UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimates back in TRU - Wave 24 plus two exclusives

Ivan

And in the breaking news department.... Did you know that according to the new Toyfare the Toys R Us exclusive Iron Man pack will be available in Spring 2009? Keep your eyes open... Shouldn't a "toy magazine" have better information? Granted this probably went to press around the time the sets were released, I just found it humorous.

In other news, I saw the TRU sets today on the side of an endcap next to the GI Joe figures. One peg with sticker and only one set left. It's great that people are buying these. This was in Delaware. So if you don't find them with the Marvel toys, keep looking around and ask someone!

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And in the breaking news department.... Did you know that according to the new Toyfare the Toys R Us exclusive Iron Man pack will be available in Spring 2009? Keep your eyes open... Shouldn't a "toy magazine" have better information? Granted this probably went to press around the time the sets were released, I just found it humorous.

That Toyfare add also says that waves 23 & 24 will be available October 2008. Hmmm... intresting. I wonder how in hell that add even made it to print?

I ordered some on the website though so I can't complain (other than having to pay for shipping).

See my post a few above yours to see how to get a one time use free shipping code on the TRU website. I got mine shipped for free. I caved in and ordered online partly because I don't have much time to keep stalking TRU since it's getting closer and closer to the holidays. I'm wondering if there will be another exclusive when wave 23 hits TRU too... I hope I didn't jump the gun and use the free shipping code too early.

I ordered some on the website though so I can't complain (other than having to pay for shipping).

See my post a few above yours to see how to get a one time use free shipping code on the TRU website. I got mine shipped for free. I caved in and ordered online partly because I don't have much time to keep stalking TRU since it's getting closer and closer to the holidays. I'm wondering if there will be another exclusive when wave 23 hits TRU too... I hope I didn't jump the gun and use the free shipping code too early.

Someone recently asked about this on the new MM Art Asylum blog:

Christopher Franey: So on the minimatemultiverse forum I saw pics of the Movie Stealth Ironman minimate and Gauntlet Tony. Any others that we should be keeping a eye out for? I know I will be patrolling my local TRU now for this gem. Thanks for the toys and updates

DSTChuck: Minimates should be an ongoing program in TRU from here forward, with regular figures as well as re-packs and exclusives. For now the only exclusives are the re-packed Hulk Movie and the Iron Man you called out.

It looks as though TRU will be getting mates a little more frequently (probably minus variants) as well as getting their own exclusive figures to sell.

anyone up for a Geoffrey-mate?? ;)

Well, I stopped at two TRU's in Pittsburgh and neither one had them in - in fact, neither even had a peg for them. I signed up for the TRU Reward programming and get a free shipping code, but it isn't good until January 2nd. I also noticed the website is charging me sales tax for the shipping fee. Arrgh!

I just got a red/blue Spidey by himself for 5.75 on ebay. I'll wait to get the rest offa BBTS with the Tarantula. And maybe one of these days I can find that Iron Man set since there aren't any TRU's near me at all. Mebbe one day.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3191425

I just got a red/blue Spidey by himself for 5.75 on ebay. I'll wait to get the rest offa BBTS with the Tarantula. And maybe one of these days I can find that Iron Man set since there aren't any TRU's near me at all. Mebbe one day.

anyone else notice it says: by: DC Direct

for the manufactuerererer

Last time I ordered from TRU (on Black Friday) they sent me a confirmation saying what I ordered had shipped and then I got it a couple hours later. I checked my order on-line after I placed it and it was there, I just think their confirmations and e-mails are a little messed up. And the fact that I don't think they ever charged my Paypal account for the order shows things aren't running the way they would like it to.

anyone else notice it says: by: DC Direct

for the manufactuerererer

Things at TRU are er...er...getting er ...Curiouser & er.......er......evererer Curiousererererererer... er...aren't they.

I love ER.

Last time I ordered from TRU (on Black Friday) they sent me a confirmation saying what I ordered had shipped and then I got it a couple hours later. I checked my order on-line after I placed it and it was there, I just think their confirmations and e-mails are a little messed up. And the fact that I don't think they ever charged my Paypal account for the order shows things aren't running the way they would like it to.

Whoa, is that right? You placed an order and got it in the mail hours later... for FREE?

Sounds like one hell of a bargain :P Calling all opportunistic Stealth-hunters!!!

Placed my order today!! :)

Ordering two; i need an extra set of those flight hands. ;) Hopfully they're here Friday; the order was for 6-10 day shipping, which pisses me off. Luckily they'll be here before the 24th. And i did try that free shipping rewards program, but unfortunately mine doesn't start until New Year's Day. Mom wasn't happy about thaT. ;)

And, since we are on the topic, i got my e-mail for the order within seconds. go figure; TRU did something right OTHER than signing a minimates deal. :)

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

My TRU order shipped pretty quickly, although I had placed the order before finding out about the free shipping mentioned here :( . However the tracking number provided on the TRU website says, when you click on it, that the tracking number is incorrect. So I called TRU C/S and they said that this method actually isn't trackable but that I should receive the package by the 19th but if I hadn't received it by the 24th to call them back . . . . .oh gee thanks.

I don't know why in the world you would provide a tracking number with a link to track it when it isn't a trackable shipping method. It was just the normal 6-10 days shipping so has anybody else who used this method had this same problem?

My TRU order shipped pretty quickly, although I had placed the order before finding out about the free shipping mentioned here :( .

I don't think that promotion was still going on when these 'Mates were listed as being on the website.

Went today. Had 4 Kravens, 3 Shockers, 1 Venom, 1 Hulk and 2 IM. Didn't have the money to get any. :(

That's why you bring money when going to a toy store. ;D

Anyways, by the time you get money and go back, the Venom, Hulk (maybe), and the Iron Man packs will be gone. It was like that when I went yesterday. They had one Venom, two Hulks, and three Iron Men, but I came back the next day and they were gone. ):

Went today. Had 4 Kravens, 3 Shockers, 1 Venom, 1 Hulk and 2 IM. Didn't have the money to get any. :(

That's why you bring money when going to a toy store. ;D

Anyways, by the time you get money and go back, the Venom, Hulk (maybe), and the Iron Man packs will be gone. It was like that when I went yesterday. They had one Venom, two Hulks, and three Iron Men, but I came back the next day and they were gone. ):

And that's why YOU bring money when goingto a toy store. <_<;)

I really don't get why everyone is going bananas over IM still. I mean, we can get unlimited (exaggerated) amounts online, you know?? Sure, shipping from TRU can be a b*tch, but you can still find them.

I would advise buying them on-sight, though. Like Shup said, they WILL be gone by 6 tomorrow morning. Stupid Christian holidays ;) .

And TRU really needs to put up the rest of the Wave 24 set online; Shocker and Spidey just isn't cutting it for me and others, too (probably). The real money is in Venom and Kraven, the more "popular," and them plus the IM set would definitely do good damage to the supply. And by "good damage," i mean big profits.

Lastly, i called my TRU Friday to see if they had any in stock. All i had to d owas say Marvel Minimates and the woman replies with "Oh my god. We sold out of this week's shipment an hour ago. These little buggers are big sellers." Naturally, i hang up, but with a smile on my face. Minimates are big sellers at TRU; that is such a great sign. DST and TRU definitely became geniuses signing this deal; not only will minimate sales go up, but that means more waves and exclusives at Target. I am so loving where this going. :)

If anybody can find me that Iron Man set I would really love that and gladly would pay them what it cost plus cheap ass shipping since I'm pretty broke but not completly.

PM me if you can help.