UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still remember the first time I saw Batista. I knew even then that he was destined for. . .nah, I thought he was going to be like 99% of all the meatheaded 'roid monsters in the WWE, to be used up and forgotten within a span of a few months. Even though I've never been a Batista fan, it actually says a lot about the guy that he could avoid the pitfalls of so many who came before and after him.

That's a new sculpt, released to Facebook today by the sculptor, JC Hong. No pre-order info yet, but it clears up *some* of the confusion of the status of the figure.

My guess is the pre-order is still a while out (since we didn't see the typical HT promo shots) but at least we know it isn't dead.

Comparison of old sculpt (left) and new sculpt.

11731704_10203409045421862_3459366918943

Edited by youbastards

Even that seems to be stretching the logistics, that would be the size of a large coffee table.

Yes, but this is the company that has done the 1/6 scale Tumbler, and apparently plans on selling a 1/6 scale Tie Fighter. So, I can definitely imagine HT doing it, though I agree it would be tough for most even high end collectors to figure out how and where to display such a thing. SSC's mini-dioramas (like the bar where Han justifiably retaliated against that dastardly fiend Greedo) would seem like a better idea to get more sales, but then, they wouldn't be nearly as impressive.

I am seriously considering the TIE. I don't have the room, but could possibly make room if the price is right. I am an Imperial kind of guy...

Drax wasn't at SDCC so I'd imagine it will be a bit before the preorder goes up. But I'm really glad to see they reworked him and that's the reason for the delay. I'd say it was probably a licensor approval issue (i.e. Marvel didn't like it). Regardless I love the new sculpt SO much better. The scarring/tattoos are much better and the skin texture and paint is amazing. Hopefully it will translate over to the production figure.

I'm considering moving one of the children into the hallway so that I can have two display rooms.

I'm afraid I have no choice but to sell you all for scientific experiments.

• 4 weeks later...

Received my Hot Toys IM3 Mark 41 "Bones" and AoU Mark 43 figures yesterday. "Bones" is a lot more fun than I was expecting. I wasn't intending on displaying it with the limbs separated but after playing around with different poses decided it would look better all split up. And it does.

The Mark 43 is just a repaint of the IM3 Mark 42 with a fancy base. The Ultron Mk1 display bit is hard to get sitting right on the stand with and without the figure. It has a flat bottom that should sit flush on the stand but with the extended arm and rubber hoses sticking out the bottom its really hard to balance. I ended up leaning it against the figure display post.

My DASToys Stan Lee figure arrived from BBTS yesterday. Initial impressions are that its a very light set for the price. Yeah its limited to 1000 but a few more accessories wouldn't have killed them. A 1/6 scale comic book or newspaper or something would have been nice. The glasses seem a bit big but 1/6 scale eyewear seems to be a hard thing to get right and Stan's glasses have always been on the large size. He looks a bit top heavy due to all the layers of clothing - shirt, vest, jacket all make his shoulders look out of proportion with the thin legs. But with some creative posing this can mostly go away.

Overall he's a great addition to my Hot Toys Marvel MCU collection. I've got him displayed with my CA: Winter Soldier figures for now. I think I'm going to move him around a bit a la his cameos. A few months with the Cap figures, then over to my Avengers helicarrier display, then into Iron Man's workshop, then up with the Asgard...

Someone at Hot Toys sculpted a pretty great Stan, as well, and I believe Chan stated that they will be releasing a full figure of him, as well.

QjBV14y.jpg

Edited by karamazov80