UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Masters of the Universe Classics

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but it still won't be as bad as that time Shane spent $10 on a Shockini...

Ooh, that's pretty bad. One thing that might be taken into consideration is that these may well maintain much, if not all, of their original value. At least in the short run. The King Greyskull figure (though probably released in slightly lower quantities than these two) quickly appreciated in value. Though the wave of 80s nostalgia will probably wane a bit in the future, it is still going strong now (as evidenced by the popularity of GI Joe and Transformers), and there are lots of toy collectors who had MOTU figures as kids.

My question is, when the heck are we getting Thundercats updates?

Edited by karamazov80

I may get Skeletor, but the rest of them are kind of meh....I'd be more inclined to buy when they come out with cooler characters like Tri-clops, Teela, or Evil-Lynne

I'm having the same reaction. I LOVED the figured in 2002. Pretty penny for them now. I just liked their look better than these. These are too... classic. Roundish.

• 4 months later...

I am huge MOTU fan and was big into the 2002 figures and had a ton of toys as a kid so these new ones are great. I got Grayskull at SDCC and I have got most of the MOTUC so far and they are amazing, the Skeletor is one of the greatest looking figures ever (which is hard because I really want to open him). It does suck how expensive these are but they are crazy popular as is evidenced by the fact that the Faker figure became available on mattycollector.com on monday March 16th and I forgot to order until Wednesday the 18th and they were already sold out! Being a completist once I decide to collect a line I was furious because now I have to search for a good deal on ebay. :verymad:

I bought all the 'Staction' figures that were sculpted by T4H and was pretty bummed that more characters didn't get released.

These classic' figures are rad too, but i don't think i can commit to another line of MOTU figures . . . especially when so many i wanted weren't released last time.

• 4 weeks later...

Mattycollector.com and toy scalpers MUST DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I went to the website to order Mer-man earlier this month and didn't get there in time so they sold out of that figure but they got another shipment in to go on sale today at noon EST so I sat at the computer and placed my order right at noon (ten my time) and it gave me an order number and said that it was processing my credit card and that because of the high volume my order was in the queue and so not to place another order if the web page timed out. Well the page time out and the message said I should receive an order confirmation e-mail within two hours regardless of if the page timed out.

So when the page timed out I waited patiently for the two hours and when I hadn't received the confirmation I checked the website and my order said that it was unsubmitted so I called customer service to see what was up and the guy said pretty much tough luck that I didn't place my order fast enough!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well I told him that I placed the order within 1 minute of the figures going on sale to which he responded well it can take some time to process your order so be patient so I waited another couple of hours and still nothing so I call back and well too bad I don't get one I just hadn't placed my order ffast enough!!!

WELL FRAK THEM!!! These are collectibles so allowing people to buy up to 10 makes me the actual collector unable to get the figure and all of the DAMN scalpers to buy them up and then I end up having to buy it on ebay or something AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Stupid website. . . . bad. customer service. . . . . and depressed collector :angry:

The difficulty in ordering these things has to contribute to their popularity. Because honestly, $30 for one figure (when you include shipping)? Screw that. And its doubly funny to me, because the old school He-Man figures are dirt cheap on EBay.

I ordered right at noon, and it appears it went through. Still, this setup sucks. Why not limit quantities to one or two for the first week, and then allow quantities up to 10 after that? If they would get this crap right, I bet a lot of the scalpers would stop fooling with them.

Even though I got my order through, it's aggravating to think that if I weren't able to be near a computer when they went live I would have missed out. BS Mattel.

MattyCollector sucks. Period. They keep sending me defective Starfire sets (in old, used Fisher-Price/Mattel boxes at that). On the fourth one, I told them to just refund my money (which will take 4-6 weeks via refund check).

Hopefully the quality of the MOTUC are better. If not, be thankful you didn't waste your time or money...

