UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Masters of the Universe Classics

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, mattel just announced that Clamp Champ will NOT be available for day-of sales, which pisses me off royally. That in mind, does anybody here have the subscription and not want their Clamp Champ? He was one of two figures I wanted from this line this year. I'd be willing to pay cost + shipping, or organize a trade of some sort.

I think Mattel should do a TRU exclusive 'best of MOTUC' line of SINGLE figures including rereleases of the main heroes and villians since they arent reissuing figures anymore.

He-Man

Skeletor

Man-At-Arms

She-Ra

Beast Man

Teela

I think they could do it, and rereleasing older figures at mass market would generate more interest in the line (therefore extending it) because I'm pretty sure absolutely noone wants to start their collections off with f***ing Clamp Champ.

• 3 weeks later...

So Big Lots stores across the country are getting a variety of MOTUC figures right now. The exact figures vary, but it seems most if not all are getting the Mo-Larr and Skeletor pack and Orko (with Prince Adam). Everything is $10. The stores around me in Western Washington are largely cleared out (except Mo-Larr in Tacoma and Kent and Megator in Tacoma). There are also Ghostbusters 12" 2-packs of Egon and Ray that don't seem to be in as much demand for $30.

I had no luck finding an Orko anywhere, so if anybody goes hunting for these, if you find an extra Orko could you shoot me a message and we can work out a deal? With all the stores getting cleared out, I'm sure there will be a lot of Orkos on eBay, but I don't really want to reward the folks that couldn't be nice and leave some for the next collector.

And regardless of whether anybody can help me or not, happy hunting, everyone!

Hmm, interesting news. Mattel has also sold off some of their old Matty Collector stock in the past to a chain called Ollie's Bargain Outlets, so I'll take a look there as well and see what I can find. I've not gotten into this line, but if I can find a couple key characters for ten bucks, I'll bite.

Edited by hellpop

I will have to check the big lots near me and see if those motu figures have made it out here.

Also super excited for Two-bad and Modulok next year but insanely underwhelmed by everything else shown at SDCC

Edited by gambitron

Well, I checked out the two Big Lots I know of in my area, and one had nothing, and the other only had two characters I wasn't familiar with (Count Marzo and the Faceless One, I think? Does that sound right?). I'm really only interested in the big names, which probably aren't the ones that will be showing up at Big Lots, so I'm probably passing.

while you may not be familiar with them, they are good for trading fodder. I would pick up that Faceless one to use for trading, if I were you. These are the main figures people are finding

Adora

Catra

Mossman

Skeletor/Mol-arr

Orko/Prince Adam

Megator

Snout Spout

King Grayskull

Sy-Klone

Count Marzo

Clawful

Vykron

Chief Carnivious

Icarius

Faceless One

and if you find a mossman or Vykron, let me know!

@dr baghead

I was able to find the Mol-arr, so thanks for the offer!

Edited by Ninja Mate

So far nothing in my area. Debating on if I'm going to try a few more stores today or not? Wife's down with strep throat and mine is starting to feel scratchy. So if I find these, great. If not, oh well. Can't miss what I never had I guess?

Adora is the figure that started me collecting the line. I was going to cherry pick the characters I liked, but then shadow weaver happened, and suddenly I was a subscriber and completionist. Lol

Would be grateful to anyone who could pick up a vykron for me. So far no luck in the stores near me. The manager did share with me that one guy went to all th local stores and bought up everything. Made me really glad I don't collect anything of chase demand. My time with marvel legends was always lucky, but I always hated the scalpers that would nab, or destroy packages of, any figures of perceived value.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Holy F**KING SH*T, what the Hell Mattel.

I ordered the Battle Armor He-Man/Mer-Man mini-figure set... they said they’d be “slightly” smaller than the SDCC He-Man and Skeletor... which I was fine with, I assumed like 10% smaller or something.

They are A THIRD the size of the original mini-masters, half the height of a Goddamned minimate (though if you want the weapons for minimate customs they DO fit into a minimate’s hands with no alteration.)

For $30 bucks shipped it’s the biggest rip-off imaginable, I’m flabbergasted Mattel’s girl side constantly produces amazing work with Monster High but their boy side is consistantly producing over priced garbage no one wants...

Wow, I had been considering picking up a few of the mini masters, but if they're that small for that price, I'm glad I decided to pass.

wait until they clearance out the remaining stock (which will happen, it’s been 5 days and the set is still ‘buy now’ so they’re not going anywhere)... that’s what I plan to do.

I *do* actually like the figures, and they’re worth owning, but not for no $30, it’s a $15 pack tops

Edit:

Pic for scale:

post-1897-0-43968600-1393141660_thumb.jp

Edited by dr baghead

i'd mostly be pissed about the huge differenc e in scale between figures in the same line. I love MOTU, but just wont touch them because it's through Mattel.

The sooner someone allows minimates of them to be made, the better.