UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

Han $230

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/star-wars-han-solo-hot-toys-9022661/

Chewie $255

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/star-wars-chewbacca-hot-toys-902267/

Set of both w/ exclusive Stormtrooper rifle $480

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/star-wars-han-solo-and-chewbacca-hot-toys-902268/

I preordered Chewie but had to pass on Han. That face sculpt is off enough that I can't justify the $230 for him.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damnit I keep going back to the SS web site and looking at the Deadpool pics. If the tailoring was just a little better on his outfit, I would easily preorder him. But even as-is he looks like a ton of fun, and I have to wonder if any customizers will be offering a new outfit for him? He is probably going to sell out at some point, and I could see the price rising in the secondary market. Also, Hot Toys will almost certainly be making a DP from his 2016 movie. It will certainly be better tailored than this one, but will it be as much fun? I am torn...

I find that Sideshow's figures are more play friendly than Hot Toys, which I generally pose and display. SSC figures feel more durable than HT and can stand more handling, in my experience anyway.

I went ahead and preordered the exclusive Deadpool. I figure I have until July (when my flexpay starts) to back out but if I don't I know he'll go for a pretty penny on the secondary market.

Plus I kinda want to set up Deadpool and SSC v.2 Snake-eyes squaring off, each with a word balloon attached. Deadpool saying something snarky and Snake-eyes just saying "..."

Damnit I keep going back to the SS web site and looking at the Deadpool pics. If the tailoring was just a little better on his outfit, I would easily preorder him. But even as-is he looks like a ton of fun, and I have to wonder if any customizers will be offering a new outfit for him? He is probably going to sell out at some point, and I could see the price rising in the secondary market. Also, Hot Toys will almost certainly be making a DP from his 2016 movie. It will certainly be better tailored than this one, but will it be as much fun? I am torn...

Yeah, same here. The price is offensive for a Sideshow product, but I like the look. I might just wait and pick up the parts I want when it gets parted out. There are already some pretty good quality 'pool outfits out there.

As for Hot Toys making a movie version, I wouldn't say that is a guarantee. Other than Wolverine, they haven't touched any of the Fox movie superheroes despite Xavier getting as far as a prototype.

On the flip side of this ridiculous habit...I just spent $600 upgrading my custom Indy with Kato's new gear. I got his leather jacket already and it is absolutely the most impressive 1/6 scale item I have ever gotten in hand. I just need someone to make a definitive Indy head and I'm all set. <beastmaster> over at SSF has worked up this model, but he hasn't decided if he is going to produce more than one for himself.

attachment.php?attachmentid=133236&d=141

I went ahead and ordered the exclusive DP last night. He'll be released in October 2015 so I'll have the cash for him. Yeah, he looks more like a GI Joe but it's still an official well made Deadpool so I'm sold. Besides, who knows how much it'll go for in the secondary market?

TBH, I think the SS Marvel line will be great. Did SS make changes to the costumes of both Wolvie and DP? Yeah, but they are not horrendous or anything. They actually complement the characters. I just hope Spidey gets his spandex, that's one figure which doesn't need any changes made to the suit.

Now I have to find a way to get Han, Chewie and the 11th Doc. Even if I cut down everything else for a year or it'll be difficult to pay for them.

Edited by Kostisfire

I agree that Deadpool looks fun, but how much should fun cost? I think the secondary market value will go down before it goes up personally, because I think the market will recognize the outrageously overpriced nature of this guy and adjust accordingly.

I agree that Deadpool looks fun, but how much should fun cost? I think the secondary market value will go down before it goes up personally, because I think the market will recognize the outrageously overpriced nature of this guy and adjust accordingly.

I've gotten used to paying quite a lot due to the shipping costs, fees,etc so 180 euro for a 1/6 fig seems "cheap" to me (not that 180 is a small number, it's just that compared to the Big Chief Who figs which go for 250 euro, he's pretty well priced). As for the after-market value, I don't know. Hawkeye went from 180 to 600-800 in about a month and he was pretty light on accessories, whereas DP is loaded. I'm not saying Wade will go for such insane numbers, but I don't think he'll drop either.

Accessories didn't have much to do with Hawkeye's after-market price. He was the lowest produced Avengers figure (most speculate), and yet was essential to round out the team, so folks were compelled to pick him up. SSC will probably produce DP out the wazoo, but he is a popular character, and sure, later on he could increase in value. But with that price, I'm not so sure. If so I think it will take a long while.

I definitely agree with you about Big Chief from what I've seen. The advantage they have is that they have the exclusive rights to do figures from certain geek franchises like Dr. Who, and they have even cracked down on the custom figures based off of those shows.

Accessories didn't have much to do with Hawkeye's after-market price. He was the lowest produced Avengers figure (most speculate), and yet was essential to round out the team, so folks were compelled to pick him up. SSC will probably produce DP out the wazoo, but he is a popular character, and sure, later on he could increase in value. But with that price, I'm not so sure. If so I think it will take a long while.

I definitely agree with you about Big Chief from what I've seen. The advantage they have is that they have the exclusive rights to do figures from certain geek franchises like Dr. Who, and they have even cracked down on the custom figures based off of those shows.

