UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Masters of the Universe Classics

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three days later and Draego-Man is still available (though ‘almost gone’) I think this is a dark omen for Sir Lazer Lot and Spector, since if the one new character fans were excited for is a sloooooooow (by MotU standards, and the fact he’s so tooling heavy probably makes the suits up top consider him a colossal failure) seller I can’t imagine the ones they hate are going to be fast movers... so this probably means we won’t see any more ‘new’ characters anytime soon.

Didn't Photog sell out faster than this?? I'm shocked Draego-man is still there. I mean, i have no intention of getting him and think he's a really stupid, cliche idea anyway, but people love him. Weird.

Was going to get He-man and Tri-Klops but Tri was the first to go so i didn't even bother with He-man; figure i can always get them at a Con, and Tri-klops usually goes for like $15 there at this point anyway.

Who's next month??

I have noticed that the more bitching there is the more it is just the loud minority. Take the Star Sisters for example, they were seen as a greater success than the Wind Raider and the Sisters had the loudest opposition since Mo-Lar, where as the Wind Raider was only blasted for selling out.

The next month is Stinkor (Awesome) and Slushhead (has potential). He-man will be constantly available(I think it is one of the ways they are offsetting the cost of the line.)

I have noticed that the more bitching there is the more it is just the loud minority. Take the Star Sisters for example, they were seen as a greater success than the Wind Raider and the Sisters had the loudest opposition since Mo-Lar, where as the Wind Raider was only blasted for selling out.

The next month is Stinkor (Awesome) and Slushhead (has potential). He-man will be constantly available(I think it is one of the ways they are offsetting the cost of the line.)

A far cry from when the line first started and they stated that the figures would never be re-released. Now you can just about get anyone if you wait long enough.

Edited by Hawkeye's Junk

I meant Thunder-punch He-man. :happy:

Stinkor will be a buy, as well as Spector and the Snake Mountain Stands. (forgot about those) Man, lots of Ss next month.

Didn't Photog sell out faster than this?? I'm shocked Draego-man is still there. I mean, i have no intention of getting him and think he's a really stupid, cliche idea anyway, but people love him. Weird.

So looks like he sold out yesterday, which was faster then Photog (Itsalltrue.net list the sell out times, Photog was 5 days and 5 hours, Draego would have been 3 days and some change) and some of last year’s end of the year figures, but still slower then the Star Sisters.

Also, how can you call Draego stupid and cliche? I mean, don’t get me wrong, he totally is, but in MotU isn’t cliche and stupid the norm? I respect you don’t like him (‘dragon man’ with no nostalgia value I can see being a turn off to most people who don’t just want him as a 7th Kingdom figure) but it’s hardly fair to single him out for being ‘cliche'

So looks like he sold out yesterday, which was faster then Photog (Itsalltrue.net list the sell out times, Photog was 5 days and 5 hours, Draego would have been 3 days and some change) and some of last year’s end of the year figures, but still slower then the Star Sisters.

Also, how can you call Draego stupid and cliche? I mean, don’t get me wrong, he totally is, but in MotU isn’t cliche and stupid the norm? I respect you don’t like him (‘dragon man’ with no nostalgia value I can see being a turn off to most people who don’t just want him as a 7th Kingdom figure) but it’s hardly fair to single him out for being ‘cliche'

I suppose you're right, but i look at it as "the 80s" where that's pretty much all they could come up with. The 4 Horsemen are pretty damn great most of the time, and while i guess it could be intentional to make him cliche to fit the line, it's a shame to have their talents wasted on a "dragon man villain."

Just my opinion, certainly.

I didn't buy draegoman from matty, as a main sub holder, I wanted to combined shipping option they've been promising to provide. there's a store close enough to where I live that sells them, and I'd rather pay them the 15 extra dollars and help their small business than pad the cost with a very high shipping charge.

D-man is the only 30th anniversary fig I'm interested in. they'd have to give the others really cool accessories to even tempt me toward purchase.

