UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldnt be that hard to get an orb. Maybe a 3rd party will start making accessories for these.

My friend is trying to convince me to start buying these up over the year and selling them once a year at the local scifi expos. I might get into it but if I try to display one like thanos I'll be doomed.

Edited by arnim zola

I think it was $250. Hopefully the company doing Ash can find a muscle body for him, and lose the sculpted neck for that look. The chainsaw and shotgun are not final, as they are the Sideshow ones, but original sculpts will be used for the official release. That company also plans to do S-Mart Ash and the medieval Ash from Army of Darkness. I'm excited about it! With that and the SSC figure coming out from Evil Dead 2, I reckon I'll be able to put together a very decent Ash figure or 2 or 3.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys, I need some support for this terrible decision laugh.png I'll put it this way, I could have bought most of the Avengers 2 Hot Toys lineup for what I paid for Jack and Danny. But the Shining is a classic, and this could be Rainman's "masterpiece" when all is said and done. I usually go for the cheaper head/outfit sets with Rainman releases, but feel this one was worth going all out for, similar to the Dude.

And Shane, I was just thinking about the HT Star Wars stuff. I think I'm good with my SSC Vader and Storm Trooper, so I don't think I'll upgrade. I have the black trooper on pre-order, and might keep it for the novelty, but might not. I'm strongly debating giving up on Solo, and at that point, Chewy is up in the air. Strangely, despite my love of the films that goes back to my early childhood, I've never been hardcore into Star Wars collectibles apart from the Kubricks. They get a Detolf shelf, but only one, and I don't see that changing.

Edited by karamazov80

I saw ANH in the theater with my parents and went immediately after to Sears and bought Kenner action figures. I saw ESB & ROTJ both on opening day with my Mom. It was a family thing and will always have a place in my collection. I have SSC Stortmoopers, but I also have a 2-pack of HT troopers on order, too. Having both SSC Vaders and being happy with them, I will likely pass on HT Vader. I do want more imperials like the Scout and Tie pilots that are about to show up. I am eager to see what HT does with the SW license. A good HT quality Tarkin is my hope sooner than later.

That would be nice, but considering that SSC never even got to him with all the niche characters they focused on, and HT's clear intention to go after the heavy hitters, I wouldn't bank on it. Strange how Tarkin isn't viewed as more important--as you know, even with the Kubricks he only got a 1/96 chase! He was the 2nd most important villain in the first Star Wars film, after all.

Yes, and ever since the EU went back and started filling in the gaps, he actually has had a decent part in the franchise. Well, if you count the EU as a part of the big picture...

Surely someone will do a good Cushing head. He didn't change that much in many of his later roles.

• 2 weeks later...

I dig it, and will probably buy. My current display has Golden Age version with the First Avenger sculpt, and I might stick with that one on display, but assuming there are no issues from prototype to production, this one should be my favorite stock Cap figure. Good sculpt, good body, has the comic colors more or less, has the right shield.

Big Chief has a new version of the 10th Doctor coming out with a new headsculpt, outfit, and accessories. I am still happy with their original release of him from 2013, but this one is very impressive. I already have the 12th Doctor and his TARDIS on order, so I will probably have to let this one go.

zaE13B2.jpg