UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those were half-hearted attempts at best ;)

At least, that's how I read them. . .you know you have a real problem when the most blatant attempts to dissuade are read as support and reinforcement :lol:

I'll buy one of your P1 Preds if you need help funding your addiciton... :)

It is not beyond the realm of possibility that I would sell my, er, remaining spare :blush:

But I've decided to offload figures I don't take out of their boxes anymore first, and so far that's working pretty well. I sold off most of my Transformers Classics figures, and DCUC and Marvel Legends might be next. If/when all that sells, I should be in pretty good shape! I want to unload some of my excessive Minimates and Kubricks, but I'm too lazy to take all the pics and list the auctions.

I have not a clue yet, as I haven't researched them. But I do know Legends Face-Off Cap is going for a fair price, relatively speaking:

http://completed.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw...g=50&_rdc=1

Sadly, that is actually one of the few figures I wouldn't want to get rid of.

I have a feeling my Palisades Muppets will be worth a small fortune once the new movie comes out, but the wife will not allow me to sell those :(

She's also made several other figures of mine "off-limits" for re-sale, which makes my life a bit more difficult. :D

LOL, my wife encourages me to part with anything I can...

+1. Mine calls everything figurines because she knows it pisses me off. She doesn't know about my 1/6 figures because I don't have a display case to put them in. She'd definitely use the word "doll" if she saw them.

I guess that's the double edged sword of a spouse having sincere support and appreciation for your hobby. I don't get criticized for any of it. She actually gets angry if I suggest selling certain things :lol:

I think part of it is--she knows I have an obsessive personality. And if it isn't this, it's gonna be something else. . .better the devil you know, I guess.

My wife is kind of the same way as yours K80. She really doesn't collect anything but she knows how passionate I can be about my stuff. It seems like decades ago now, but I sold off a lot of my complete vintage GI Joe Adventure Team and Action Man stuff to buy her a nice engagement ring. She loved the ring (and said "yes" of course) but was not happy about me selling my stuff to buy it. She was especially upset because I sold my Action Man Argyll and Southerland Highlander as it took me years to complete, but she got over it...

My wife is kind of the same way as yours K80. She really doesn't collect anything but she knows how passionate I can be about my stuff. It seems like decades ago now, but I sold off a lot of my complete vintage GI Joe Adventure Team and Action Man stuff to buy her a nice engagement ring. She loved the ring (and said "yes" of course) but was not happy about me selling my stuff to buy it. She was especially upset because I sold my Action Man Argyll and Southerland Highlander as it took me years to complete, but she got over it...

Diamonds usually have that effect on the fairer sex.

My wifey actually likes it when I sell some of my hobby stuff, although I am also lucky because there are certain pieces that I told her that I was going to get rid of to fund my hobby and she literally told me that if I got rid of my favorite piece (Sideshow Doc Holliday 1/6th figure) she would physically assault me. It was sweet.

Well, I got my Hot Toys Mark IV Iron Man today, my first venture into Hot Toys 1/6, and I'm really impressed with everything!

Except for the fact that the thumb on the right hand (with moveable fingers) snapped right off when I tried to bend it... :angry:

I don't know if it was sitting outside on my front porch in the cold too long, I didn't have any problems with the fingers on the left hand.

Does anyone know if there is a way to contact Hot Toys to get a replacement directly (their website is really slow to load for me), or am I stuck going the third party route? I checked Toy Anxiety, but they don't have any Mark IV's broken down. Any other suggestions?

Those hands are pricey on the secondary market. You can contact HT at the following:

cs@hottoys.com.hk

But it may take them a couple weeks to get back with you. Note that you'll most likely have to provide a receipt and picture if they allow a replacement/exchange.

Toy Anxiety of course, Monkey Depot does breakdowns, and, uh, I don't really know of anyone else. If DocHolliday shows up soon, I'm sure he could give you some other options.

Update in-progress Dude figure:

Untitled_2.jpg

I think I've gotta go for it with him.

Here was Rainman's last figure, btw--Dexter.

http://www.rainmanart.kr/goods/images/20110121112836cont.jpg

Edited by karamazov80