karamazov80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Sideshow Jason arrived!

ChPMHt3.jpg

I was on the fence about this one originally, but now I am glad I ordered him. He isn't Hot Toys quality, but he is pretty close. I got him for $140 after my reward points, and that was worth it for me. I saw a few users on SSC padded up his shoulders more. I am going to give that a shot. :)

Your Jason looks pretty great, though I read of several owners having some major QC problems on him, even glaring ones like missing chevrons on his mask.  Extremely iconic character and look.  I got Ash a few weeks back, and that is a very, very good figure by Sideshow standards.  In fact, the reason I missed out on the exclusive is that I have so little faith in SSC that I would pre-order from them.  But if they can get a few wins in succession that might change my opinion.

Kind of funny that they're creating so many figures that Betomatali sold in the past, though--Beetlejuice, Ash, Jason, Freddy.  Maybe Creepshow will be next!

Edited by karamazov80

• 2 weeks later...

The new Spidey from HT is tops on my list of want for 2017.  It looks like 2017 will be easier on the wallet than 2016 was, Civil War just killed me!  

My fingers are crossed that they make Hela from Ragnarok.

8483e3f29ae5b92cf6496030bf96ea43.jpg

I'm skipping most of the GotG 2 figures except for Rocket, I didn't really like the expression on the original so the new vol 2 got me to take the plunge.  I'll likely get Nebula and Mantis if they get around to making them.  

As for Homecoming, I'm just going to get the CW/Homecoming Spidey as well, that IM looks off with all that silver.  

Just from the trailers, I think I'd been in for a new Loki from Ragnarok and probably skip Gladiator Thor and Hulk.

I picked up the 1/6 scale Pinhead vinyl figure by Mezco (who I didn't even know made 1/6 scale stuff) to go with my Jason. Even though it's all vinyl, it works well for Pinhead since he wears all shiny leather anyways. The best part is that he is only $40. The pins are slightly larger than I would like, and the articulation isn't the best, but for $40 I am very happy with him.

wNF0pIU.jpg

I was mainly hoping to get money for upcoming figures that aren't out yet. 

I'd like Retaliation Storm Shadow, but he's only $189, and I paid $415 for Thanos (and even he's going for $382 on BBTS...why is it that other people double, triple, quadruple their initial costs when reselling something, and I always end up taking huge losses? *sigh* :confused:).

Pretty sure that Drax on the magazine cover is the same one from GOTG V1. He's supposed to have swappable pants so you can either have the red or blue look with one figure.

I'm considering getting the new Starlord but I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I like that exclusive head with the mask in mid form and the short jacket. And he has a Groot accessory that I kinda want. I did preorder the deluxe Rocket but that will probably be it for me for this film. Gamora looks okay but I don't really need another and I'm trying to cut back on my Hot Toys spending. Though I think The Last Jedi might kill that plan.

Edited by Mysterious Stranger

• 3 weeks later...

Any old hats at this line of collecting know where I can get Hot Toys "cosbabies"?

I need all the Guardians, but Hot Toys doesn't seem to have a store on their site, Sideshow doesn't carry any, and BBTS only has Avengers & Ant-Man.

I was going to say maybe they're just not out yet, but a bunch of eBay sellers have them, I just don't want to pay their prices if I don't have to.

I've actually stopped buying cosbabies for a number of reasons ,the main one being the cost . The price of cosbabies varies dramatically with the various ebay suppliers & TBQH the best advice I can give to you is to wait until the prices settle then pounce . Ebay unfortunately is your best bet & I never found an alternative reliable source in the US .   

I just picked up the Episode 7 Han and Chewbacca Hot Toys set. They are my first 1/6 scale figures and I am now afraid that addiction is setting in (more are on order...)! Han Solo is magnificent and the sculpt is probably the best Ford likeness ever. Amazing considering he didn't allow facial scanning. Chawbacca's face is a little funky (a wee bit too much space between his eyes and nose), but it's nothing a little hair tousling can't fix. I will post pics as soon as I have them nicely set up!

4 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

I've actually stopped buying cosbabies for a number of reasons ,the main one being the cost . The price of cosbabies varies dramatically with the various ebay suppliers & TBQH the best advice I can give to you is to wait until the prices settle then pounce . Ebay unfortunately is your best bet & I never found an alternative reliable source in the US .   

I still have a box of them to send you!  Same address?