Curiously, twisted two-face, what sort of figure would you have liked to seen from them?

Ms. Marvel Fan, I feel the same way that Draegoman was the only 30th I am interested in (so far) but didn't want to pay separate shipping for him. If I had a store close to me that would order them and resell I would do the same. I would much rather support someone local then pay a charge that is support their horrible Digital River!

I suppose you're right, but i look at it as "the 80s" where that's pretty much all they could come up with. The 4 Horsemen are pretty damn great most of the time, and while i guess it could be intentional to make him cliche to fit the line, it's a shame to have their talents wasted on a "dragon man villain."

Just my opinion, certainly.

You do make a good point, if the Horsemen made a real Dragon Man for Seventh Kingdom, it’d be a lot more original then Draego. Even their made up Red Lantern “Nite-Lik” is more creative then Draego like they just went whole hog into making the most bizarre alien they could think of.

I got Draego today, I like him, for being a mish-mash of various parts he comes together as a very solid figure, not as great as the 7th K or Scarabus as far as Horsemen originals go, but pretty solid for a MotUC.

Thunderpunch He-man is very striking (no pun intended) I took off his stupid steam punk backpack and put the reissued Greyskull’s cape on him instead (the Red looked weird on Greyskull but perfect on TP He-Man)

and FINALLY M*****F***ING ORKO!!!!! He’s everything I could have ever wanted in an Orko (one of my personal favorites because I had his toy as a kid, he rolled around on the ground!) and now I BBTS just needs to get in Play Arts Kratos so I can ship my pile of Loot so I can reunit him with Shadow Weaver for the first time.

I don't know if anyone saw it recently, but Mattel announced that they're working with other companies to produce MOTU products (my favorite is the MOTU Pop! figures of course). It sounds like if there was ever a time that MOTU Minimates were a possibility it looks like now would be the closest we could get. It's probably unlikely, but there's always a chance I guess when Mattel is trying to promote through other companies.

• 2 months later...

Yeah I paid attention to the reveals here. Excited for Mosquitor, Rattlor, Jitsu, but most of all RAM MAN!!!!! Especially cooll that he is an oversized figure! This is still a great line but I am definitely not subscribing next year as they have released or have announced 99% of what I want so I will pick the figures here or there that are must haves.

• 4 weeks later...

That is good news. I didn't subscribe this year because of past headaches and the fact that there are too many figures that I don't really want, but I want the line to continue so that I can get the few that I do want. All the figures are amazing but I can't justify anymore paying for figures that are aweome but that ultimately I don't care about in my collection.

I really only want He-man and She-ra cartoon and vinatge characters. I don't care for new characters from 200X, New Adventures, 30th Anniversary designs, concept figures or mini comic figures. I'm jonesin to finish off my Horde, Snakemen and Great Rebellion teams. I really really really want to spend stupid amounts of hard earned money on a Horde Trooper Army.

for laughs.. if I was going to start to try to collect this line anyone want to point me to all that I would need to know to keep up on the new releases and help filling out the back catalog I missed? :)

Yeah MsMarvel fan basically linked the best MoTUC resource, well safe for He-Man.org but I prefer Its All True,

I collected the line for the first two years but got priced out and bored of it, I'll pick up Mosquitor and possible the Temple of Darkness Sorceress, I still need to get the Wind Raider and Fearless Photog. After those figures I only care about Rio Blast and Sea Hawk.

I only go to the org when I want my hopes crushed or to mega-rage at the idiocy and negativity of other collector boards out there. The .org people are so negative, trolling and debbie downers, that i avoid them unless I'm checking for immediate news (at which point I ignore any comments).

itsalltrue has an amazing visual guide with links to reviews on released figures. The Fwoosh "first looks" and photo reviews by Matt always have photos that keep me pretty excited. Poe Ghostal has reviews that I find really break down how the figure works, though when last I checked his archive was no longer searchable so i put the character name and poe ghostal review into a google search.