UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Masters of the Universe Classics

WOW! Vikor sold out in like 5 minutes... Did anyone actually get one? Or did something horrible happen to Matty's system causing it register as "Sold Out" almost instantanously?

I had one in my cart and when I was done paying GONE! Sure I only spent 7 minutes on Mattycollector as opposed to the normal 3 hours, but that's just crazy.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made sure to get a sub this year, so no worries for me!!

I did however just get in and out in under 3 minutes with a Palace Guards set and two Stands sets. The captcha...is ridiculous...but i'm still shocked that both of those are still in-stock AND aren't showing "almost gone" labels. Very interesting.

Goddess...yea, don't want her, don't need her, not surprised she's still there.

I made sure to get a sub this year, so no worries for me!!

I did however just get in and out in under 3 minutes with a Palace Guards set and two Stands sets.

Yeah, I'm not buying a subscription there's far more figures I DON'T want then do want.

Although I got to say, I know it took 5 minutes for Vikor to sell out because my order got from purchase page to the end of check in FIVE MINUTES! Good on Matty for fixing the long delays, shame they couldn't get any figures to sell (no one wants to buy the other stuff without Vikor... I hope this doesn't make them think troop builders are 'unpopular' just because people want to combine shipping)

Got my Vikor and he looks awesome. One downside to the sub was that I forgot until just now that the palace guard set had gone on sale! So I am amazed that it is still in stock as I type this and am able to order it!

*Now a week later 01/27/11 i realize I didn't get a shipping notice for the Palace Gaurds so I called their c/s and they said that I deleted my personal info out of the system. Whatever! All my info was on the screen when I placed my order so once again their crazy system shows how much it sucks. Luckily she just put my info back in and the order is processing now but that was only after being on hold for 30 minutes while they figured it out. Digital River is so incredibly inept it blows my mind!

Edited by gambitron

• 3 weeks later...

So I got my palace guards in the mail and I couldn't take it anymore having all these but none of them open so I tore into these and man I love 'em! These are THE best toys of their size. I can't wait for this month as there is Bow, Shadow Beast, and the Pre-Eternian He-man sub exclusive figure. Great MOTU month!

• 2 weeks later...

So because I have the subscription I got the Shadow Beast with my Bow and Preternia He-Man in the mail this last week. I don't care for the Shadow Beast so since it will be a while before I eBay it I figured I would just say here that if any of you are interested you can have it for 30$ shipped (in other words you would just pay for the figure and I will pay to ship it to you in the U.S.) I love this line and these figures but don't particularly care for this figure.

• 3 weeks later...

Geezus Crow...

Okay, the last time I was off on a Matty sale day was Vikor's no-show sale and then the white screen only came up between pages, today it came up while I was ON pages.

It was IMPOSSIBLE for me to order Evil-Lyn because she was so far down on the page and I couldn't scroll down, enter 1, and hit 'checkout' fast enough before the page reset.... Next month is going to be Hell trying to order Panthor, a couple weapon racks, and Moss Man before the screen resets on me.

and before anyone says anything about "well I have a subscription..." well, I didn't want King Hsss or Battle Armor Skeletor, just Evil-Lyn who is not part of the sub, nor was Keldor last month, nor was a second Vikor in January, nor Moss Man next month... so I'd still have to be on the damned Matty site every month even with a sub.

Geezus Crow...

Okay, the last time I was off on a Matty sale day was Vikor's no-show sale and then the white screen only came up between pages, today it came up while I was ON pages.

It was IMPOSSIBLE for me to order Evil-Lyn because she was so far down on the page and I couldn't scroll down, enter 1, and hit 'checkout' fast enough before the page reset.... Next month is going to be Hell trying to order Panthor, a couple weapon racks, and Moss Man before the screen resets on me.

and before anyone says anything about "well I have a subscription..." well, I didn't want King Hsss or Battle Armor Skeletor, just Evil-Lyn who is not part of the sub, nor was Keldor last month, nor was a second Vikor in January, nor Moss Man next month... so I'd still have to be on the damned Matty site every month even with a sub.

ha, I feel ya. I just want Panthor. Battlecat is probably one of the best "action figures" I have ever seen.

At least right now, you can click here and she's in stock.

