UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Masters of the Universe Classics

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adora is the ONLY figure i have wanted from that line - i have resisted so far, but may end up paying tripple for it on ebay :(

Not to add to your misery, but she'll be worht every penney...except for the granny-panty look to her groin, bit it's a minor niggle. She looks great in all other ways, and her accessories rock. I hope they make regular, Un-He-maned Adam to go with her. Him i might get too. :confused:

I have purchased the Webstor and Teela for myself and my wife respectively and I purchased Scareglow and He-man today. I also have the subscription for next year. So far the announced figures are Adora, Trapjaw, Mossman, and the just announced Evil Lynn. I can honestly say that the pictures of the figures do no justice to the actual items. They are beautiful.

• 2 weeks later...

After a week and a half of problems with my subscription to get Scareglow for the November figure he finally shipped out to me. But that didn't come until I had made e-mail requests and 5 phones calls to Digital River (the C/S for the website) talking to people who couldn't explain the problem and would say I would be contacted in a certain amount of time and each time I would wait till that time limite lapsed and call again only to be told to give them more time. Finally I get a call from a woman who explained the problem and got an order placed for me for the figure. I ordered the subscription because the figures were selling out so fast and I didn't want to miss out on any of them but now I am somewhat regretting ordering it because it has caused just as many problems.

Ultimately the lady told me that when they tried to run my card it came back for some reason (which there is no reason for it to have done that) but so she said if that ever happens they close the account and cancel the subscription because this indicates fraud. They also don't notify the customer because when the account closes they block any e-mails being sent to that e-mail. What a complete joke this company is. I can't beleive how ridiculous the whole process was to solve a problem that I didn't cause. (I know there wasn't a problem with funds in my bank account and even if there was the card has an overdraft and I have used the card for the last two months subscriptions without a problem).

Once again all I can say if I didn't absolutely love these figures I would think really hard about buying anything Mattel ever again because they make me so mad!

• 1 month later...

FYI, Armor He-Man, Adora, and re-issued Beastman are currently up on Matty Collector's site.

And next month? Battlecat! And Trap Jaw! After getting Skeletor a few weeks ago, I'm slowly getting suckered into this damn line :(

Edited by karamazov80

But dude, they're doing Battlecat next month. We have a really swell board member by that name. If I didn't support that figure, I wouldn't be supporting him, and that wouldn't be cool.

Edited by karamazov80

It's hard to buy an Adora when she sold out in less than 30 minutes. I checked in at 12:27 and she was gone.

:( I JUST got home from school, and went right upstairs onto Mattycollector to order her and Movie Masters Harvey. I was SOOOO disappointed she was sold out.

Of the three figures i have EVER wanted from MOTUC, i have ONE. First Randor sells out, and now Adora. :( I'm really depressed about this. :confused: She better be rereleased.

I guss my list of three just becae 4, though. I saw, and now really want, the nwly rvealed Optik. :)

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

GH you must have logged on just as they sold out. The 27 minute mark is when reports came in that she had sold out. Being that my wife and I are collecting the whole set I was there when they went on sale and it still took 10 minutes to get a connection that didn't crash. TTF I am positive Adora will be reissued. FYI Man at Arms is also being reissued next month. Why do you say resist? Give in these are some of the finest figures to ever be produced and everyone should get them ALL.

These are most certainly the best figures (other than minimates) out there. They are amazing. Adora would have been popular no matter what but the fact that it is the first time they have done an Adora figure makes her even more sought after. I am collecting all of these as well and hope that this years subscription, Club Eternia, doesn't have the same problems that I suffered with last year's! I am incredibly excited for Trap-Jaw, Battlecat, and Mossman coming up in the next two months!

