UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

The hobby for large scale items, 1/6 and up, seems to really be getting too pricey for the average collector anymore. Although I have way too many Minimates for any one person, I also have a large 1/6 and 1/4 scale collection of figures and static statues. I love them and I always pay attention to new stuff in the pipeline, but frankly I just can't afford, and honestly just don't enjoy, shelling out $300 to $600 on this stuff anymore. I bought the new SSC Hulk PF and that's the last item over $250 that I have on pre-order right now. I likely won't even entertain much more.

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sideshow just teased a new 1/6 scale Han Solo in Carbonite. The photo is the infamous carbonite block but they refer to it as a "figure" so I'm wondering if it will be a deluxe set of the carbonite block with a separate Solo in his Bespin costume sans jacket. Or a full on Bespin Han which would be great since they are releasing all the bounty hunters (Dengar is teased today also).

Really excited to see what they have on display next week at SDCC. One of the Toy Fair exclusives from Hot Toys is a Suicide Squad Arkham Asylum Joker so maybe we'll see the full Suicide Squad line up. I'll be passing on most of it myself, except for a regular Joker and maybe Harley and Croc if he looks good.

*sigh* I'd really like to get this promotion at work. It would mean so much more money which would make me a lot more comfortable (I'm close to destitute as it is), but it would also allow me to enjoy more of these. 

I still want the Retaliation Storm Shadow, the Sucker Punch girls, Ada Wong, Sirius Black, the upcoming comic TMNT, DoJ Wonder Woman, and if they do a Harley...

QMX has teased a few more 1/6 scale licenses to be revealed at SDCC. One of them I'm pretty sure is Princess Bride. Saw a grainy teaser photo of "The Dread Pirate Roberts" face but can't find it now. Given the quality of their Malcolm Reynolds, Spock and Kirk I think they are on the way to being a great addition to the 1/6 scale world.

Oh and PCS' SOA Jax and Clay went up for preorder last week. I managed to get in on the exclusives which come with tons of extras including more wardrobe for Jax and a second head for Clay.

QMX has the Justified license and had Raylan Givens on display. I am SUPER psyched for this figure. I love that show and if Raylan does well then a Boyd can't be too far behind.

The Dread Pirate Roberts looked good too and comes with 2 heads, masked and unmasked.

And a new company has the Vikings locense and showed off their Ragnar Lothbrook and it was incredible. The same company had a couple versions of Conan from the first Arnold movie.

My Threezero TMNT Raphael showed up while I was on a conference call. Took a quick break to crack him open and he's a beautiful figure. Extremely light on accessories (fist hands and his sai) and his ankles are a bit loose but that's it. Everything else is just about perfect. A good looking figure that my wife won't mind me displaying in the "public" areas of the house (she's a Raph fan too).

I saw that over the weekend. I guess they held this guy back to debut at the Asian show right after SDCC and let Sideshow have the Daredevil reveal in San Diego.

Honestly I think it looks great. It'll probably be in the $230 range because its the title character though. Still I'm down for one. He might end up on the shelf with my GoT or Thor figures though. No room for that mystical mumbo-jumbo on my Iron Man shelf.

• 1 month later...

My Hulk is still going strong.  Even my old Dutch Schaefer Hot Toys is fine.  We're getting lots of 1/6 scale Turtle options--2 different types from ThreeZero, one from Mondo, and one from another company.  But none of them are really hitting all the right buttons for me.  No doubt the movie ones look great, but I have no attachment to that movie, and haven't even seen it.  The Mondo ones look fantastic, as well, but are essentially just scaled up Mattel or Hasbro figures, so I can't justify their cost.  And the designs from the others don't quite hit the mark for me, though that one company's Shredder and Casey Jones look really fantastic.

• 2 weeks later...

My Hot Toys BB-8 with Rey accessory just arrived. I had to crack it open even though I'm still at work, just to play with BB-8. Gotta say BB-8 has a lot of heft to him/her. Granted I think a lot of that is the magnets/gyroscope/magic inside the main body that keep the head attached AND on top. I kept moving the body around in my hands and the head slid right around to the top all on its own. S/he's got a couple compartments that are removable and replaceable with his/her electro-poking arm and the tray that holds the map hologram chip. Didn't play with him/her too much (I am still at work after all) but I have to say I'm really impressed with the little guy/gal so far. Can't wait to get him/her home and on the shelf next to Artoo.

Oh and Rey is PACKED with accessories. Lots of hands, staff, lightsaber, head wrap (a couple different pieces to this), bag, goggles, shoulder armor pad thing and probably something else I'm missing from just glancing at the tray. The likeness isn't that great especially for Hot Toys, but hopefully they can tweak it a bit before the Resistance outfit version comes out so I can display this one with the wraps and goggles on.

Now, where's my Poe Dameron figure Hot Toys?

• 3 weeks later...

Gotcha. I forgot that I paid for Deadpool with Rewards points so I'm not getting the payment plan/shipping date emails for him like I am for everything else. (Flexpay is the best/worst)

I got IM3 Disco Armor earlier this week. Haven't cracked him open yet but he'll be doing the Hustle on the shelf when I get him out. Also received Ultron Mk I (scary fragile) and Knightmare Batman. I need to clean up the hobby room and rework my displays. I have too many cool new figures that are sitting in their boxes and haven't gotten their fair share of shelf time yet.