UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

For all of their male figures, the production figures are nearly identical to the prototypes, with the except of some crazy 5 o'clock shadows occasionally. Their only female figure, Amy Pond, was a production nightmare for them, and the production figure ended up looking nothing like the prototype. But that was also their 2nd release ever, and I think they learned a lot from that situation.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, why so high ya think? Size? I mean really, lets think about this. Over four HUNDRED dollars for a wide release action figure in a relatively small scale. I could easily be wrong, but I think these companies are pricing out collectors.

Hulk was $300 when he came out a couple years ago. And he was a relatively "simple" sculpt and paint with torn up pants and no accessories besides a couple extra hands. Thanos here will be slightly smaller than Hulk but has all that intricate sculpting and paint. Throw in the light up throne base and the "popularity" mark up and "inflation" and $415 isn't so far out of line, with how Hot Toys prices things. I'm not saying that's a good price for the figure or anything, just basing it on observations of Hot Toys pricing "strategy".

Having said that... *sigh*, yeah I flexpaid this guy. He's just too cool looking to pass up. Especially considering the "Infinity War" version is at least 2 years away from being seen let alone produced IF it gets produced at all.

Edited by Mysterious Stranger

Yeah, no. The joints are visible and apart from the boring but well executed sculpt, there is nothing that makes it seem like it's a highly detailed poseable figure. No, it looks like a big toy which costs as much as a console. Or pretty much a year's worth of minimates. Or a year's worth of comics. So yeah, I'd rather get the Lego Helicarrier and have some cash to spare.

Interpret this as you will, but It's *only* $175 more than Sideshow's X-Wing Luke!

Red 5 Luke is the epitome of over-priced and even the biggest fan will admit it. Deluxe R2-D2 probably has more detail than this is is $150.

I have a few Hot Toys figures, all in display in a closed case. Does anyone know if I should remove the batteries from the figures/accessories that have them? Was reading elsewhere that the batteries can leak/explode.

Thanks!

That is something that you will likely get a different answer to, depending on who you ask. I know of several people who do take the batteries out and probably more people who do not. If you never use the features that run off the batteries, it makes sense. Personally, I have never seen actual evidence of an exploded battery in my 1/6th figures, but the cheap batteries certainly can leak, even when fairly new.

I generally leave them in, but if I wasn't lazy I would probably take them out.

Me too, but mainly because I like to occasionally go around and turn them all on.