UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

Good god, that Dexter! I nearly pee'd myself. I think if a company released him, that good looking, there's no way i'd be able to avoid buying it.

EDIT, Also, any 1/6th collectors who frequent 1/6th forums, can you keep a look out for a Mars Attacks Alien Soldier LESS than $150 for me? I'd really like him to be my first 1/6th purchase, but I'm not sure I'm ready to pay what he's going for in the few auctions on ebay.

Edited by Punisher

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen some really good deals for those Mars Attacks figures. I'll keep an eye out.

As for Dexter, a mass released 1/6th scale version is being released supposedly, but. . .well, it ain't Rainman :lol:

http://www.toy-world.com.hk/forum/attachme...8oSjS4GcuWD.jpg

Here's another awesome custom, though, from a terrific sculptor/painter named Xenoviper:

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w67/mar...er/IMG_3834.jpg

I'll buy one of your P1 Preds if you need help funding your addiciton... :)

It is not beyond the realm of possibility that I would sell my, er, remaining spare :blush:

But I've decided to offload figures I don't take out of their boxes anymore first, and so far that's working pretty well. I sold off most of my Transformers Classics figures, and DCUC and Marvel Legends might be next. If/when all that sells, I should be in pretty good shape! I want to unload some of my excessive Minimates and Kubricks, but I'm too lazy to take all the pics and list the auctions.

This is madness!!! And I don't mean that in the "I'm about to get kicked into the abyss by Gerard Butler" way.

Offload whatever you must, K80, but don't let that P1 go. You'll regret it later.

As for Dexter, a mass released 1/6th scale version is being released supposedly, but. . .well, it ain't Rainman :lol:

http://www.toy-world.com.hk/forum/attachme...8oSjS4GcuWD.jpg

Apparently I bear a passing resemblance to Dexter ......in old pictures of me anyway (obviously)...& the resemblance revolves around the guy's mouth . I realise I'm inviting abuse (so go ahead) but Dexter & I have distinctive mouths & dentistry .......that Dexter figure will never work without him smiling in his inimitable* fashion. I was going to say that it'll never work without him flashing his dentistry but having just checked out hundreds of the promotional pictures for 'Dexter' ,Michael C. Hall almost never shows his teeth :ohmy: Now I haven't got Hollywood teeth but they are still 'OK' & 99% all my own but I find it absolutely incredible that he isn't a gnasher flasher !!!!!

*inimitable except by me :devil:

I was seriously considering selling my Predator 1 only a couple of days ago. I sold off all HT figures but him and my T-600, so they seemed a bit out of place in my collection. I picked him up and turned on his bio light just to make sure there were no issues and I set him back down marvelling over how cool he is. I backed out of selling and did not list him. The HT Predator is really an incredible figure and I am glad I got him at retail....

I IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!

As for the Mark IV Hand, there aren't many places that part out the Iron Man armor figures.

Here are a few places that might.

Toy anxiety

Monkey Depot

Evilbay (Probably your best option for the time being, although Toy anxiety hopefully will be parting them out.

Sideshow freaks.

I'll keep an eye out for you.

:D In my experience, Waitlist Conversions are always bittersweet. Exciting to get something that I wasn't planning on, but because I wasn't planning on it, I usually don't have the funds set aside ahead of time. :blush:

Thanks Doc! I went ahead and spent $20 on eBay for it....knowing that if I don't get it now, I may end up kicking myself later. I also fired off an email to Hot Toys, but my expectations aren't too high.

Anyway, $20 is pretty cheap for a handy. :P:blush::no:

Edited by youbastards

I backed out of selling and did not list him. The HT Predator is really an incredible figure and I am glad I got him at retail....

It still is one of my favorites. It is easy to forget how awesome that figure is until you take him off the shelf and give him a close look-over. Whenever I take a close look, he still impresses. More than most other figures I have. Probably only rivaled by my T-800 Terminators.

My was looking at my collection, sees me 1/6th figures an says:

"I don't like those.

"Sorry." I say.

"Well, no I just don't like the one in the middle."

"Sarah Conner from T2?"

"Yeah, she's ugly."

"but the detailing is great on that figure. Realistic skin, veins, glossy eyes."

"Well I can't help it. She's still ugly."

"Well mom, I can't help that. Linda Hamilton is not a beautiful woman. I guess in that respect it's a good figure."

"But if she's ugly why do you have it?"

Priceless. :)

Man, I need a Scarecrow. Been waiting to find both Demon Bats and Scarecrow together, but I'm really starting to feel like I don't need that Batman after all. Maybe I'll luck into a decent price on just the Scarecrow.

I like the effects you used with the pic, Luke. Makes me feel like I'm on drugs. Oh wait, I am on drugs. J/K hahaha!!

Hey, I got my Scarecrow today as well! :banana:

My pics ain't as fancy as Luke *cough*show-off*cough* :D

But, here they are:

SDC13415.jpg

SDC13415-1.jpg

SDC13415-1-1.jpg

SDC13416.jpg

SDC13417.jpg

I'll probably pose him without the straight jacket, but I haven't bothered taking it off of him yet. Too busy playing Marvel vs. Capcom 3 :buttrock:

'Tis a good time to be a geek with a job :)