UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimates back in TRU - Wave 24 plus two exclusives

Ivan

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I realized last night that my Stealth Iron Man has two right legs. The normal ones that come with the figure unattached and not the armor legs. I'm thankful that everything else is all good, though. I'd hate for anything to be wrong about the stealth armored figure after finally finding it.

Storm, drop DST's customer services dept a line. They might (might being the operative word) be able to help out.

At least like you say, it's just the regular legs that aren't right. YOu might even be able to take the pack back to TRU and see if they've another pack to swap them with. Good luck with it.

I know we have a special link for Amazon purchases, but does MMMV have any special ties to TRU? I'd hate to think people are flooding the online store without the Multiverse getting their cut.

(Maybe MMHQ should pursue a similar deal? Maybe I should fix the HQ website before thinking of how to profit from it?)

Okay, aside from Ironman, and Hulk (which I care not about) I picked up a spare Venom, because he has enough parts to make 2. Now, I'm tempted to go get a full set of Spidey, including another Venom anyways. However, I was thinking; with these out and everyone snapping them up, do you think online retailers will have the full wave on sale, including tarantula, because they can't move them? Like I was thinking I might be able to pick up a set of 4 2packs for $20 or, heaven forbid, less than that. I also think Tarantula just propelled himself pretty far up the variant rarity ladder.

Thoughts? Comments? Snide remarks?

I didn't post this earlier--mine were located in the Marvel action figure aisle.

I've heard of these being all over the place, however, I found mine in the Marvel action figure aisle.

Okay, aside from Ironman, and Hulk (which I care not about) I picked up a spare Venom, because he has enough parts to make 2. Now, I'm tempted to go get a full set of Spidey, including another Venom anyways. However, I was thinking; with these out and everyone snapping them up, do you think online retailers will have the full wave on sale, including tarantula, because they can't move them? Like I was thinking I might be able to pick up a set of 4 2packs for $20 or, heaven forbid, less than that. I also think Tarantula just propelled himself pretty far up the variant rarity ladder.

Thoughts? Comments? Snide remarks?

I can see how the early availability of these sets will impact the later release of the actual wave of figures. When we last had a TRU release, it was for box sets of the Astonishing X-Men and New Avengers, which were released simultaneously with the Target release of 2-packs based on the same assortment along with the specialty shop release of the same two waves. Hopefully, spreading them out in availability will see a lesser impact on the later release of the actual wave. But, yeah, if less people are getting the cases due to an abundance of the characters already in their collection, you'll likely be seeing Tarantula fetching a decent price on eBay.

The guy I know who works there says they'll be back in stock in a little bit, but it's still annoying :(

i was TRU yesterday and found the minimates peg empty. and the sticker telling what was there had been torn away. this lead me to believe that they would not be getting anymore in. but maybe i was wrong.

Oh man. Blacksun, is there any chance you could get an extra IM pack?? That's the only one i couldn't find at either TRU.

Hey as of Sunday morning TRU near the Caldwells had them (got a pix message at 8:00 in the morning :angry: )

I don't know if this was mentioned anywhere but to anybody thinking of buying it online through TRU, you might also want to sign up for their rewards program too. Upon signing up, you will get a code for free shipping. I don't think our international guys can sign up for it, though.

https://rewardsrus.toysrus.com/index.cfm

And if you buy $150 worth of stuff, they will give you a $5 gift certificate back.

And if you buy 9 diapers, you get 1 free!

Rad:

Thanks for the suggestion. I plan to email them about it just to bring it to their attention so they can give their factory a slap on their wrists. I don't think I need a replacement since I plan to find another set. :)

My local TRU now has only two packs left in stock. Which means that someone other than me has bought them. Which means there may be more Minimate fans in town than I realize.

But it also means that Minimates are selling well right now, and hopefully is a sign for future success and more exclusives.

TRU is definitely restocking these. I hit the same TRU where bought the entire case and they had another full case on the pegs, minus one Hulk pack. I bought them all again...

Which means there may be more Minimate fans in town than I realize.

Or they could've bought it because they like Marvel?

I know someone who got a two pack of Marvel Minimates just because he liked those characters. He hates Minimates, though. Says they're too small.

OR... someone bought them for you :wub: you might have a secret admirer!

Yep no luck here at my TRU which is directly next door to where I work so I got there on my lunch break and it is very frustrating to not have these. Several of the TRU 40+ miles north of me got them but by the time I had time to drive that way I called and they were gone. I ordered some on the website though so I can't complain (other than having to pay for shipping).