UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Masters of the Universe Classics

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I am excited to see what the POP figures look like although I am not a big bobble head fan so probably won't get them. I also saw some pictures for something called Krazy Kans that were MOTU.

Even though dealing with mattycollector.com with this line has been ridiculous at some points I love these figures!

I only buy one or two figs a year, but I picked up a Teela in that year end sale, and am currently waiting on Sorceress to arrive.

Don't know if they finally improved the website or just most people have moved to subs, but these latest times ordering have been shockingly easy, no wait times at all.

I still have my sub and I am waiting on my figures for this month including Fearless Photog. I have heard bad things about the QC on him. I am hoping I get spared. Fisto was definitely in my top 5 most desired figures. I am stoked for Kobra Khan, Stinkor, Spikor, Frosta, and the Snakemen. The first half of this year will pretty much complete my list of must haves. Once we get Ram Man I don't care who they put out.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm very happy i didn't renew this year, i must say. So far, all i've wanted have been Shadow Weaver, Horde Prime, and Fisto, both of whom's prices will surely drop by the summer in the aftermarket. Wanted Sorceress, but the back-knobs kill me; i may pick up her ToD exclusive when i'm at NYCC, though, since it is a much better colorway for such a character. But this line just can't keep me interested, it seems.

I don't know that SW will drop all that much. She's possibly the most anticipated figure ever.

True, but they all drop at some point. It may not be as substantial as Preternia He-man (who i actually really like, for the record), but it will still be better than what i could pay now. Considering the other option was to get her through subscribing, i'll take a slight hit here instead! ;)

I realized the other day there are only a few characters left that I really want that have not been announced: Ram Man, Jitsu, Rattlor, Two-Bad, and the Horde Trooper. If it wasn't for my wife's love of She-ra and Princess of Power, I would probably become a cherry picker. No matter what though these figures continuously blow me away, regardless of how much I want them. Some characters that I was ho-hum about originally, have become my favorites, like Optik.

I have not let myself become involved in this line for a reason. The horror stories have kept me away, the money prevented it, and the actual style of the figured I don't appreciate (don't really like the look of them) hat said, I could so easily become a She-Ra collector it isn't even funny.

I agree vbpanizzi that even some characters that I wasn't sold on have become my favorites and Optik is totally one of those. I am so glad that we are getting Stinkor and can't wait for May to get him. Ram Man and Mekanek would be the two I really want before I would be ok if the line ended. Collecting this line is expensive but there have only been 2 or 3 times that I got a product and felt that it wasn't worth it (always the oversized figures). When people look at my toy collection they invariably gravitate towards the MOTUC display case and spend the most time looking at those (much to the chagrin of my minimates). These figures are simply incredible.

I'm a she-ra fan, so those figures, especially the Horde are always my favorites. I need Mantenna before the line can end. Everyone else will just be a bonus :)

I hated the NA cartoon, and on;y had one or two of the toys, so I have a hard time looking forward to those releases, but once they arrive, I usually really like them.

My first was Scareglow, and he's definitely in my Top 5; favorites are him, Optikk, Mo-larr, King Hsss, and my favorite is Chief Carnivus. Faceless One and Battleground Evil-lyn are the runners-up haha. They're all such great figures.

I go on He-Man.Org a lot and I think you may be the only person I have seen say they love Mo-larr. I have seen people myself included that like him, but I would not put him in even the top half. I do remember you being excited for Optikk, is this because you like the NA cartoon? Scareglow is my favorite figure from the vintage and the Classics. I actually have a test shot of the Classics, it is amazing.

My first was Scareglow, and he's definitely in my Top 5; favorites are him, Optikk, Mo-larr, King Hsss, and my favorite is Chief Carnivus. Faceless One and Battleground Evil-lyn are the runners-up haha. They're all such great figures.

I go on He-Man.Org a lot and I think you may be the only person I have seen say they love Mo-larr. I have seen people myself included that like him, but I would not put him in even the top half. I do remember you being excited for Optikk, is this because you like the NA cartoon? Scareglow is my favorite figure from the vintage and the Classics. I actually have a test shot of the Classics, it is amazing.

Not at all haha, MOTU is much earlier than my time. Grew up with 200X (and with that, cobbled together a nice "My" He-man with Greyskull and TRU He-man, if i do say so myself). And as i got into Robot Chicken, the Mo-Larr sketch became one of favorites; it was so outrageous and wacky that it feels like something that MOTU would have actually tried. That, and he is insanely handsome. But the same rule applies to Scareglow; that's entire reason i bought him in the first place, and subsequently got sucked into MOTUC.

I tend to love these figures for their aesthetics rather than nostalgia. Optikk is the kind of toy i wish i had when i was child; the design is pretty great. Mo-larr is just fun though; always seem to just come back to his wackiness whenever i pull these guys out for an afternoon.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 200x Evil Lynn, she is my fave. Saw her on the shelf and had to grab her. When they did an exclusive Snake Teela way back when, got her too. I subscribed last year to MOTU Classics and didn't renew for this year. Sorta lost interest in the line. Really was looking forward to She-Ra figures but didn't want to subscribe, and sometimes when the 15th comes around once a month to get your order in, I'm at work. :wacko:

My order went through. I got a Thunder Punch He-Man (my first Classics Adam He-Man, I only make that distinction because I own Vikor and Grayskull but I don’t consider either ‘He-Man', the red parts and the ’shoryuken’ are very appealing so I wanted to get this one.), two Draego-Mans (for my fiancee who’s a Seventh Kingdom fan), and goddamned finally: ORKO!!!!

I’m wondering if I just lucked out since there was no ‘real’ figure this month (since Stinkor or Slush head or whoever got pushed bask to next month) so buyers ‘forgot’ to check in or if demand is really dropping that much for the figures the “lesser day of supply” is still super easy to obtain.

But still, Orko: F**K YES! (I have Shadow Weaver in my BBTS pile of loot so my MotUC collection is complete)

Edited by dr baghead

Sold all my MOTU several months ago, keeping only Trap Jaw and Skeletor. Ordered Draego Man today, and will likely pick up a few here and there that I missed out on or previously sold off. Definitely NOT going to get them all. Too many have issues that ruin the figure like Goddess and Roboto's cracking bodies, King Hsss' stupid revered shoulders, etc...

Most of my money is going to my LEGO collection these days.

My Thunder Punch is on his way for my subscription. Wish that Stinkor hadn't got pushed back since that is the figure I have most wanted since the beginning of this line (can't wait til next month!!!!!) I was suprised to get home from work tonight and check mattycollector.com and still see Orko available I do think the interest in this line has decreased but I am super glad that interest is still high enough for the line to continue because I love these figures!