UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

I'm with both of you guys. That vinyl looking material just won't cut it anymore, particularly at that price point (around $220). I had been trying to sell my spare Raimi Spidey, and no real takers, but when that new Spidey was shown off he sold immediately laugh.png

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 66 Batman looks great. I didn't pick one up as I really moved away from the campy Batman. Don't get me wrong, I was a huge fan as a kid and loved the show, but I just left it behind somehow. I like the more serious vigilante tough guy Batman. Miller's Batman is a favorite.

I do love the CR Superman. I just put up 4 new Detolfs and am glad to finally have space to set up my Superman.

Did you get those Detolfs locally?

I enjoyed the original '66 Batman as a youngish kid, watching the show on FX. But I also appreciate it for being a representation of a simpler, more fun version of Batman in relation to the Nolan version. My first real love of Batman came from the Super Friends and Super Powers toys, and this guy is that version of Bats in many ways. I also like how he has a pretty iconic design, and really pops on the shelf. The suit on this guy is easy to snag, however. I had a couple on his leg right out of the box.

Speaking of this version of Batman vs. the Miller version, there is a great crossover comic between Warren Ellis's Planetary and various incarnations of Batman, and both those versions show up. As does the Neal Adams version, the first appearance version, and others.

g61f8cf45.jpg

K80, I used a company called Blue Bag here in NOLA. They go get your order and bring it back to the city, for a small percentage. I paid $60 to have four Detolfs brought back for me. Not a bad deal considering what gas would have cost me to Houston or Atlanta. I need to work on some diorama inserts now, but I haven't gotten there yet. I am still exploring lighting, too. I think I may just go with a Dioder, but have been discussing a possible option with Pixelpiper (over at SSF) that he makes himself.

I too found Batman in the comics in the mostly blue and grey costume that Neal Adams made famous. At the same time, Superfriends solidified the blue Batman and the Batman TV show brought even more color and a lot of camp to my idea of Batman. As young as I was, I really took the 66 series pretty seriously. In time, I saw what a joke the 66 Batman was and sorta lost interest in him. Once I read Miller's work with the character, I fell in love again. Strangely, I never liked Superman until I saw the CR movies and once those went away, I went back to disliking him. To me, Batman is a nut job, much like the Punisher. They are both homicidal kooks with no actual super powers and that is what makes them great. Lucky for us, they are on the "good" side. Can you imagine if Batman and The Punisher were bad guys?

Well Owlman was an evil Batman (check out this if you haven't seen it: http://www.amazon.com/Justice-League-Two-Disc-Special-Edition/dp/B002YOKVUY/ref=sr_1_sc_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1398199278&sr=8-3-spell&keywords=crisis+on+two+eartsh )!

I enjoyed Miller's TDKR Batman, but even more, I love his Year One Batman, which to my eyes is a fundamentally different character. Batman has had so many different incarnations over the years, and I love many of them actually. My favorite all time is probably the Animated Series version, but personally I don't care as much for the portrayals of Batman as truly disturbed in the way that Miller did/does. Batman is as attractive to me for his brilliant deductive skills, strategic insight, and devotion to fitness and honing his combat ability as is his irrationally strong devotion to combating injustice. I do see Punisher as a wanton killer though. Only marginally different from the villains he kills in that he is devoted to protecting/avenging innocents.

Wish we had a Blue Bag for Baton Rouge! Looks like it's just a NO thing.

Edited by karamazov80

K80, I used a company called Blue Bag here in NOLA. They go get your order and bring it back to the city, for a small percentage. I paid $60 to have four Detolfs brought back for me. Not a bad deal considering what gas would have cost me to Houston or Atlanta.

FYI, Houston, a lot of times, doesn't have them. They are one of 2 Ikeas int he world that aren't actually Ikeas, meaning not owned by Ikea itself, but rather leased. The other being Moscow.

I went around and around with the manager when they had Detolfs on sale and Houston wouldn't honor it.

Well, the odd thing is there are commercials on local TV here for Ikea, but no actual store. I don't even watch much TV and occasionally see them, so they advertise here, but no store.

HT posted images of Rhino from ASM2, that thing is a behemoth!! I can't imagine how expensive it is going to be, $500? $600? I guess it'll be a good indicator of how much the Hulkbuster figure will be for Avengers 2.

0032196.jpg

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?143790-Art-Figures-AF-15-Dredd

dredd1.jpg

dredd3.jpg

dredd5.jpg

dredd2.jpg

dredd4.jpg

A 100% bootleg 1/6 Dredd figure, but it looks damn impressive. I have the bootleg movie Punishers that this company released, and the quality is surprisingly good. This will run around $130, if previous price points are any indication.

Product Name: Heavy Armoured Special Cop

Product Code: AF-015

Release Date: 2014-6

Product Status: FOR ORDERING
Figure:
- Detailed likeness headsculpture
- Body
Costume:
- Leather combat jacket
- Leather combat pants
- Combat boots
- Combat gloves
- Bulletproof vest w/Name plate
- Tactical shoulder pads
- Tactical knee pads
- Helmet w/eyeglass
- Gas mask
Weapon:
- Smoke grenade
- Stick grenade w/Holder
- Machine pistol w/Holster
- Clips w/Holder
- Tactical folding knife
Gear:
- First aid kit
- Gas mask bag

Edited by youbastards

That Falcon is amazing. Hot Toys just keeps blowing me away.

Have any of you guys seen all the drama over the Art Figures Armored Cop (Dredd)? I ordered one just before the license holder got involved. I'd love to have the figure, but believe that the license holder really should triumph here. It would be nice if Art Figures could come to an agreement with the license owner, but its unlikely.

The licensor has sent C&D notices to online retailers. It seems only a few retailers are complying, most in the UK where the license holder is located. Lots of speculation about whether the figure will get made or not.