I got her this morning before complaining about the WSOD actually.

I figured I could have waited and it's good to know I'll probably have that option should I only want the reissue on a sales day in the future.

So at the beginning of this week I bought the display case that I wanted to get before opening up all my MOTUC figures so go to the link below to my toy blog and check out this awesome case. It was such joy opening up these figures! The smell that came out of Mossmans package was intense!!!

http://jeditolmantoys.blogspot.com/2011/03/behold.html

So I got my Evil-Lyn today... in a GIANT mailer envelope. Is this normal? I've just realized I've never ordered just one normal-sized figure on a sales day from them before and it was odd seeing a giant envelope rather then a normal sized box.

Mine have always come in boxes even when I only get one figure so that seems lame that they sent yours in an envelope!

Odd... here's a picture of the mailer:

giantmotumailer.jpg

Skeley and/or Blade/Morigan for scale. The thing was too large even for the figure in the white box. It was the oddest thing to see on the porch.

However Evil-Lyn was unharmed (so even though it was shipped like a TRU.com figure, it must have skipped the "gets stomped on on its way out the door" step or something) so at least I can do this:

dudeweregettingthebandbacktogether.png

now they just need to reissue Orko so I can get a drummer...

• 1 month later...

So last Month after visiting this thread, I have joined the Fright Zone! (like the dark-side but more Hordey).

I picked up a rerelease Adora, then scoured the interwebs and e-bay and picked up Hordak, Grizzlor, Keldor, Roboto, He-man, Moss-man. My brother-in-law surprised me with a sdcc Orko and Prince Adam. I picked up a TRU Skeletor as I liked his paint app best.

I'm trying to limit myself to characters that I really liked, but I'm afraid much like minimates it will spiral out of control and I'll die buried in a pile of toys that caused a shelf collapse.

So far I am loving these figures. My biggest complaints would be the price, the sloppy paint apps and the loose joints, but knock on wood, I've seen reviewers that have had much worse sloppy apps by far than the few minor annoyances I've come across. (and I'm more annoyed with the loose figures I bought from e-bay being poorly packed--poor Roboto's head has a big paint scratrch now--or missing some pieces--like the swords and acid from keldor)

I can't wait for next month's Catra and September's Leech.

I got my Sy-Klone and Panthor today and am in MOTUC heaven. This line is amazing and now that I have a great display case it nice to open these up right when they come in the mail! I only wish Sy-Klone had his spinning action feature. Panthor and his new helmet piece is AWESOME!

I got my Sy-Klone and Panthor today and am in MOTUC heaven. This line is amazing and now that I have a great display case it nice to open these up right when they come in the mail! I only wish Sy-Klone had his spinning action feature. Panthor and his new helmet piece is AWESOME!

I totally spaced on the release of panthor and missed him :(

• 2 weeks later...

Mattycollector.com just put up pictures of the exclusive for SDCC. Queen Marlena with Cringer as an accessory! The SDCC version will be as Queen Marlena and the version available on the website after the show will be her in her space suit! Very cool!

There is another exclusive that I am very excited to get for my daughter since she loves Pollys and always wants to play with my MOTUC She-Ra. It is a 3 pack of Pollys dressed as She-Ra, Catra and Frosta! What a great exclusive!

• 1 month later...

I totally forgot today was the Matty Sales Day... for some reason I thought it was "Friday the 16th" but at work I realized today was the 15th and thought "uh, I should check when I get home if the sales day is on the 16th or Friday" so I did and found out it was TODAY.

Got my Faceless One (now my Skeletor is complete with his TRU base and sword, Keldor Cape, and Red horned Havok Staff! Scarabus will get the Faceless One's body as a 'stepping out' costume) and a Bikini Teela (still on the fence about her, but figured want-not-waste-not on $10 shipping.) but that was a close one.... I better leave myself a note or some that Stay Puft goes on sale August 1st.

That is good to hear because I don't think I will bother with a subscription for next year. Now that the website had gotten better and product is available for longer than 10 minutes. I will just go on and order the figures I want instead of getting several figures that I don't want. I am hoping that my Faceless One and Teela come in the mail today (my subscription usually gets to me on the sale day or the day after) I have wanted a figure of the Faceless One since I got a MOTU comic with him in it several years ago.