UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, there were actually 2 Hot Toys Dark Knight Batmen (the first MMS release: http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_102708b.htm and a DX release with fancier features: http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_030310b.htm ). The first release was lacking in some ways, as the proportions were a bit off and the head sculpt wasn't perfect. The DX looks fantastic and has lots of nifty display options, but has limited articulation and, if you picked up an early release, abs that leaked oil and damaged the rubber suit.

The one you are linking is a pseudo-re-release. The original was great: http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_082508a.htm , and the new version is also great: http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_092111b.htm . However, there are pros and cons to each, as the older figure only had one mouth for Bats and a more primitive Wayne sculpt, while the newer version was rife with quality control issues, primarily loose/broken ankle joints and a cheaper rubber suit.

I personally like the original, "Begins" suit Batmen (both of them) more, because I like the design better. But as far as figures go, I don't think any of these trumps the others, as each has its pros and cons.

Thanks for the info K-80. I always look to guys when I start researching Hot Toys figures. I wish I was on it a few years ago. I would have some nice stuff for cheaper! I picked up the psuedo re release and havent opened it yet. Looks like I need to make sure everything is good to go. I was comtemplating getting the Dark Knight one too. I just need to get the Ledger Joker. I keep looking for a good deal.

Edited by Hawkeye's Junk

I would say that there is a 98% chance Hot Toys re-releases the Dark Knight suit Batman for the new movie, by the way. And they have shown off a display saying that a Ledger DX 2.0 is coming out. So, you should be able to get in on the ground floor with those if you exercise some patience. And they will no doubt be impressive in ways that the earlier releases weren't (just cross fingers regarding QC).

I love the Hugo sculpt on Red Skull. HT is talking about a lot of re-dos. It has caused some controversy, but the only losers are the speculators and folks who paid inflated aftermarket prices, while the winners are the collectors in general.

I'm gonna try to sell the damn thing soon, before the price plummets :D

Better hurry! It doesn't take long. Look at P1 Predators. Not exactly the same situation, but similar. That was practically overnight once the Classic Pred photos came out...

My DX Batman took a tumble and broke both ankles (damn kids). Not just the peg, but the plastic on the shins and the feet. I superglued everything together, but now he REALLY can't move. I don't normally use stands, but I put him on his stand and wrapped his cape around him so you can't see it. It looks like replacing his legs would be a monumental pain in the ass. I wouldn't even know where to begin. I might just hold out hope for a TDKR Batman...

Ooh. Rough one Luke. If you could somehow pull the rubber up high enough, the shins can be pulled out from the knee pegs with some force (the knee pegs are also simply pegged into the thighs). And the shins seem to be a pretty standard size for the narrow shouldered True Types.

Here's a pic I found that shows you what the peg looks like:

2610g.jpg

Word of warning though--those knee joints are fragile as hell. I just broke one a couple days ago, and have broke 3 or 4 overall without doing too much to cause it.

Edited by karamazov80

Red Skull fully revealed:

ou2lz.jpg

Oh yes, he will be mine. :D

I would really like to get this, as well as the Captain America Hot Toys figure as I loved the movie (I did manage to get all of the movie minimates though). However I currently have the '89 Nicholson Joker and Keaton Batman on order and can't afford these two as well.

Ooh. Rough one Luke. If you could somehow pull the rubber up high enough, the shins can be pulled out from the knee pegs with some force (the knee pegs are also simply pegged into the thighs). And the shins seem to be a pretty standard size for the narrow shouldered True Types.

Here's a pic I found that shows you what the peg looks like:

2610g.jpg

Word of warning though--those knee joints are fragile as hell. I just broke one a couple days ago, and have broke 3 or 4 overall without doing too much to cause it.

Hey guys!

Just so you know, the newer trutype bodies have improved strength in the knee joints. From platoon Chris Taylor on, the joints are stronger.