UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got a 1/6th Exclusive Sam from LOTR and the exclusive Goth Babysitter from the Dead line. Not sure if I will keep them, but Sideshow stuff is nicely done.

Karamazov, if you ask around on the Freaks forum, you can probably find a spare hand for Freddy. I see spares passed around often over there.

Karamazov, if you ask around on the Freaks forum, you can probably find a spare hand for Freddy. I see spares passed around often over there.

Thanks for the advice. The guy who sold me that one is actually sending me a spare, since a "claw" was missing when he arrived to me (along with one of Jason's machetes), but if it doesn't show up for some reason, I'll surely ask around.

• 2 weeks later...
The only 1/6 figure I got was the Hot Toys Bank Robbery Joker. I must admit, he looks absolutely incredible.

I paid up-front for both Jokers (pre-order) in November. Still waiting, and praying that they don't steal my money :(

In happier news, however, I got most of the parts to construct a Flint from Docholliday666 last week. Though my flash makes him look a bit too pale, this is my result so far:

post-1827-1235090036_thumb.jpg

post-1827-1235090058_thumb.jpg

post-1827-1235090076_thumb.jpg

I need to get another belt, and some kind of suspenders (possibly a backpack), but honestly I've very pleased with how he came out. I think he will display quite well with my Snake Eyes. Yo Joe!

Edited by karamazov80

I got my first "Real Action Hero" today. Having read up on these things, I know that they are quite fragile. When I got him in hand, I could tell that this fear was warranted, as he feels like he could be broken fairly easily. Further, one of the wrist pegs connected to an extra hand was actually broken before I got him (I knew this before buying him). Its kind of funny, in that Kubricks market themselves as "unbreakable," but the RAH figures appear far from it (not that Kubricks are always that sturdy. . .as my Buzz Lightyear will attest :angry: ).

The second drawback of this figure is that, despite being a character known for all his cool, wacky poses, this guy can't hardly be posed at all! This is the fault of his outfit, but the tradeoff is, he looks great! The material and design here are what really attracted me to this guy to begin with, but the most I can do with him is point his arms mostly forward (for web-shooting pose), and move the legs at a slightly wide, "balanced" stance. He is also slightly smaller than most of my other guys (as is typical for RAH figures), but it works if you think of Spidey as a relatively small guy, particularly as a teenager.

Here are the pics:

post-1827-1235618637_thumb.jpg

post-1827-1235618612_thumb.jpg

Mini-me!

post-1827-1235618656_thumb.jpg

This one seems to be a type of pleather instead.

yeah, the movie ones do are made out of the pleather to look more movie like.

I got the SM3 Venom, and he struggles to pose as well, though if you work the little guy carefully, he can do some more. speaking of breakable collectibles, I've had fragility issues with RAH Jack Sparrow and Jango Fett. Sparrow's leg popped out at the hip, and I was able to pop it back in, but Jango's Foot snapped off in his shoe, rendering him useless to me. Luckily, Sideshow took him back no problem.

• 2 weeks later...

New pictures!

Faces of Voorhees (Thanks a million, Mike!):

DSCN0689.jpg

DSCN0692.jpg

DSCN0693.jpg

Patrick Bateman (I don't have bare hands for him, so he can't be Bruce Wayne yet):

DSCN0694.jpg

DSCN0677.jpg

Myers vs. Mary Poppins:

DSCN0695.jpg

custom T-800; custom headsculpt that needs some paint (as does the Res. Dogs sunglasses, though they look good on him!)

DSCN0676.jpg

The head he will one day have. . .if I get a decent paint job and the right sunglasses:

DSCN0672.jpg

DSCN0673.jpg

Edited by karamazov80

That's a snappy suit Mr. Bateman has on :)

Indeed, props to Doc for the suit and hands :thumbsup:

Poppins deserved everything she got :angry:

Let's see how she likes the medicine........

:lol: A spoonful of murder

• 4 weeks later...

Mr. J! Giving advice:

DSCN0758.jpg

DSCN0761.jpg

Damn you, non-existent Dark Knight Minimates;

DSCN0771.jpg

Use for older, crappier head:

DSCN0766.jpg

The chihuahuas and other dog-related stuff are not in my room. . .honest.

Edited by karamazov80