UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Masters of the Universe Classics

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got them both, but mainly for the build a grayskull parts to make a display for my motu customs.

And btw, this is an option

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/cathexis?sort=newest

And if there is enough interest, he's considering doing a bunch more. I just put in an order for all the he man weapon bundle and armor

I got them both, but mainly for the build a grayskull parts to make a display for my motu customs.

And btw, this is an option

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/cathexis?sort=newest

And if there is enough interest, he's considering doing a bunch more. I just put in an order for all the he man weapon bundle and armor

I ordered from him before and was really, really happy. I see he's added a few more things (like He Man's chest armor!), so I'm going to place another one.

• 1 year later...

I'm about to place my first order at MattyCollector.com, does anyone know of any active promo codes?

I've never found any. I dont think they exist.

Drat...thanks!

I would rethink placing an order directly with matty. Digital river their shipping company and the ones who run the site are the worst. I have plenty of things to say about matty collector...

Do you know of anywhere else I can get the Mini MOTU figure packs?

I have seen them cheap on eBay, I'm only missed the man at arms set. I had ordered the think ahead bundle and canceled it when they announced they weren't bothering moving forward with the line. Then they edited my order and charged/sent me the other 2 sets in the bundle anyway. I called my bank and got a refund but I just don't think anyone's cards are safe with them.

The new matty management did show they are going to release some of the 2nd wave that were sculpted on a big set in 2016, but if they aren't going to keep making characters I'm not sure I would want it. At least with wave 1 I would get a minimates scaled grayskull.

no, there is no where else to get them (other then eBay or private sale). Digital River does suck. but for one off orders at non-crazy times. they are fine. but imo, they charge way to much for shipping.

Edited by Ninja Mate

Doesn't Big Bad Toy Store carry all the Matty stuff? You pay a bit more, but it's certainly not as big a headache dealing with them. You might also wait for one of Matty's sale times, as I know the mini sets have been included in the past.

All of that sounds accurate. They do mark it up at BBTS and they only get so many so it makes sense, but I want to say you can preorder some of the figs through them too.

I will say when I got the set of the first 3 mini two packs, I was blown away by how great they looked. And I really want the little snake mountain that hasn't been released yet.

I've heard a lot of horror stories, but beyond wonky website issues when placing orders when popular figures go up, I don't think I ever had a bad experience myself with Matty. But I wasn't signed up for a subscription or anything. Their shipping is a bit high, but not too damn high.

bxq1E99.jpg

Silence you!

Edited by karamazov80

They are based in Canada from what I remember. Just be sure you are keeping what you order because they are useless with cancellations, or customer service For that matter.

Hey don't blame us, they're based out of Minnesota I think.

Personally I've never had a problem with my one-off orders from them (including one easy return), other than the slow website like Karamazov said, although that seems to have improved in recent years. But yeah, lots of stories online from far less satisfied customers.

I was with matty from the beginning. They have lost me as a customer multiple times and each time they have something to draw me back in, I regret it. Theres no way to catch up, no rereleases, blame the fanbase, sub everything, one thing after another with these guys. I got back in because they had finally given me most of the snale men. Then I find one character I need is like $100 on the aftermarket. Then after scare tactics I give up on them again. Then I get drawn in by the motu minis with the build a grayskull. Then they cancel wave 2 with the minimate scale snake mountain and blame it on the fans. Then they give me shit for canceling and make up a new sku to charge me with. some people bitch about minimates costing 10 dollars. These less articulated minifigs are $20 plus whatever outrageous, worse than tru.com packing they can come up with. I got a package of a small 6 inch box floating inside a big 16 inch box just banging around.

Minis are supposedly coming back next year and they showed a big bundle with snake mountain, 3 horde troopers and a resized regular skeletor. So most of the shown wave 2 protos along with 2 extra horde troops and the skeletor. No word on the unfinished hordak or if they are going to make more thatn just the unreleased minis. What good are horde troops with not one member of the horde present? I want to buy it for the mountain alone for my minimates but damn they just make me not want to with their illogical decisions.

Whats worse? Brand new thundercats line coming. They look amazing and its a new starting point just like the minis. But if I start Ill end up paying close to 30 per character with shipping, and whatever other mania they come up with for their subscriptions. They are releasing a $300 snake mountain for motuc next year, imagine a 6 inch scale thundercats lair. How would afford minimates? My daughter better love my toys otherwise she might not have anything to play with. Maybe she can get a zune cheap off craigslist.

I for one understand your frustrations. I got into MOTUC about 2 years after launch. I searched and searched and I currently have every figure produced. some I did have to buy on the aftermarket. and yes I have paid up to $100 for a single figure. I havnt had any real bad issues with Digital River, but I have heard more horror stories then I should have about a distributor associated with a major toy manufacturer. that one is on Mattel. its their fault for using them as a service.

As far as Mattycollector goes....having gone though a long period with Scott Neitlich and now with Brandon Sopinksy (?) I will say it does seem like under the Scott reign that selling/marketing tactics now appear to be not very good. Now they say that their keyword is "transparency". they so far have seem to do a decent job of being upfront with us customers. I have a feeling that some things with subs and what not will be the same, but I also think that a lot will change to be made right the way it should be.

MOTUC is on the more expensive side of collectables, especially compared to minimates. partially because you cant buy them in stores and no matter what you have shipping included, no way around that. the only major problem I'm finding now...is I dont have enough space to put all the items from the MOTUC line smile.png

and aside from the classics...now, in conjunction with Super7, you really have to pick and choose what you want to collect from the MOTU world. I also have all the MOTU giants. and at roughly $100 a pop, thats a killer.

and now Thundercats (my all time favorite line). I'm going to need to sell a kidney. maybe both of them and in conjunction with everything else I collect and want to collect. IT really makes me as a collector have to make every purchase a meaningful one. no more impulse buys or buy just because its a cool toy....I need to win the lottery. then again, I often think, with everything I collect and all these new properties marked as "Adult collector lines" do I really need all this stuff just to sit on a shelf...?...makes me want to not collect toys anymore. :(

Edited by Ninja Mate