The quality of the figures is awesome and I love the look of them it is just insane lately to order them. I totally agree with minivenom that they should limit purchase amounts to 1 or 2 for the first week or so that the collectors that these are made for can get them fairly and then let all the damn scalpers come and order their lots to go sell. I. . . . . . nevermind I can't keep talking about it cause I just get angry and want to hunt down mattycollector people and kick their trash!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So they finally got the subscription service up for ordering these figures which is nice in theory but first of all it doesn't start till september so there is still 3 months of dealing with the insanity of ordering from the website, and second, once you sign up for the subscription you can't cancel it at all. This is kind of lame if there were to make a figure that I didn't want at all (which is highly unlikely considering my need to be a completist) or if someone were to fall on hard times and not have the money for them they would still have to get them. Here's hoping that the subscription service works the way it should.

The rule that you can't cancel really sucks. What a bunch of tools. By the way, I found out yesterday that Joker, Power Girl, and Question are being released in the DCUC line. . .as Wal-Mart exclusives. Any of you familiar with their previous attempt (the "Braniac" BAF wave) would know how well this is likely to turn out. And of course, they have more Dark Knight Movie Masters figures planned to come out soon, almost a year after the movie came out. Brilliant.

• 3 weeks later...

I got King Grayskull at SDCC last year and man having to get a ticket to stand in the line to buy the thing was a hassle. But now that I know about that I hope it won't be so bad to get He-Ro this year. These figures are some of the best looking ever and I can't stand the thought of not having them all! My wallet hates that I feel this way about more than just minimates.

• 3 months later...

So I assumed that with Mattycollectors new Subscriptions I wouldn't have any more headaches with getting the MOTU classics figures. Last month was Webstor and he was the first in the Subscription and he came with no problem. This month is Teela and Mattel showed how incredibly retarded they can be when they filled the subscriptions AFTER the other orders!!!!! So in other words my order is on backorder to be filled by next month! What a joke and when I talked to their customer service about it all I got was a sorry you'll just have to wait till we fill your order! What in the world is a subscription for if not to insure that you get your figure and like a magazine subscription that you get it FIRST! Yeah I will still get my figure but there is no reason in the world I should have to wait until next month to get it! If these figures weren't just so amazing and must have for me I would drop collecting these faster than I can blink.

So I assumed that with Mattycollectors new Subscriptions I wouldn't have any more headaches with getting the MOTU classics figures. Last month was Webstor and he was the first in the Subscription and he came with no problem. This month is Teela and Mattel showed how incredibly retarded they can be when they filled the subscriptions AFTER the other orders!!!!! So in other words my order is on backorder to be filled by next month! What a joke and when I talked to their customer service about it all I got was a sorry you'll just have to wait till we fill your order! What in the world is a subscription for if not to insure that you get your figure and like a magazine subscription that you get it FIRST! Yeah I will still get my figure but there is no reason in the world I should have to wait until next month to get it! If these figures weren't just so amazing and must have for me I would drop collecting these faster than I can blink.

And there lies the strategy that they likely considered when they offered the subscription service - after all, you can't threaten to drop the service because you've already signed up for the subscription and they no longer need to market to you. As far as their concerned, they've got your money whereas the person attempting to order may not come back again if they can't obtain the same item. As a result, they're clearly aiming at the non-subscriber (IMO).

As it stands now, I would have loved to get the Wun-Dar figure and will attempt to get the updated He-Man re-release, but I just couldn't justify purchasing wave after wave in the hopes of getting the few characters that I would actually be able to display. With that in mind, I wouldn't mind seeing pictures occasionally of the entire line ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Well, i went ahead and bought my first MotUC figure today, along with DCUC Color of Fear. While i missed on He-man (quite frankly i hate him), i did get to buy one of 3 characters i actually want; Scare-glow!! I was so happy he was still there, seeing as how Adam sold out before 3 pm!! I love Scare-glow, and can't wait to have him standing proud and mighty.

Oh, and for the record, the others are King Randor and Adora. IF they make She-ra, she'll be on that list too. I

m not a huge fan on MotU, but i did watch the more modern interpretation of the show A LOT when i was a kid, and had my favorites; those would be the ones above. ;)