UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Masters of the Universe Classics

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can bet this is going to be on Mattycollector's site for SDCC cost (plus shipping). They may take away an accessory or two, but I figure they will go that route with the DCUC exclusive, like last year.

Some seriously kick arse figures coming out. Gygor, Tytus, Whiplash, Baron Marzo, She-Ra, Keldor, Mo-larr/missing tooth Skeletor, and an accessory pack. I am broke just thinking about these. I am scared to find out the price tag on Tytus.

She-Ra, Optikk, Mo-larr (that is so, sooo fantastic. I support Mo-larr. :)), the DC 2-packs, and a re-release Adora are it for me. Huh...i think i'm forgetting someone...

Well. he apparently is sold out right now. I gots me a Cringe-Or, so I'm good. Enjoyed the Trap Jaw figure as a kid, but I have decided not to invest the $500+ it would take to really get into this line. He-Man, Skeletor, and Cringe-Or are all I need. . .maybe giant purple puma if released.

I could have gotten him. I used a random link to the site through google that actually got me on there. I had him all ready, and registered, but saw that paypal wasn't a payment option, which where my $30 to get it was.

I guess I'm not too upset, as I don't think I could not regret spending $30 for a figure that should cost half that.

Got my Battle Cat. (I don't have a He-Man though, Xetheus from the Seventh Kingdom gets to ride him)

Now to wait for Mo-Lar and to decide if I want Yellow Evil-Lyn or hold out for the eventual 'Bonus Figure' flesh color repaint because I'm a tool who even though he watched the crap out of MotU as a child only has interest in what characters are featured on Robot Chicken (I almost bought Faker until I realized since he's not made of bendy rubber and the figures are so bulky he probably couldn't actually be posed in a crazy dance like in the sketch.)

Well. he apparently is sold out right now. I gots me a Cringe-Or, so I'm good. Enjoyed the Trap Jaw figure as a kid, but I have decided not to invest the $500+ it would take to really get into this line. He-Man, Skeletor, and Cringe-Or are all I need. . .maybe giant purple puma if released.

I am kinda in the same mindset as you are with this line. I am only getting the ones I really like, and with Trap-Jaw and Battle Cat, that about wraps things up for me. I may get the Keldor when it is released just because it is pretty cool to me to see who Skeletor was before, and I'm on the fence with Mossman.

I say kinda because after thinking about it, I have gotten a few more than I initially planned on, lol

right now I'll have :

King Greyskull

He-man

Battle-Armor He-man (just because it was my most bestest favorite one when i was liddle)

Skeletor

Beastman

Zodac

Man-At-Arms (my favorite MOTU figure)

ones I think I am gonna sell:

Stratos (actually won him in a design contest)love guys who fly, but meh

Tri-Klops (loved him when i was little, but just not too into this figure for some reason)

Mer-man

Faker

He-Ro (thought he looked cool, but want to stick with characters I have a memory of, with the exception of Greyskull, who kicks ass)

I bought Beast Man, thinking for a few minutes that I actually did want to get into this line. But I sold him (for a major loss) on eBay after a couple of weeks. I should have added that I will get Man-E-Faces and "Power Punch He-Man" if/when released, just because they were my favorites as a kid, but yeah, I am starting to now make decisions on which lines to collect vs. which not to collect, and after Hot Toys/Sideshow figures and Minimates, there isn't a lot of money or space left over for other stuff, no matter how cool.

I bought Beast Man, thinking for a few minutes that I actually did want to get into this line. But I sold him (for a major loss) on eBay after a couple of weeks. I should have added that I will get Man-E-Faces and "Power Punch He-Man" if/when released, just because they were my favorites as a kid, but yeah, I am starting to now make decisions on which lines to collect vs. which not to collect, and after Hot Toys/Sideshow figures and Minimates, there isn't a lot of money or space left over for other stuff, no matter how cool.

funny thing for me... I am sure man e faces is coming, but for some reason I always paired him up with mekanek, so I'd have to get them both...which I am trying to stay away from...out of curiosity, which of the 3 faces was your goto face? I always kept it on the human form for some reason...

I'd like to see how they tackle ram-man too.

I liked the human face most as a kid (dug the mask, and thought that was his "dominant" personality I guess), but really liked all of them. Robot, human, and monster in one body! Greatest MOTU idea, by far.

post-1827-1266423915_thumb.png

Edited by karamazov80

I always dud the robot face since I thought it went best with his body. I got my Trap Jaw and Battlebat yesterday and can't wait for them to show up (Trap Jaw is my all time favorite). The only figure I haven't got in this line is Battle Armor He-man, but I think my near completion with this line will end in the future as I don't want to be spenging 40-60$ fot the big figures like Tytus and Gygor (which is ok since I have no special connection to these characters).

*edit*

I got my Battle Cat and Trap Jaw in the mail on monday 2-22 and man are they amazing. I can't wait to get a display case that will give me the excuse to open all these up and display them!

Edited by gambitron

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Gambitron wants Skeletor, K80 wants the Luthor... seems to me a mutally beneficial deal could be worked out.

Just sayin...

Funny I was just going to mention that if any one wanted the DC Figure and found them I would pay the majority for either Masters figure. I have not personally found them but from what I gather they were supposed to be on an endcap but most people are finding them with the other DCUC figures.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw these at my TRU first thing last Thursday morning but still hadn't decided yet (and obvioiusly didn't read K80's post well enough to know he would take the Luthor) and was too excited with finding wave 6 TRU minimates that I figured these two packs could wait but by the time I went back over on my lunch break all four of these 2 packs were gone! If they show up again I will snag one to get the Skeletor and if you still want the Luthor, K80, then we can work sometihng out, if not then return it I will, cause 30$ is way too much!

Thanks for keeping me in mind, Gambit, but don't worry too much about it. DCUC aren't a priority of mine right now, and I figure with the number of versions of him out there, I can get one from eBay pretty cheap at some point.

I saw these at my TRU first thing last Thursday morning but still hadn't decided yet (and obvioiusly didn't read K80's post well enough to know he would take the Luthor) and was too excited with finding wave 6 TRU minimates that I figured these two packs could wait but by the time I went back over on my lunch break all four of these 2 packs were gone! If they show up again I will snag one to get the Skeletor and if you still want the Luthor, K80, then we can work sometihng out, if not then return it I will, cause 30$ is way too much!

Forget K80 and his Lex Luthor. Did you get me a Reed or Storm pack of TRU-exclusive Minimates? :lol: