UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Masters of the Universe Classics

I imagine next year will be a cheaper, a lot of people have been dumping their subs on eBay for the figures they don't want, I've picked up a couple figures from eBay for cheaper then MattyCollector, and this is like days after they went on sale.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't buy into MOTUC like i didn't last year, but i did buy DC and Watchmen. There are a few from MOTUC next year i would like, Randor, King He-man, Jitsu, and Procrustus, but not enough to justify a sub. Haven't bought a single figure from this past year's sub either, though Castle Greyskull, ToD Sorceress, and the Pak are going to break that.

I kind of get the feeling that this might be the end of the subs and them testing the waters on either preorders or straight, come one, come all sales at the sites after this year. Definitely loved the sub's offering, but had to pick DCU due to financial constraints. I might pick these up at a lcbs if they signed up again this year. Which reminds me, I need to see if they did.

• 4 months later...

Got my final subscription box in the mail today since I didn't subscribe fore next year. I imediately took my stash of figures that I have been hoarding from the sub that I didn't want and listed them as a lot on ebay. There are definitely figures I want from next year but I can't stand spending my money on figures I don't want when I could buy other things instead. So I am going to try my luck trying to buy the figures day of on mattycollector.

This line is still amazing I just can't justify in my mind spending so much every month when it isn't figures that I absolutely want.

I just started collecting these. Got a nice start from the matty cyber monday sale.

If anyone has some they want to trade for minimates and other stuff let me know!!

So far I have:

He-Man

Skeletor

Grizzlor

Dreago Man

Evil-Lyn

Queen Marlena

Panthor

Battle Cat

Wind Raider

Great Unrest Weapons Pak

King Grayskull

TOD Sorceress

and preordered the Castle Grayskull

• 1 month later...

There were pictures of Mattel's NYTF reveals for upcoming classics figures and I am so excited that they are making Mantenna! They also have pics of the Grayskull prototype and man do I wish I had the money to get that. Check out the pics here. Makes me super excited for all the other stuff we get to see in the next week from NYTF!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, i bought the Filmation sub. I've got no real affinity for most of the characters, but they're just too fun looking. Was wavering, but Sea Hawk set me over. Gonna be three expensive months coming this summer between DC, Watchmen, and now this...

Gotta be sure to get Snake Face too.

I was thinking about it. But I just picked up an Eternia Sub from an org member. so basically i dont want to pay for another sub and also pre-ordered the Castle Grayskull....and with SDCC. man, I'm drained.

Sidenote: I have a MIB Grizzlor for trade if anyone is interested.

Edited by Ninja Mate

• 2 months later...

Oh for God's sake. Mattel just keeps making new reasons for everyone to hate them.

2uqeo9y.jpg

You see this guy? This red Hordak? This is Spirit of Hordak. A SECRET figure. A figure that is unable to be found by the general public just any time. There is no link to buy him, or time, or announcement, he just pops up on the site for a few minutes, and goes "back into hiding;" Mattel then mocks you by making the page say "Hordak has retreated back into hiding."

So we have an unannounced figure not part of the sub, that you cannot just buy, you have to wait until someone finds him and gives you a link, before he either sells out or "vanishes" again. What. The. HELL. Mattel.

I love that the description says he includes his "Fan-demanded white Filmation crossbow!" Yes, because fan-demanded and impossible-to-buy figure maks total sense. Christ.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face