1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

I'm not ThreeZero's biggest fan, but do appreciate their choice of licenses.  I've got Leatherface on pre-order.  Extremely tempted by Pinhead, but my wife would toss it in the trash if she ever saw it!

That Big Daddy looks great.  I had their Jon Snow figure, and it was good in many ways, but the likeness and paintwork left something to be desired.  Ghost had a pretty terrible sculpt.  And his shoes were the size of Frankenstein!  But the tailoring was pretty well done.  I also have the Halloween 6 Myers.  It doesn't look too much like the screen version, but again, the jumpsuit is pretty well done, and it's about 50 times better than the SSC version from years ago.

One thing I've been interested in from them (and prior to that, 3A) is the 1/12th scale, clothed figures.  They seem to be able to put out very high quality figures in this regard, which companies like Mezco really struggle with, despite charging collectors exorbitant prices.  One of my fantasies is that a company can come along and do very high quality, card-accurate ARAH GI Joes in that style.  That could be a worthy update to the original figures on par with what the Masterpiece Transformers are to that franchise.

• 2 weeks later...

3Zero is known for having overly large feet on their figures.  And their hands sometimes look like they are carved from wood.  Possibly a holdover from their close relationship with a company called 3A, which in terms of artistic sensibility is like the Kubricks of the 1/6 scale collecting world (a bit funny since Medicom puts out 1/6 scale figures itself, but is usually pretty conventional about it).

Here is an typical example of what a 3A 1/6 scale figure looks like:

https://www.ultimatetoys.com.sg/product/marvel-invincible-iron-man-classic-ashley-wood-16-figure-threea-3a-comics-new/