UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Elmer's Glue' was a new one on me ....................

The brand was named Elmer's after 'Elmer the Bull' ,husband :ermm: of Borden's advertising mascot Elsie the Cow.*

I know one or two people around here (Devon) who would love a 1/6 Scale Action Figure of Elsie.......I'm not kidding :huh:

*Wiki ....... 'husband' :P

EDIT:Just in ..........great news for burger-lovers everywhere http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12084393

-bullshitsmate

Edited by buttheadsmate

Check out the background I made in Photoshop for displaying behind my Iron Man figures:

dm9gP.jpg

The full size version is 26.5"x14.5" (my shelf size). I know it isn't movie accurate, but I wanted something that looked like it could fit into the movie universe, was generic enough to fit behind all of the different figures and armors, and yet still have a nice big explosion. :D

The original photo is from here.

Once I get this printed, I will post a picture of my display. :)

It isn't healthy. . .

FYI, Toys2.net (a Canadian Hot Toys retailer) is expecting to get a shipment of the exclusives. They have received these in the past. If you e-mail the guy who runs the site, he may put you on a "wish list" to be given dibs if/when he gets these figures in-stock. From my understanding, he usually doesn't jack the prices up too too much. Just FYI. I have never ordered from the guy and can't vouch for anything, but lots of others swear by him.

Dang. The translated Hot Toys article made me fear as much. With 4,000 of the dang things floating around, I'm really surprised that they aren't releasing these through some official channels in the "West." That's nearly half of the number of Sideshow Vaders released, which tells me these aren't rare by any means.

Yeah, I thought about emailing the guy you're talking about, but from what I've read there are already a lot of people on his list. I doubt I could get in this late.

I'm also thinking at 4000 pieces, the price should come down on Demon Bats and Scarecrow. What was the Guardian Preds run? I thought I heard 2500, but I could be way off.

Hopefully after the initial panic, the price drops to something a little easier to accept.

I'm also thinking at 4000 pieces, the price should come down on Demon Bats and Scarecrow. What was the Guardian Preds run? I thought I heard 2500, but I could be way off.

If I remember correctly, it was 500, but that may have applied to 500 per convention (not sure if that was ever clarified). And I think it was released at, at least 3 different conventions. So, some uncertainty there, but Hot Toys explicitly said that they upped the production numbers for these new exclusives since so many missed out on the SDCC-type exclusives. They also said that they were making it much easier for Asian collectors (in Hong Kong and Japan) to get ahold of them--which they are--at the expense of "Western" collectors.

Re: Toys2, I don't think of myself as an overly risk-acceptant or risk-averse person. And I think that site allows me a nice middle ground, given the uncertainty of the future cost of these guys. I'm willing to pay "MSRP" plus a little extra to the seller, because I really want Scarecrow and Beat It MJ. Much more than any of the SDCC exclusives from last year. But I think you guys are right in that ultimately, 4,000 is a lot, and prices will eventually reflect that. . .for awhile at least. Until these do eventually get into the hands of folks who don't re-sell, then they become scarce, and prices go way up (as is typical for Hot Toys releases).

I'm about to stop dealing with people on OSW.com. First I had the idiot who told me I took too long to pay, when it was a total of 3 hours, and now I've had another guy tell me I took too long.

This time, I'm out an Art Figures "Saves" Punisher knockoff. I had originally worked a deal with a guy named Azteca to trade my Dark Knight Batman for a Leonidas. He was expecting 4 from his distributor, and was willing to do the trade. Well, he never got his Leos, and felt bad that the deal fell apart. He offered me a figure at his cost, any time, just to let him know.

When I learned he was getting the Punisher figure, I asked if he could hook me up with that. He agreed. Over the past couple months, I've kept in contact with him, and he continually told me he'd contact me when they arrived. Well, I happened to find from one of his posts (not a PM, mind you) that he got his stock, and as of last night he had 6 left. I sent a PM and asked for the total and his Paypal info. He did not respond by the time I went to bed, so I figured I'd check during my break at work. When I logged on, I had two PMs from him. The first had the total, and a warning to pay soon because he couldn't hold them too long "because they are hott." His second message, sent almost 3 hours later, said he was officially sold out. I sent him a message asking what happened, and he came back with "what happened is that we are sold out."

So if you're dealing with anyone on OSW, make sure you sit by your computer at all times so you can instantly send payments or answer any questions someone may have. Otherwise you'll miss out and it's your own fault. LOL! :wacko:

So if you're dealing with anyone on OSW, make sure you sit by your computer at all times so you can instantly send payments or answer any questions someone may have. Otherwise you'll miss out and it's your own fault. LOL! :wacko:

The d!c$s over at SSF are better than the ones at OSW :D

The d!c$s over at SSF are better than the ones at OSW :D

Amen to that, bro. I've at least completed a few deals on SSF. This is still the best forum I've ever dealt on, but unfortunately there's just not much of a 1/6 market here. hahaha!