UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Masters of the Universe Classics

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait for Clawful this week! Any guesses on the announce next week at SDCC about who next years sub exclusive figure will be? Based on the last two years it won't be a must have character which also helps me make the decision to not get the sub. If they really wanted to make the subscription a must have they should make the sub exclusive figure something like the Sorceress or some other must have figure.

My guess is the exclusive figure will be something like Amaz-dar or Fantasticor or something like that :tongue:

In any case I am excited to see all the reveals next week!

Edited by gambitron

based on what few hints they have said I am guessing it will not be a He-man variant but possibly a character that was only a prototype or only ever drawn up but not sculpted. I just want to know what the vehicle we are supposed to be getting is. I am a little annoyed that there is a Vs. pack that is an SDCC exclusive. I am really excited for Man-e-Faces next month. Clawful is cool and definitely one that I loved but Man-e was one of my first as a kid.

I'm passing on Clawful, but Man-E is a must have. Though I'm most excited for Leech. I can't wait for SDCC reveals.

Battle Armor Faker is a fan fave, and they have funding issues at matty, and the two pack is how they found a way to make it. Not sure if Bizarro is fan fave for the dc peeps. Personally, I never much cared for the armored versions, I remember the awesome action feature, but for display purposes I'd rather have my favorite versions out.

Got my Clawful yesterday and love it! The articulation of the figure makes up for the fact that the claw doesn't have the little lever on it. The claw does have spring action so if you pull it open it snaps shut. Only a few more days to find out what we will be getting the rest of the year. The two figures I want the most are Stinkor and the Sorceress.

Stinkor and Sorceress are must have figures.

I want more PoP characters. I always wanted the She-ra figures to fit in better with my he-man figures. I'm most excited for Horde figs, and I hope we get a Mantenna reveal.

I think it's a shame that they haven't given He-man and She-ra more articulated wrists to hold the sword above their heads in iconic poses.

I'm glad you like Clawful. I passed on him. My shelf is only so big so I've been very selective on which figures I buy.

Mantenna would be amazing! I agree that they need to articulate those wrists to allow the iconic pose. I would love an army builder two pack of Horde soldiers like they did with the Palace Guards. Can't wait to see what Swiftwind looks like and what sort of articulation they give him.

I waited to open all my MOTUC figures until I had a good display cabinet for them. I got one a few months back but it is already full so now I will need to be getting another one.

Edited by gambitron

I just bought my first MOTUC figures in the All-Star sale; I saw a friend's Battle Cat a while back and lusted after him (in the most respectful way possible) ever since. And I couldn't just have him sitting there without someone to ride him, so I bought He-Man too. I doubt I'll fully commit to this line (I'm not that big a MOTU fan, and it seems like a gigantic pain in the ass), but you never know. I almost bought Trap Jaw also....

This line is certainly my #2 favorite thing to collect after minimates. These are the best action figures that are bigger than minimates IMO. Speaking of Trapjaw it was the 200X MYP version of this figure that got me back into collecting MOTU things and man do I love my MOTU figures from vintage to 200X to the MOTUC lie.

Oh man I just saw the picture of the Wind Raider!!!!! Can't wait to get that baby! (Although I am frustrated that it isn't included in the subscription cause then I have to pay shipping twice that month) I hope Matty doesn't save all the reveals until the panel tomorrow! There was something on he-man.org yesterday saying that January figure was going to be Sorceress and February Fisto and March Kobra Kahn and then a POP 3 pack. Then this morning they said that they may have been misinformation. . . . . hopefully Sorceress will be coming soon.

Edited by gambitron

Yeah, I read that on the org too, but it sounded too much like someone blowing smelly stuff. I saw a picture at the Matty booth referencing Fearless Photog which would be so much kick ass I don't know what I would do with myself. There is also a rumor about a create-a-character contest coming again, aka the origin of Fearless Photog. I am completely stoked for all things in this line.

The wind raider brought back some memories. I thought I'd be a no vehicle collector for this line, but now I changed my mind. It looks awesome.

They've been screwing with people by changing the sub exclusive info as well as the line up. Dirty play if you ask me.

just found the post list of releases for the next 6ish months the ones that I am excited for are Lodar, Sweet Bee, Rattlor and Disco Skeletor!! The ones I have am not are Gwildor, Blast Attack, and the damnable club exclusive Slime Pit He-Man. I say Damnable because I was excited that this years was not going to be a He variant. The WTF are Artilla and ZOMBIE Randor.

Er, Pani I hope you realize it's macguffin. It's purely there to gather interest, but they have no plans to reveal anything until the panel tomorrow afternoon. On the website they've had Shadowweaver, Sorceress and now Fearless Photog as the subscription exclusive fig. They're playing with collector's emotions. Toying with us.

Yeah after typing I popped over to the org and that was pretty much what they were saying. I am hoping a couple were true, but I have a feeling the slime pit, zombie and blast attack are truly bogus. I actually want a Disco Skeletor though and a Lodar. But yeah I am sure it is all just to mess with us and stir up the buzz. God 2 pm Cali time is forever off.

So here is the lineup for MOTUC (thanks to toyarks live blog!) They now have the rights to Filmation so they can do anything from that series as opposed to just the mini-comics. They are also having a design a figure contest winner announced SDCC 2012 and figure released December 2012.

September Leech and Hurrican Hordak

October Icarius (who is Flipshot but had to be rename because Nerf own that name) and the Wind Raider vehicle

November Snout Spout !!!!!!! Battlground Evil-Lyn and Swiftwind

December Demo-man (a concept version of Skeletor)

Subscription exclusive Shadow Weaver, map of Preternia and 3 mini-comics that will ship with quarterly variant figures

January Sorceress!!!!!!!!!

February Fisto

March Kobra Kahn and Thunder Punch He-Man

They will also be doing 6 all new MOTU figures in 2012 that will not be part of the subscription (one more reason not to get one this year)released every other month.

The first will be the Fearless Photog

Next in Draego Man

Then Granamir (a vote was taken to make him red or green)

Great stuff, especially Sorceress and Snout Spout. Can't wait to see pics!!!!

Edited by gambitron

I sat and watched Pixel Dan's twitter feed for immediate updates. lol

Pretty stoked for 200X Evil Lyn, Sorceress and Shadow Weaver. I may get a sub to insure I get Shadow Weaver. I anticipate ebay prices being absurd for her. And I can always trade or ebay figs I don't want.

Swifty, She-Ra 2.0, Evil-Lyn and snout spout. november is going to be expensive, and the 15th is going to be stressful.

Edited by MsMarvel fan

Pics from the slideshow at Mattypalooza:

[deleted link went here]

click the names of the revealed characters.

OMG they look awesome!!!!!! may have to quit mates. lol.

the link is dead the mods over there moderated and moved stuff, I'll never find it again.

Edited by MsMarvel fan