UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Masters of the Universe Classics

Completely love everything revealed in this. Most excited for the Alcala based Skeletor head, Kobra Kahn, Fisto, Fearless Photog and Shadow Weaver. I think I might enter the create-a contest maybe a couple of times. It would just be too awesome to have my own figure. They are definitely starting next year off awesome even without the 30th figures being in the sub.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, Sorceress design is just perfect:

post-1800-0-95207500-1311449610_thumb.jp

She really needs an open, spell-casting hand. My only dislike of the figure. She's got an amazing sculpt going on. Even if she doesn't end up with a spell hand, she's still a very welcome addition.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got my Captain Glenn (Queen Marlena) figure on the post SDCC mattycollector.com sale but the She-Ra Polly Pokcet set that my wife wanted got sold out! That was after waiting for 10 minutes on the refresh page. It is always craziness on that site on sale days!

I got to add the Polly into my cart but by the time it stopped f*cking me, it had sold out. Bloody ridiculous, the item I figured there would be the least interest in is the only one that sells out. I know that eBay is going to be flooded with over priced ones in the next week. I really wish Matty would make is so the subscription is all inclusive, not all inclusive minus what we don't want to put into it.

I would defnitely be more willing to get a subscription again this year if they gave you options like

1. Only the main monthly figures

2. The main monthly figures with quarterly bonuses

3. The main monthly figures with quarterly beast figures

etc. etc.

If I could pick which figures I wanted for sure and if they would include the SDCC exclusives that they sell on the website after the show in the sub as well I would be all over subscribing from now until forever. But alas Mattel keeps saying that logistically those sort of options aren't feasible. So rather than dealing with several figures I simply don't want and a handful of ones that I only keep because I had to get them with my sub I am just going to pick and choose the ones I want on sale day and only pay one shipping charge a month. Despite the crazy wait times on the website they have improved their production runs of the figures so that figures don't sell out in the first 10 minutes on the site anymore. For the last 5 months or so figures have still been available well into the afternoon before selling out (some figures have been available for several days after sale day). My only thing will be having to get Shadow Weaver elsewhere somehow. I don't really care about the map of Preternia as I have the Eternia and Etheria maps already and they are cool but not awesome.

Shadow Weaver alone made me want the subscription even if she had just been a monthly figure. I expect her to be one of the most sought after figures from this line. I am still not sure how I feel about $80 for Granamyr, but I know my wife will want him, so I will still get him.

I'm really excited about the upcoming MOTU year. Lots of good stuff coming. I was able to order Marlena without issue. I had the WSOD for the first 10 minutes, left the site, and came back and ordered it at around 12:40. Glad there were no 3 minute sellouts.

I had no interest in the Polly Pocket stuff, but it sucks for those of you who wanted them and missed out.

Over at he-man.org Matty said that they will be decreasing their production run of figures for the non sub figures that are available. . . . . now I am thinking I might want to get a sub . . . . . .must decide before tomorrow!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

So Matty announced again today that sales of subs this year is their lowest so far which means their productions numbers will be even smaller. But I got my Man-E-Faces in the mail today (along with Megator who I promptly listed on eBay) and he is one of the best MOTUC figures so far and definitely has the best secret accessory so far! He has an extra head with three extra faces on it! If you want to know what the faces are you can click here. At least the subs sold past their minimum to continue the line cause I love these figures!

They also announced they will most likely be doing an add on sub for the 6 30th anniversary figures but I don't really care about Photogg so far and don't know if I will want any of the others (Draego Man looks kind of cool but I dunno about him yet)

I was more excited for Photog than for Dreago. I personally have created 3 characters I am entering into the character contest. God that would be awesome. I am a little worried about the subs declining. I hope that means more day of buyers. I can't wait to get my Man-E as he was one of my favorites as a kid.

• 1 month later...

I was kind of disappointed with this month's MOTUC figures. Hurrican Hordak is OK but to me unecessary. Leech was OK but I am not a fan of his head and the fact that his hands and feet don't actually suction to anything. His net accessory is OK but I loved my Leech figure as a kid and so this figure just wasn't very exciting for me. Next month I am also not terribly excited for Icarius but I am super excited for the Wind Raider (although going online to get it will be a pain since it isn't part of the sub).

Oh my MOTUC goodness. I have never been more excited since MOTUC started as Power-con just announced that the April figure for next year will be STINKOR (he was my favorite as a child). He will stink!!!!!!!! They announced another beast for april and Slushhead from NA for May and an alternate version of the Sorceress but all the details about the other don't even matter to me in my excitement at this moment!!!! :woot:

• 1 month later...

I am excited to get home today as my package with Snout Spout and Swiftwind came in the mail. I watched the Pixel Dan review of Swiftwind and it looks like it will be really cool and I know my daughter is going to love it! Hopefully my new She-Ra will show up quick so that I will have a proper rider for Swiftwind.

I though battleground Evil-Lyn was supposed to be this month but oh well next month is going to be amazing with the Wind Raider, I can't wait for that one. This line continues to be the best larger than minimates toy out there!

• 1 month later...

It was slightly frustrating last month that they delayed the shipment of Demo-man for the monthly figure along with Battleground Evil Lyn but Mattel released a revised release schedule for the first half of 2012 and so the Sorceress won't be until February now and Stinkor got pushed back to May. Of course I am just fine waiting as long as I get the figure but I hate looking forward to something only to have it pushed back. The Sorceress was supposed to start shipping to sub holders this week and now gets pushed back to February so close to when she was supposed to come out is frustrating. Hopefully what they have to reveal at NYTF reignites my excitement to overcome my frustration.

• 1 month later...

Anyone out there still collecting this line? I am the only one posting in this thread! This line continues to rock, this month I got my sub exclusive Shadow Weaver and although she is the least articulated figure in the line to date she still look awesome. But Shadow Weaver is nothing compared to the awesomeness that is the Sorceress! I love that figure! Fisto also came in this box so definitely a great MOTUC month! Next big event for me in this line is in May with Stinkor!

Anybody else still getting these?

I'm not, but Funko seems to have rights to MOTU now. They'll be making bobble heads of them and I'm pretty sure they'll be making Pop! figures fromt hem also. Same with ThunderCats.

Probably not what you're looking for, but that's about the only thing about MOTU that excites me right now.