UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

Hot Toys found a pretty nice compromise with the joints on the TTM-19 muscle bodies IMO. You can see the joints, but they aren't as glaring as they are on traditional 1/6 scale bodies. I would have been fine with this on Hulk, personally. But I'm hoping we'll get sufficient movement with the option they took here.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call me gun-shy, but my concerns over rubber parts are not easily quelled by their claim of a different material. Besides, I am just not that impressed. IMO, he looks only slightly better than a figured I'd buy from Hasbro for $20.

I think that's understandable. We don't really know how this new material will fare longer term, though some of those with some apparent knowledge of chemical compounds have suggested that the PVC material is much more durable and less likely to erode/decay over a short span of time. With the figures I've had using it, they certainly feel like they are more durable, for what that's worth.

I would disagree about him looking like a Hasbro toy though. I think the paint apps and detailing on this guy are sure to blow away any mass retail type release, the same way their Iron Man figures do, even though they may look a bit similar at a distance.

Edited by karamazov80

I'm sure you're right K80. I just need to see some in hand photos on this, I guess. I've never been real impressed with any of the movie Hulks. Even old Lou Ferrigno couldn't completely fool me as a kid, but I still enjoyed the stories, both movie and tv. Avengers Hulk was the best movie Hulk so far, both in imagery and personality, but I'll always be a comic Hulk guy.

Oh yeah, me too. I hope some company will eventually do nice, high end, 1/6 scale comic styled figures from Marvel. The HT movie guys are stand-ins for the most part. And $300 for this toy is absurd, even though I'll probably end up paying it :lol:

Are you at all considering the Avengers Hulk Maquette Shane?

The Maquette is another that I have not been very interested in. I think it looks great and will probably end up being a hard piece to find if they don't go crazy on the production numbers. The price isn't bad for what you get, however, I am not jumping at the preorder and I doubt I will. Again, it looks fantastic, but I will always be a comics guy and hope one day a more comic-faithful Hulk in a Buscema, Severin, or Trimpe style, makes it into a feature movie.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know how many of you might have gotten SSCs Boba Fett 1/6th. Its not a terrbile figure IMO, but there are certain things that I just couldn't get past. The chest/vest has issues and the yarn looking wookie scalps killed it for me. I had to send my first one back beause there was a hole in the side of his vest. I got an offer to trade my new Boba for a SSC Stormtrooper PF and I jumped at it. I was always scared of buying one of these because there were a lot of breakage issues at first. Mine arrived intact and awesome. I'll go post a crappy cell phone pic in the statue section. :confused:

Damn. That sounds like a pretty sweet trade. Yeah, Boba doesn't blow me away. I modded his vest a bit, but he still feels. . .cheap and less than what he could be somehow. I realize that I've probably just been spoiled by all the awesome 1/6 goodness out there to some degree.

I could imagine offloading him at some point and not feeling too badly about it.

Edited by karamazov80

I think HT spoiled me a bit, too. However, I collect the SSC Clones and IMO they are top notch. I really don't see how HT could even improve on them much. The price has been right so far, too.

I was really not impressed with Boba Fett. I hope the new Vader is not a let down.

I jumped at the Stormy PF when offered to me. Right place, right time.

I asked this question here about 18 months ago:

Here is a question for you all: If you could pick any 5 characters to be made (or re-made) as a high quality 1/6 scale figure, who would you pick?

Mine would be:

1. The Doctor (Tom Baker)

2. Pinhead from Hellraiser

3. Doc Ock from Spider-Man 2

4. Lionel with lawnmower from Dead Alive

5. The Beatles as Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band (ok this is really 4 characters :P )

Out of those, I think only #3 has a real chance of happening. What are yours?

And now the 4th Doctor is being made!

rierQ.jpg

This is just a prototype, and Big Chief is still working on several updating things on this figure, but I am really excited to be able to cross a figure off my list. I am still holding out hope for Doc Ock. :)

Dr. Who guy looks pretty sweet. Apparently that company has the "Sherlock" license. Too bad it isn't for the old Jeremy Brett version of Sherlock Holmes. I love that one, and would buy that figure. I also enjoy nu Sherlock, but not nearly as iconic a representation of the character.

I pre-ordered The Avengers the other day and got a free metal Blu-Ray case and a $10 gift card to Sideshow. I, of course, intended to use it for Black Widow. Guess who just went Wait-List? :rolleyes:

Wouldn't have mattered anyway. You can only use the SSC gift card for specific items on their gift card list--these are figures that couldn't sell out at their regular price. I don't reckon Black Widow would have made it there.

Edited by karamazov80

Dr. Who guy looks pretty sweet. Apparently that company has the "Sherlock" license. Too bad it isn't for the old Jeremy Brett version of Sherlock Holmes. I love that one, and would buy that figure. I also enjoy nu Sherlock, but not nearly as iconic a representation of the character.

I pre-ordered The Avengers the other day and got a free metal Blu-Ray case and a $10 gift card to Sideshow. I, of course, intended to use it for Black Widow. Guess who just went Wait-List? :rolleyes:

Wouldn't have mattered anyway. You can only use the SSC gift card for specific items on their gift card list--these are figures that couldn't sell out at their regular price. I don't reckon Black Widow would have made it there.

Yep, just found that out today when she came back in stock for pre-order. Well, that's a shame, there's nothing on that list i could justify the money for to use the gift card yet. What a shame. Pre-ordered her anyway as a Christmas present to myself (if she doesn't get pushed back), so there's that.

Question for you guys who use Sideshow a lot: Wait Lists; i want to get on Hawkeye's. Do they charge me now?? I see there's an actual checkout screen, and while it has a red X, it still lists a total. I don't want to get on now if i'm going to lose money already. Opinions?

No, you don't pay for SSC pieces until they are ready to ship. Exceptions are when there is a NRD (non-refundable deposit) which charges when the waitlist converts, or flex-plans, where you pay bit by bit until it comes in stock.

And yeah, the gift card thing isn't usually very helpful. Unless you get a really great gift card (like, $75+), those items can usually be purchased for the same as the post-GC price elsewhere on the secondary market, considering they are unpopular enough not to sell out through SSC directly. Gift cards really help SSC more than they do collectors.

Great, thanks. Last thing i needed was over $300 blown through in one sitting. Thanks K80!

Oh, fun side-note: I have a much bigger dorm room in college this year, and bought a small shelf so i could bring and display Superman. He looks great on the shelf, but even better is all of the compliments he gets. People who are notoriously not nerds immediately said "Yo, is that a Chris Reeve Superman??" Always cool seeing such an amazing figure get praise.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Not sure if I am setting myself up for trouble, but I have a hard time watching anything other than the 4th Doctor episodes. The new stuff seems to be making a good go of it, but Baker will always be my man. Depending on price, I may pick this one up.

I wouldn't worry at all about getting Hot Toys Hawkeye. If not from Sideshow, then from somewhere else. These figures are produced out the wazoo. Sometimes there is too much speculative buying by people hoping to "flip" them down the road that leads to early sell-outs, but I would bet good money they will be available for reasonable prices once the market realizes how many are really out there (i.e, 4,000+).

But yeah, I bet lots of waitlists will convert. They might even get some back in stock.

Edited by karamazov80