Yeah, the Hawkeye numbers were pretty low IIRC (1000 out of the usual 2000,right?) from the chatter in the countless A thread back in 2012. And yeah, DP will be produced in much bigger numbers. I'm not expecting him to reach 500 dollars or anything like that, but a 300 $ price tag for the exclusive two years from now doesn't seem so unlikely. I don't really like to depart with stuff I've bought, so whether something does or does not become sought after, isn't something that I think about. Sure, it'd be cool to pay 200 for something and then see it reach the .000s, but all I want is a good fig.

Big Chief for me is a bit overpriced but they're the only ones making quality DW figs. See, the 11th Doc will go up for PO this Tuesday and he will go for 170 pounds w/t shipping, vat,etc. In euro it's 220 for the fig only, whereas with 150 more, I could buy the Han and Chewie combo pack. Worst part is, they can't give DW merchandise to other retailers, so you can't say "I'll just wait a bit". The 10th Doc went for insane prices at the after market, ranging from 500-1200.

Really? Wow. Not sure on exact production numbers for Hawkeye, but a typical popular HT figure could have 5-10,000 pieces, or even more based on "insider information" some have conveyed (saying some Iron Men would have 15,000 pieces put out or more). I would imagine Hawkeye to be closer to 3-4,000, but that's total speculation.

Really? Wow. Not sure on exact production numbers for Hawkeye, but a typical popular HT figure could have 5-10,000 pieces, or even more based on "insider information" some have conveyed (saying some Iron Men would have 15,000 pieces put out or more). I would imagine Hawkeye to be closer to 3-4,000, but that's total speculation.

Do they produce them in such numbers? I always though such figs were in the 3.000 to 5.000 range. The 10th Doc got 300 signature editions and another 1.500 normal ones, plus 50 or so Day of the Doctor eds (different tie). I'm probably completely wrong but I always remembered 1-2.000 for Hawkeye, I don't why, I just stuck there.

They are usually pretty secretive. Announced edition sizes were given for some con exclusives in the past, but even those can be deceptive because they may be assigned to a specific convention (i.e., 300 of this figure for this convention), or may be expanded later (like one of the Predators from a few years back). Ones that did seem pretty clear were the 10th Anniversary exclusives. 4,000 each of Scarecrow/Demon Bats, Beat it MJ, and that anime guy. These were all relatively small releases, in terms of the popularity and availability, and this was a few years ago while HT has grown in popularity since then so it stands to reason that a typical mass released figure would be produced in higher numbers. And someone saying they had insider information from someone at HT claimed there were 15,000 of a typical Iron Man, but ???

--edit: they did 1,000 each of Superman Returns Superman, Begins Batman, and Jack Sparrow I believe, and each one came with a certificate, but that was so long ago that it doesn't have any real bearing on the HT of today IMO--

Edited by karamazov80

They are usually pretty secretive. Announced edition sizes were given for some con exclusives in the past, but even those can be deceptive because they may be assigned to a specific convention (i.e., 300 of this figure for this convention), or may be expanded later (like one of the Predators from a few years back). Ones that did seem pretty clear were the 10th Anniversary exclusives. 4,000 each of Scarecrow/Demon Bats, Beat it MJ, and that anime guy. These were all relatively small releases, in terms of the popularity and availability, and this was a few years ago while HT has grown in popularity since then so it stands to reason that a typical mass released figure would be produced in higher numbers. And someone saying they had insider information from someone at HT claimed there were 15,000 of a typical Iron Man, but ???

--edit: they did 1,000 each of Superman Returns Superman, Begins Batman, and Jack Sparrow I believe, and each one came with a certificate, but that was so long ago that it doesn't have any real bearing on the HT of today IMO--

Yeah, edition sizes are usually a PITA to figure out. Bu it is true that HT (and the 1/6 industry in general) is much different now. Prices have gone up, but the quality has also improved more or less. There are the occasional misses (Indy) but you also get greats like DX Sparrow, so it balances out.

PS: When you say Jack Sparrow you mean DMC/AWE Jack, not DX06, right?

The first MMS one, yes. Not the one with the eyes painted on his head or the DX. I would guess there are around 10-20,000 DXs out there.

Really? Damn! That's a lot more than expected. And to think that I was under the impression that he and Indy were limited releases (say what you will, but bad as he is, I still want to obtain an official Indy and the HT version is the closest it gets).

In a surprise (to me), Hot Toys gave the production Amazing Spider-Man 2 figure cloth instead of the vinyl of the prototype. I wasn't going to buy, but now this will probably be the Spider-Man I keep on display.

10665117_566558253469873_888599835839861

1964861_566558370136528_8300358628690033

Great, now I want it. :(

Did anyone get the Winter Soldier Black Widow?

I sold my Avengers one to be able to afford her, and she's paid for and sitting in my PoL, but my residence is uncertain at the moment, so I can't ship it until I'm more permanently settled.

Anyone with both for comparison pics?

I have both but my Avengers Widow is packed away and Winter Soldier Widow hasn't been opened yet. I know there is a comparison picture out there somewhere, I've seen it (IM2 Widow is a freaking AMAZON next to Avengers and WS). It may have originated on the Freaks forum but I don't think I saw it there. I'll see if I can dig it up. This paperwork here at work isn't going anywhere.

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/sixth-scale-action-figure-news-reviews-discussion/783191-ca2-black-widow.html#post3908441

This post on One Sixth Warriors has the pics I was thinking of, from BBICN.