UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Masters of the Universe Classics

I got lost in the queue. It kept telling me not to refresh my page, and I finally gave up after 1.5 hours. I kid you not. I ended up buying Keldor for $45 shipped from an ebay seller. I hate to do that, but it's almost worth the markup not to have to deal with that awful site.

I'm so thankful I bought a sub, and I'm definitely going to buy one for next year as well.

They say don't but i've read that apparently that is a load of BS and gets you through quicker; i tried it today knowing the ris (i had to two tabs open for it, of course, just in case) and it got me there in no time after a few hundred clicks. ;)

I'm definitely, sadly, getting a subscription for next year. I've started wanting too many of these to stay a "casual fan" any longer, and am gonna need a sub. Of course, this means i'm in it for Beasts and Giants too...which i don't want...at all...(okay, maybe Gygor. But that's it. :P) Having Bonus figures in it now is certainly a plus, but i really don't want one. Oh well...Matty wins again... :confused:

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My sub She-Ra actually showed up in the mail today so I really like that they have been processing the subs 2 days early and shipping them out. My wife (I love her to death) went on and got me a Keldor and it took 10 minutes of the refresh page but she got one no problem. I have officially decided that I am going to get a sub for next year so I don't have to go on the site at all and then whatever I don't want I will just sell on ebay.

I just wish they would do a separate day for everything non-MOTU or at least do a different time of day. I don't think any of the non-MOTU stuff is going to sell out that quickly, but you just never know so I waste my time whenever there's a new Ghostbuster figure. I didn't expect the JLU Lobo to sell out in less than 24 hours either and it did.

:rolleyes: Because it will save everyone on shipping GH, sheesh!! Now that :rolleyes: was for Matty, not you GH ;) Yesterday was my first time ordering from the store and I can't tell if there are just that many MOTU fans or the production run is just that low, but it's clear that the site can't handle the traffic. It's something I've read about since they went online and it has always made me apprehensive to order. Now I'll admit, I didn't try for the MOTU stuff, but just trying to get Lobo and Wave 5 was a chore. Hell, I thought I had missed out on getting both until a buddy told me to check my e-mail :mellow: I definitely feel it would alleviate some of the issues if they did sales on seperate days, but I'm sure that isn't going to happen anytime soon :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

I got Keldor a few days ago and love it. I will eventually be opening all of my MOTUC when I have a proper place to display them, but I so wanted to open Keldor when he showed up!

I like the look of Chief Carnivus which was announced as the September sub figure (you can see pics at the mattcollector.com news section). I'm glad they will be putting up the SDCC exclusives on the website too (august 2nd I think is when they said it would be) so atleast I have a chance of getting them at normal price before I resort to ebay. I love how Prince Adam is the accessory with Orko!

You know, I really wanted to sell my MOTU stuff and use the money toward more 1/6 figures, but they are just too cool. Can't part with them. I missed out on Keldor from matty, but I bought one from an ebay seller, and just purchased a second one from someone at he-man.org. Going to pop a Skeletor head on there and make a Filmationish Skeletor.

Just so many amazing figures in this line. Trap Jaw has got to be my favorite so far, but certainly none of these figures are duds.

Funny, I've been considering selling my He-Man, Battlecat, and Skeletor, but also haven't been able to do it yet. Same with my DCUC figures. I know that I need to make trade-offs in my collection (in the direction of having more Hot Toys figures), but I just can't do it!

• 4 weeks later...

So the upcoming figures as I understand it are

August -Whiplash

September-Chief Carnivus

October- Roboto (very excited for this one)

November-Grizzlor

December- Buzz-Off (one of my all time favorites!)

Jan- Bow (from She-Ra)

Feb-Vikor (the He-man of the north)

March-King Hsss

They also announced a Dark Shadow Beast and a Palace Guards 2 pack (which comes with four different heads)

The Subscription figure for next year is a Pre-eternia He-man or something like that who comes with the cosmic key from the live action movie (not overly excited about that as I think if they really want to sell subs they need to have a figure that every collector across the board is going to want and so will feel more compelled to sign up). and then you get a map of Etheria this time around.

They also showed a redeco of King Grayskull that will be a re-release and then a Battle Armor Skeletor as well.

The vote for swift wind was that it will be made in White.

Overall I am most excited for Buzz-Off and Roboto and I was hoping they would have some more cool stuff to show but this line still looks to be awesome!

After nearly a month of changing my mind back and forth, I finally listed my MOTU figures on ebay. Ending tonight. I should have posted sooner, so that any mmmv people who wanted in on them could have had a shot. Sorry about that.

I'm a little sad about it, but there are so many 1/6 figures coming out that I just have to have, that compromises have to be made. OH well. :/

I'm a little sad about it, but there are so many 1/6 figures coming out that I just have to have, that compromises have to be made. OH well. :/

My DC Classics and Marvel Legends collections will probably end up on eBay if I ever get the time to list them. Alongside a big chunk of Minimates and Kubricks. Damn you, Hot Toys and Sideshow.

Whew! Even though their website was apparently designed by Dante, I think I got my order through for Orko/goofy purple Adam B). They will be my second MOTUC purchase after Battle Cat (of course), both driven purely by toy nostalgia since I can barely remember the show. Trying to make my mind up whether to get the crazy bee guy they have coming out, I definitely had him in my strange little He-Man collection as a kid.

I got my Orko on the website yesterday too and can't wait for him to show up. I also got my Mo-Larr vs Skeletor in the mail from eBay the other day (I should have bought him on Mattycollector but I only paid a 10$ more than I would have). I love this set! Especially the cross sell pics on the back! I didn't have time to edit my pictures to be small enough to upload here so click here to check it out!

• 3 months later...

There have been some cool figures the last couple of months, I especially love Roboto! I can't wait for Buzz-Off in December. I am currently debating if I am going to get the new King Grayskull this month since I already have the SDCC one from a few years back. I like the look of this new Grayskull I just dont' want to have pay an additional shipping charge when I am already paying one for Grizzlor.

• 1 month later...

My Buzz-off came in the mail yesterday and he is incredible! Man I love this line and was excited to see in Toy Fare this month that Sy-klone is the figure for April next year. I am in dire needs of a good place to display these guys since that is what I am requiring before I open them up. This decision is more and more difficult each month as I get these awesome figures I want to rip them open but so far have been able to hold back.