UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

I have a dilemma with an 03 blank

I have a dilemma. Recently I got a 2003 mib yellow blank. Other then a silver spidey the 03 blanks are the only minimates I dont have. So my problem is 2 fold: a) I am an opener so am tempted to open it but B) it is the only one I have and not sure about the $$ to hunt out at least the other three colours so do I offer it up for trade against the new tru mates?

any thoughts would be greatly appriciated on this...I know its my call in the end but its nice to discuss some ideas :)

Jeff of the Miniacs

Jeff, I also say "hold on to it," but as an (apparent minority) opener, I say "open it!" What use is a toy that never gets taken out of its container? Useless!! The only issue is, do you feel like you need all 3 if you get 1? If so, I would say, trade/sell it. This isn't Amazing Fantasy 15, you won't be paying for your kids college education with it, so you might as well get some use of it now.

However, I wouldn't trade it for the TRU-Mates. You have friends here, right? I'm sure somebody will help to get them to you for cost if you want :)

Edited by karamazov80

I now own 3 of the four colors. I don't care where they came from I just love playing with the little bastards. They are toys touch them, not stare at them longingly.

I agree . I like to have a Minimate to touch & display, plus a spare packaged one to 'keep' ,& another spare packaged one 'just in case', & a back-up plus a reserve, & an emergency plus a loose one to trade, & one to replace that in the event of a trade....as a bare minimum. :D

I guarantee that most openers keep the packaging anyway....right or wrong.

I am an opener too, and I keep all the packaging, including the little con exclusive bags. I just think that they look cooler out of the bag amongst my other mates, free to mingle and make friends :) And I don't intend on ever selling the little suckers either, unless there is some kind of disaster that would require it... oh crap, I need a piece of wood... Damn this artifical cubicle I work in!

BS

Edited by blacksun1520

Jeff, I also say "hold on to it," but as an (apparent minority) opener, I say "open it!" What use is a toy that never gets taken out of its container? Useless!! The only issue is, do you feel like you need all 3 if you get 1? If so, I would say, trade/sell it. This isn't Amazing Fantasy 15, you won't be paying for your kids college education with it, so you might as well get some use of it now.

However, I wouldn't trade it for the TRU-Mates. You have friends here, right? I'm sure somebody will help to get them to you for cost if you want :)

I am sure your right on the tru-mates...there are a great bunch of guys on here that help me out alot(yourself included) I think that was more of a gut reaction of wanting to see those guys up close.......as for mr yellow here, he has been chillin here for a couple months and I feel no more need for the other three then I did before...the 03 blanks have always been a kinda side hunt for me.....always keeping an eye out but never the be all and end all of a hunt

Jeff of the Miniacs

I agree . I like to have a Minimate to touch & display, plus a spare packaged one to 'keep' ,& another spare packaged one 'just in case', & a back-up plus a reserve, & an emergency plus a loose one to trade, & one to replace that in the event of a trade....as a bare minimum. :D

This is my favorite BHM quote yet! :lol:

This is my favorite BHM quote yet! :lol:

The scariest part is from all my wonderful dealings with him, this appears to be true!

Ya gotta open it!!! Hasent ANYONE ever seen Toy story 2??

:iluvff:

Funny you say that. I open just about everything I own, but. . .

post-1827-1228604916_thumb.jpg

They look so great in their package, that I put these guys back in. Poor, poor Woody and Buzz :(

Ya gotta open it!!! Hasent ANYONE ever seen Toy story 2??

:iluvff:

Funny you say that. I open just about everything I own, but. . .

post-1827-1228604916_thumb.jpg

They look so great in their package, that I put these guys back in. Poor, poor Woody and Buzz :(

I'm meant to be the 'nut who has everything' & I haven't got that beauty & I was very much aware that you do have that gorgeous set . What I also knew was that you were 'The Opener' .......Gotcha!!! Can't do it can you :biggrin:

Edit: I just re-read your post......"I put these guys back in"......I had a girlfriend once who was almost a virgin ....the package has been entered :(

Edited by buttheadsmate