UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Movie Stealth Iron Man Face Mask Hole Missing

The Vox

:(

Sorry if this should be attached to the announcement thread.. I wasn't sure on etiquette for this one.

After 4 TRU's I finally found the new Stealth Iron Man (Movie Version). I almost destroyed the packaging because I was drooling so bad over this little beauty. jk. So I crack it open and notice that there was no hole punch through on the right side of the mask (stage right) to put the little pegs from the face plate through. I'm scared to try and punch it through with a toothpick or something thinner.. so I thought I better check here and see if anyone else has experienced this.

Thanks,

Vox

p.s. Great way to come back from the holidays! I check in with the board and then WHAMO!!.. my wife and I are calling and driving to every TRU within 30 miles.. hahaha... man I'm sick. :P

Edited by The Vox

:(

Sorry if this should be attached to the announcement thread.. I wasn't sure on etiquette for this one.

After 4 TRU's I finally found the new Stealth Iron Man (Movie Version). I almost destroyed the packaging because I was drooling so bad over this little beauty. jk. So I crack it open and notice that there was no hole punch through on the right side of the mask (stage right) to put the little pegs from the face plate through. I'm scared to try and punch it through with a toothpick or something thinner.. so I thought I better check here and see if anyone else has experienced this.

Thanks,

Vox

p.s. Great way to come back from the holidays! I check in with the board and then WHAMO!!.. my wife and I are calling and driving to every TRU within 30 miles.. hahaha... man I'm sick. :P

I had a similar problem with one of the holes on his back for the "wing-flaps". I just had to take a ball-point pen and work the hole a bit wider and then twist the peg in place (they still pop-out every now and then).

I guess in your case, if there is even a mark, you could try a needle. If there is nothing there, it may require a bit more. I would suggest (making sure that the peg is straight) marking the end of the peg and pressing it slightly to make a copy of where the peg should go and then carefully making a small one yourself. Good-Luck!

I've got a question, and I have NO idea where to put it, as there are like 20 threads running around and I hesitate to start a new thread just for one question.

Do yall think Pepper would liik better WITHOUT the cheek lines on her face? I can't decide. None of the other females in the Moviemates have them, and I'm really torn. Has anyone scraped theirs' off?

Vox, maybe you should rename your title the Movie Ironman Mod thread. :P

I've got a question, and I have NO idea where to put it, as there are like 20 threads running around and I hesitate to start a new thread just for one question.

Do yall think Pepper would liik better WITHOUT the cheek lines on her face? I can't decide. None of the other females in the Moviemates have them, and I'm really torn. Has anyone scraped theirs' off?

I scraped them off of a spare for a cusrtom, and she looks pretty good, but a bit generic, but I'll let you decide. Here's a pic

post-2133-1228273138_thumb.jpg

Wow...now i'm nervous to buy one...If it's not for a custom, i like to keep my opened mates (AKA every mate i own ;) ) in a better, not "ruined" condition.

And screw scraping off the cheek lines; it's what makes this mate original. the first with cheekbones.

I also needed them for an Oracle i made in 5 mins. Gotta love thin, black, Sharperied-on glasses! :)

I scraped them off of a spare for a cusrtom, and she looks pretty good, but a bit generic, but I'll let you decide. Here's a pic

You know, this wouldn't be an issue if I'd ordered a case like I had been planning on.

Ah, screw it. She looks better without the cheeks IMHO. Off they come! Thanks for making up my mind!

I cannibalized a Modern Cylon to rig up an Iron Monger. It works just fine as lone as you don't take the helmet off, and even then a head swap is far easier than changing out all the parts.

post-51-1228273919_thumb.jpg

I cannibalized a Modern Cylon to rig up an Iron Monger. It works just fine as lone as you don't take the helmet off, and even then a head swap is far easier than changing out all the parts.

I did the exact same thing, i glued the helmet on though, it slid off wayyy to easy.

I did the exact same thing, i glued the helmet on though, it slid off wayyy to easy.

That's cause the Mark I and the Iron Monger are the same helmet mold and they don't have a peg because they have to fit on Obbie's bald head.

That's cause the Mark I and the Iron Monger are the same helmet mold and they don't have a peg because they have to fit on Obbie's bald head.

Erm, no they're not. Mk I and Iron Monger's helmets are different. Look at the posistion of the eyes and mouth.

Erm, no they're not. Mk I and Iron Monger's helmets are different. Look at the posistion of the eyes and mouth.

Huh. oops, my bad. They looked the same at first glance.

Okay, if that's the case, how come the Mark I doesn't have a peg? Or my Mark II for that matter?

Is anyone else afraid that their new knees are going to break? I think I heard my Mark III's snap. Might have been the new paint though.

I don't know why it doesn't have a peg. Maybe it was one peice of plastic too far? My Mk I's helmet falls off regularly so I just keep it off.

OK, I poked a pin hole through the helmet so I can put the face mask on. I found that the hole had not been punched through at all so I had to create the hole with no guidance. The mask will go on now without being on the mini head peice.. but when I place it on the mini it pokes out weird.

I know I can just keep poking and cutting.. but is there any recourse if I just want a new one that has the holes factory made?

Thanks,

Vox

Edited by The Vox

I took your guys advice and did the same thing. It's pretty nice to have both Obi and the Iron Monger, who's sitting in front of me at school right now...

OK, I poked a pin hole through the helmet so I can put the face mask on. I found that the hole had not been punched through at all so I had to create the hole with no guidance. The mask will go on now without being on the mini head peice.. but when I place it on the mini it pokes out weird.

I know I can just keep poking and cutting.. but is there any recourse if I just want a new one that has the holes factory made?

Thanks,

Vox

I had a similar problem with my MkII and MkIII armors. I found that if I just put the helmet on, the face plate would pop off. However, if I held the face plate with my thumb while putting the helmet on, the face plate is stuck almost permanently. I don't know if this would be the case with your 'custom' helmet, but it is worth a try to not have to keep retooling the helmet.

Six

i did the same thing for both iron monger and MKI although i just used a bunch of spare mates lying around. the only hard part was finding the hands for mk1. I ended up using blade's hands because they were sort of like gloves.

I had a similar problem with my MkII and MkIII armors. I found that if I just put the helmet on, the face plate would pop off. However, if I held the face plate with my thumb while putting the helmet on, the face plate is stuck almost permanently. I don't know if this would be the case with your 'custom' helmet, but it is worth a try to not have to keep retooling the helmet.

Six

The pegs on the faceplate are too long and they get pushed out from the minimate head. If the face plate is stuck, that's because the pegs have been bent and are "locked" onto the helmet in the holes by forcing it on the head. Mine are the same way with the Stealth and Mark whatever... I am considering filing or trimming the pegs on the faceplate to make them fit better.