Oh, believe me. I'd love to collect all the MOTUCs; i was a huge fan of the 200X show when i was a kid. Th problem is how much they cost, what else Matty has for sale that day, like DCUC and JLU which almost always take priority for me, weekly comics, and still saving money for college in 2 years. I have to pick and choose, so i'm buying those that interest me most, whether it's my liking the character (Adora and Scareglow) or liking the design (Randor and Optik). They are fantastic figures though; i love my Scareglow, and am so happy i bought him. Optik and his eyeball accessories look awesome.

I also don't get the "Adora has granny-panties" argument i keep reading on other boards like AFI. Her hips with the skirt look fine to me; the 4Hs' work is always fantastic.

The original images of her made the skirt look more like she had a big arse and crotch piece because there is no definition on the skirt. Once the figure is posed and not just standing it is more noticeably a skirt. Scareglow is an amazing figure especially his reliquary. Merman absolutely surprised me in his awesomeness. I was never a fan of 'Space' He-man but Optikk looks amazing.

But dude, they're doing Battlecat next month. We have a really swell board member by that name. If I didn't support that figure, I wouldn't be supporting him, and that wouldn't be cool.

Well, I am happy that "I" am finally getting released and appreciate the support :), but it's probably going to be a bitch to get a Battle Cat as they've dropped the price to $20 now (which is good, but I was hoping the $30 price tag might prolong his availability a bit)... as a back-up I already preordered one on BBTS for their standard rip-off fee (a 100% mark-up on this one, even though the usual MOTUC figures are marked up "only" 75%)...

Given they've made the civvy version of He-Man, I'm also hoping we'll see a Cringer at some point...

The price was listed as $20 for awhile, but they seem to have jacked it back up to $30, which makes sense considering the size. So, I guess the BBTS markup is now just 33%!

Oh, that's actually pretty funny -- when I 'back-up' preordered BC it was something crazy like $55, then when Matty lowered the price on their site BBTS sent out an email lowering theirs in turn... so I will be expecting another email from them any day now :rolleyes:

I don't actually collect MOTUC, I just collect Battle Cats, so despite the outrageous mark-up I'll be willing to take a hit on this one if I can't get through on Matty before it sells out...

Like I said. I was never any kind of MOTU fan ever, but I did thoroughly enjoy the '02 series.

Same here, it was the Snake Armor He-Man that got me picking up the line. I wasn't really a completist though. I basically picked and chosed what looked the best. Some of the Rite Aid's in my area still have some of the old figures.

• 4 weeks later...

I finally got through with my problems with my subscription from last year and January came and Adora got to me without any problems and I was optimistic for this years subscription. Then I see that they are sending out coupon codes for 8$ off Battle Cat for subscribers so I go to my e-mail to make sure I got the code and it wasn't there but there was an e-mail saying that my 2010 subscription had been cancelled. . . . . .WTF!!!!! :verymad:

Luckily I now have an English speaking C/S person's phone # on speed dial and we got the issue worked out. The problem it turns out is that my wife originally opened the account at mattycolletor.com because she got the very first figures for me for Christmas 08, then later i went in and changed the form of payment since we cancelled the card that we were using. I put my debit card number in the system but the account was still under my wife's name so when they went to charge the card my bank sent it back as a fraudelent charge. So Matty's system instead of e-mailing the customer and saying, "hey we are having a problem so let's figure it out." it just cancels your subscription and cancels your account! :wacko:

Anyway, I got Emily (my C/S contact) to help me figure all this out and get everything reinstated, but once again the hassle I have had with these is atrocious but I simply adore these figures and can't wait for this month since we get Battlecat which is great, but we get Trap Jaw who has been my favorite since I was a little kid! I can't wait for this one! Hopefully the fix that Emily said she put through works cause it would be so very nice to have the subscription work like it is supposed to and just have a figure show up at my house each month without doing anything (which is what Adora did but that is the only one so far).

At every step along the way, Mattel seems determined to make life as difficult as possible for the collector. But, we deal with it, because at the end of the day, they are making the best traditional, "low-end" action figures out there with the MOTU and DC lines.