. :blink:

I thought I could just keep it to Iron Man... same thing happened with minimates. "Oh, I'll just buy this Spider-Man / Carnage pack, and then I won't buy any more."

I just picked up 1/6th Ash from Army of Darkness and am working a deal on a 1/6th Hellboy. Plus I got my Sideshow 1/6th Darth Vader Exclusive on Weds. All I can say is awesome!

I've got the regular Vader in my Pile of Loot, any specific thoughts pro and con Shanester? As I'm debating if I should keep him in there or convert him into store credit for Minimates.

Edited by karamazov80

Well K80, I really think this is THE Vader to own. The dome being too small is the big gripe with this figure. It is IMO a tad shorter than it should be, but not nearly as bad as some photos have made it look. If it were not mentioned, I probably wouldn't have thought anything of it.

He is a tall one for sure. He easily towers over all other 1/6th figures (of course I do not have an HT Predator though). At first, I thought he might actually be too tall, but even mathematically, he is just about spot on. The detail they put into this guy is fantastic. I truely recommend getting him. If you have any specific pictures you want me to take, just to help the decision process, let me know.

BTW, did you get a Stormtrooper? I have two that will flank him and hopefully a Tarkin (someday). I even have a third Trooper that I haven't figured out what to do with yet.

Thanks Shanester. No, I don't have any Storm Troopers yet (though I do have 4 Kubricks). Ideally I would get 2 as well, and since they run around $80 shipped it is tempting, but I'm not sure if I'll pick one up or not. Almost seems like you need two if you get any at all :P , but that same logic applies to the GI Joe trooper, which I'm still debating whether I should pick up. And I thought I spent a lot of money on toys before getting into these big boys.

Michael Crawford posted a review on the Sideshow Vader today. That is one awesome looking figure.

OMG. this could turn me onto 1/6 figures. I hope not cause my bank account can't take that.