UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

On 10/18/2016 at 1:32 PM, TENIME_art said:

DP shipped! :D

Mine is scheduled for the week of Thanksgiving. I guess I got bumped to the bottom of the list since I used Rewards Points to buy him.

On a separate note, I was just updating my Flexpay schedule spreadsheet (yes, I have to keep a spreadsheet to manage all my payments) and did a quick tally of all of the Iron Man armors I have. I've been collecting the Iron Man armors in near completion since Iron Man 2. As of now, with the figures I have on preorder, I'll have 41 individual Iron Man armors, PLUS 5 War Machines, Iron Patriot, Whiplash Mark II, an Iron Legion and if you count it the Mark III Construction Version. The only ones I don't have (besides the pre-IM2 figures) are the die-cast War Machine which is a duplicate and in my opinion doesn't really improve on the one I already have, and the die-cast Mark III Stealth because I just don't like that color scheme. I have a full set of 7 Hall of Armor but I'm really regretting not getting more of the House Party Protocol armor bays (I only got 3).

I bring this up for two reasons. First I'm going to be taking off the week of Thanksgiving to get our hobby room in order. Right now I've just been piling up boxes and we can't really enjoy the room in its intended purpose. I'm going to be switching out my displays and putting up all of the IM armors in some way, so I needed to know how many exactly I have to work with. And second, I'm going to be culling the herd somewhat on my 1/6 scale figures and honing in on a couple key themes to focus on, Iron Man being at the top of the list after G.I. Joe. So those won't be going anywhere. But its nice to know what I'm definitely keeping so I can set those aside and concentrate on prioritizing the rest.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a similar problem with my hobby room, it's just full of boxes atmo. I have bought the shelving though, and just need some professional help to get it to how I want it.

If you're handy, a few people have built their own armour bays/boxes with some LED lights. If you're not (like me), a local carpenter might be able to do something simple/cheap to give you the look you're going for.

Holy sh**, that's a lot of armor.

I'm in the process of moving stuff from my apartment to my new storage unit, and I'm hoping to get a Detolf for my living room (and pray it doesn't explode :(), so I can take A1 Hawkeye, TWS Black Widow, Maria Hill, Abigail Whistler, Stealth Cap, and Tyrion Lannister out of their boxes and display them finally (the Guardians, Thanos, Sokovia Scarlet Witch, Deadpool, and Rey are all on shelves in my bedroom).

I took a bunch of DP pics when I opened him up, and posted them all to Facebook (my personal profile). I'll try to remember to upload them to Photobucket so I can share them here.

(I'm still serious about trading Desert Rey for Resistance Rey, if anyone is interested.)

• 2 weeks later...

Like Team Cap / Team Iron Man shelves?

I snagged the 3A Halo Master Chief from BBTS for $140 as part of their Black Friday sale. Been eyeing that figure for a while but with the bad reviews couldn't justify the price. But for $100 off retail I was sold. Tempted to get the Carter for that price as well but I'm going to pass on it for now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone here have any experience with threeZero's PVC "skin"? I know one of you has the Raphael.

They just announced Daenerys Targaryen, and she's wearing my favorite outfit. I need her. No question. 

But will I be able to bend her elbows, or is there danger of tearing like with Hot Toys' (which really should be fixed by now <_<)?

I have the first Bay movie Raph. I honestly haven't moved him around much, mostly due to the PVC skin. Like all figures with "seamless" limbs, it seems sturdy enough but its not something I'm going to leave in a dramatic pose for any length of time. Like my HT Gamora. She's got her arms at her sides for fear of permanent wrinkling/stretching/tearing.

I'm in for Dany though. If I can get the damn ThreeZero site to load I'll be getting the exclusive with all 3 dragons.

Speaking of GoT figures, my Jamie Lannister will be shipping from Sideshow next week. Trying to decide if I display him with or without the armor. Both looks are fantastic. If I hadn't just spent my Rewards points on the new HT Iron Man Sneaky "Retro" I'd have gotten a second Jamie to display both looks. But I have a couple 1/6 display dummies I can put the armor on if I decide to display him that way.

Edited by Mysterious Stranger

Yeah Threezero keeps the cool extras for their webstore, Ghost w/ Jon Snow, the Hound's helmet, Tyrion's knife, Ice w/ Eddard Stark and now all three dragons with Dany (no exclusive for Jamie). The exclusives are a little more. I think Dany is $15 or 20 more than the regular version. At least they are giving you Drogon with the regular release.

I managed to get through to the webstore from home so must be something wonky with the work internet.

• 2 weeks later...

After sitting in my POL at BBTS for a few weeks, I finally received my DreamEx TMNT Shredder and Casey Jones. A few initial thoughts.

First, these are fully licensed figures, which I did NOT know. They have the Nickelodeon and Viacom copyright and TM fine print on the box and everything. So that makes these even better in my book, and helps me digest the price point (which isn't bad for a 1/6 scale figure, just more than I'd pay for an unofficial one).

Second, they both come with 1 metal accessory. Casey gets a metal baseball bat and Shredder has a metal sword. That's something that even Hot Toys doesn't do (at least very often).

Third, these are great looking figures. I'm a little put off by the skin tone on Casey, but other than that I have no faults with the look of them. These are the 80's cartoon/toy designs, but done in a modern, realistic fashion. Shredder has his armor and purple cape and both head sculpts are amazing. I'm going to be looking for a second body and a purple and black ninja outfit to display the unmasked head. Casey looks just as good (skin tone aside). His mask is molded as part of the head but I don't recall him ever taking it off in the cartoon so I'm cool with it.

The accessories are cool. Casey has enough sports equipment to really mess you up and Shredder has 3 large shurikens as well as his sword and sheath and a communicator with cartoon Kraang on it.

At between $200-225 depending on the retailer, these are pricier than I'd like. But when you factor in that they are official, licensed figures and see how well done they are the price point gets a little easier to swallow. They are about the same as a comparable Hot Toys figure and I'm glad to have them in my collection. They'll look great on the shelf alongside movie Raph. I just need to get a couple Foot Soldiers to back up Shredder.

EDIT: Also in the box from BBTS was my ThreeZero Master Chief. First thoughts after taking it out of the box... I'm glad I didn't pay full price for it.

On 1/3/2017 at 3:22 PM, TENIME_art said:

Oh, also, anyone know if VTS is planning a Furiosa in addition to Max?

Yep.  It came up for pre-order a few days back.

http://www.timewalkertoys.com/Furiosa-Virtual-Toys-1-6-Figure-p/vts-020.htm

I opened Max a few weeks ago, and he's a fantastic figure.

I've shied away from the rubber figures for the most part (I experienced deterioration with the first DX Batman), and haven't had too many other types of issues.  But the PVC-type material HT used for more recent muscle bodies--like Terminators--have done very well.  Not sure what VTS is using for Furiosa, though.