UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, my Drax finally arrived too. Not sure if I want to display him in the blue pants or the red ones. I haven't opened him up yet so I don't know how difficult it will be to change them out.

ThreeZero opened up preorders for their first X-Files figure, Mulder. The ThreeZero store exclusive includes a trench coat.

• 3 weeks later...

Diamond had the 1/6 scale Ultron by ThreeA / Ashley Woods on sale for retailers for $60, so I decided to pick up up. I'm not a fan of the clown feet, and I wish the light up feature was pink instead of white, but otherwise I am happy with him for $60. I  don't think he was worth $200 retail price, but he is a cool figure.

ubgOKrO.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Not happy about Drax. He looks identical to the one it took them 3 years to get to us, just with different pants (and the first one is able to swap pants) & new accessories. I can't afford to spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars buying the exact same thing with a couple new add-ons that could be included with another figure.

But at least I'll be able to save up for him since he won't be out until after the third movie. :rolleyes:

A lot of Star Wars. Tarkin, Imperial Gunner, Imperial Guard, Emperor.  I really like the Gladiator Hulk, but wish they muted the colors a bit.

I'm taking a good hard look at what I'm collecting. I realized I have too many minor variations of certain characters that I really don't need (Cap, Thor, Black Widow)  As much as I'd like to be a completist with some lines I just don't have the space to enjoy them all.

I'm sooo tempted by Gladiator Hulk but I think I'm going to pass. Same with the two Thors and Loki. I have good classic MCU versions of those guys and don't really need another variation.

I AM going to get Valkyrie and Hela because they both look gorgeous.

I'll be looking at the Justice League figures for Cyborg, Aquaman and Flash. The Trinity aren't different enough for me to justify getting them. Still waiting on BvS Wonder Woman to ship.

Sideshow's Mythos Obi-wan made my day when it was revealed. I have a kit-bashed one that has been sitting on my workbench for a couple years now waiting on me to finish it. I have the Ewan head on it so I'll just take that head and put it on the SSC figure.

I have the two new Iron Man figures coming already. Retro Bones and Shades. Should be here next week.

I'm torn on the two RotJ Lukes. On the one hand I want the Endor gear but I don't like that headsculpt. The gritted teeth just doesn't work for me. But I'll probably want it to go with Endor Leia, which my wife wants. I like the final duel Luke better though so I might get that one and try to get the Endor gear on the aftermarket.

I took a long look at the Quantum Mechanix booth and their 1/6 figures. The TNG lineup looks great. I was told the women are in development with Crusher coming soon. Her first prototype wasn't up to snuff to show but she's definitely in the works. And their Justified Raylan Givens figure looks awesome! I hope they can get a Boyd out as well. I know they'd like to. Jayne and Zoe from Firefly are solid buys from me too.

I'm looking forward to the Justice League figures, especially the more vibrant colors on Superman.  The Thor stuff looks great, but I'll probably go with Mezco's 1:12 Thor and Hulk instead.  ROTJ Endor Luke.  That's a conundrum.  I'll probably get Jedi Luke and try to grab the helmet, poncho, and belt down the road.  I don't know.  I wish those two weren't on deck at the same time.  The Endor gear seems like it could have been included as either a Deluxe or Exclusive version.  Endor Leia looks great.  It would be nice to see Endor and ESB variations of Han.  

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/19/2017 at 11:46 AM, The Scarlet Spider said:

How do hot toys handle wear and tear? I like to play with my toys and I'm scared that they'll break easy >.<

Some parts are fragile. I've snapped off a folding gun stock, a part of Loki's staff, and a few pieces off Iron Man Mark 1. I would say these are more for posing and displaying.

Freddy arrived today! My horror shelf is starting to come together: 

Mol6trn.jpg