UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Lego + Brickarms make UK national newspaper!!

winkerbean

It is sometimes a pity that we have an acknowledged self-policing policy on politics & religion here. I respect that, so I won't go absolutely ballistic . The Sun is the mouth-piece of a shabby Australian oligarch who single handedly has denegrated the British press & TV . The Sun is famous for picking on the 'small guy' & winning .......a Lego retailer sounds 'fair game' to me. :angry:

Oh yeah.....here's a typically fair-minded 'Sun' front-page. F*c*ing hypocritical shits.

post-638-1228392850_thumb.jpg

except he didn't give them to us, he just bought them. never confuse money with creativity. sorry, mini rant over, lol

True he wasn't the "mastermind" or anything, but can you see NBC or CBS even gambling on something like the the Tracy Ulman Show/theSimpsons back in the 80s/early 90s? What about Arrested Development? That was a freaking daring show, that unfortunately over-estimated the comedic taste of the U.S. public.

Of course, I'm sure that Murdoch wasn't even in charge with the programming decision to develop those shows, as he has subordinate execs to do that sort of thing, but in the final analysis--no Murdoch, no great Fox shows. I give the devil his due.

Wait, wait. Did Brickarms change the name of their figure after this article was published, or was The Sun simply wrong?

All I see in regards to the minifigure in question on the website is this:

Mr. White

That's, uh, not necessarily Mr. Bin Laden. :no: And how many kids play with Brickarms toys? Aren't these mostly for adult Lego collectors?

...and what's wrong with Nazis? EVERYBODY hates Nazis. And, they're not even called Nazis on the website. :nono: I'm sorry, maybe I'm terribly biased, as I love Brickarms. But this just seems ridiculous.

Edited by Alpheon

Wait, wait. Did Brickarms change the name of their figure after this article was published, or was The Sun simply wrong?

All I see in regards to the minifigure in question on the website is this:

Mr. White

That's, uh, not necessarily Mr. Bin Laden. :no: And how many kids play with Brickarms toys? Aren't these mostly for adult Lego collectors?

...and what's wrong with Nazis? EVERYBODY hates Nazis. And, they're not even called Nazis on the website. :nono: I'm sorry, maybe I'm terribly biased, as I love Brickarms. But this just seems ridiculous.

I think the name Osama Bin Lego was some reporter-hack being semi facetious-inflamatory