UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimates back in TRU - Wave 24 plus two exclusives

Ivan

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I am really pumped that these guys are appearing more and more...it helps ease my initial fears that the stealth/gauntlet IM pack was going to go the way of the Blue suit Prof x...that bugger took my over a year of hardcore looking to get at a reasonable price....thank god these wont be so bad to find....and despite already getting the spidey and hulk sets via the regular waves I will still buy all of these to show my support of the retail sales. plus I love having extra minimates on hand, you never know when they will come in handy to give to others that dont have them.

Jeff of the Miniacs

A quick request, could someone please put a pic up of the new Spider-man body with the original head on please. I like the new body best, but I don't like the big heads. Are the colours a good match. A pic would be appreciated.

That was quick, thanks K! I quite like that actually. Do the colours match up pretty well? The eyes need to be a little bigger on the new one methinks. I was gonan give this wave a miss, but I'm quite tempted now.

Here is a better one. I'm actually really digging this now that I have done it. I might need to pick up an extra Spidey. . .

post-1827-1228606386_thumb.jpg

And Dan, the red is very slightly darker, but not by too much as I see it.

Yeah, I'm sold. I have to pick up that pack at the very least. Thanks again.

Just got back from the Erie, PA TRU, and they do have some of the figures in stock. It looks like they were down to the Spidey packs and a couple of the Hulk exclusives. Anyone have an extra IM set they're willing to get rid of? It was the only one I wasn't able to find that I wanted.

Swung by TRU today and ....Lordy, yes! They had nearly a full case in stock. Scored the IM set. No Cappy dance was done, however, more of a triumphant Hoody-Hoo!

Far as I can tell, these came, they went, then came again. That is, I do believe my TRU actually restocked the set. So those of you still looking, don't give up yet.

WOOOOO! I got them in an adventure of much sadness, excitement, and other adventure terms.

On my lunch break I hit up the TRU closest to my work, it was PACKED but I made my way back to the action figures and lo and behold: MINIMATES! Unfortunately someone else had gotten to them first (if it was someone here though, I guessm for them it was fortunate) and all the Iron mans, Venoms, and Kravens were gone. I walked up to the line with my lone Shocker and Hulk packs, only to find it miles long and my lunch break dangerously near ending.

I decide to leave the 2 sets I had on the shelf next to my spot in line and head back to work, thinking it better to be without minimates then written up for tardiness... but for the next 2 hours at work my mind is clouded with angry thoughts: Why didn't I wake up earlier and check that TRU? Why didn't I go on my day off yesterday? Who beat me to them?!?

When I finally got off work I just drove, drove off to the TRU closest to my house... I angrily marched back to the Action Figures and saw a lone Iron Man pack, I reach over the cart of a family looking at Ben10 figures to get it, I know it's insanely rude to that and I just made myself the 'ugly nerd toy hoarder' in their minds doing so, but I wasn't going to let that set get away again. I looked around the action figure isle for a bit to see it the other sets where around but found nothing, so I went to check out and again found a monster line.

Deciding if I was stuck in a TRU I'd make the most of it I went up to the Customer Service desk and asked the gentleman if they had any more "of these" in stock, handing him the Iron Man pack. Scaned and nope "no more in back" he said. So I say to myself "eh, at least I got this one!" and walk back to the action figures, scanning the shelves to kill time until the line dies down.

It's then I remember the recent lawsuit Mattel won againist MGA, making it so all Bratz dolls had to be recalled. Out of curiosity I wanted to see if this TRU had pulled them so I walk to the way back of the store to check it out (I honestly wonder if they WILL be recalled or if stores will just sell them until they're legally forced to call them back) they didn't, but as I'm walking back on a shelf next to the educational toys, facing AWAY from where I normally toy hunt: THE OTHER 11 PACKS OF MINIMATES!!!

That's right: MY TRU STOCKED THE MINIMATES IN THE EDUCATIONAL TOY ISLE. NOT ACTION FIGURES.

Just put that in bold in case anyone else's TRU is like that. I snatched up the other Iron Man, and of each other set and head for the front. The monster line having died down I've paid and left the store in under 5 minutes.

so it was a bad then extremely good day for me

Well I called my local TRU last Wednesday and they said they were sold out. But a few days before they told me that they were coming on Friday. :blink:

So I called another TRU and they told me that they would be there in Thursday morning.

Morning came, I headed out.

I called them to make sure (it was a 20+ mile drive) and the guy told me they had them. He seemed just a excited as me, he did say he was a Marvel fanatic. :happy:

When I finally arrived there I found them all and bought them all!

It would seem that they ordered to cases(24 packs).

Here's what I think about the packs:

Ironman Pack: Totally Awesome!!!

Hulk Pack: Pretty Cool Actually. The duck feet (as they're called) aren't so bad IMO.

Spidey/Shocker:A nice updated Spiderman, though the slipover mask isn't my favorite, I still like this minimate.

Shocker is very cool. Yay for more Bad guys!

Cosmic/Venom: Venom is really neat! I like how you can change him in so many different ways.

Cosmic Spiderman looks cool, but mine came with two left arms. : (

Black Spidey/Kraven: The did a nice job with Kraven.Like Shock he's got a lot of detail.Back in Black Spiderman is a nice update to the rare Black Spiderman,but the eyes were printed funny. :(

All & all, I'm pretty happy with them. :)

TRU selling Minimates FTW! :teehee:

So A.J.V., or someone else who found an entire case, what is the case assortment like? I only found 8 at my TRU, and of those, there was an extra Classic Spidey, Black Spidey, and Hulk pack. Seems like there could be 2 of each pack and 3 of 2 of them, but my main question regards the Stealth IM. Is it 2 per case?

So A.J.V., or someone else who found an entire case, what is the case assortment like? I only found 8 at my TRU, and of those, there was an extra Classic Spidey, Black Spidey, and Hulk pack. Seems like there could be 2 of each pack and 3 of 2 of them, but my main question regards the Stealth IM. Is it 2 per case?

Yup, two per case, along with the Hulk pack. I think the Spidey-Shocker pack is also 2 per case, then the other two Spidey sets are 3 per case. But I'm not 100% sure on the Spidey ratios...

WOW! These things are selling pretty well. Who here has Tarantula?

Uh, I think that's the variant. TRU isn't carrying it (at least... not YET), looks like you'll have to wait for its regular release at comic books shops along with wave 23.

Man, I realized last night that my Stealth Iron Man has two right legs. The normal ones that come with the figure unattached and not the armor legs. I'm thankful that everything else is all good, though. I'd hate for anything to be wrong about the stealth armored figure after finally finding it.

Apparently, the timeline for Springfield, IL went like this:

I call Monday looking, no love.

Mates go out Tuesday.

I call Tuesday, nobody has any clue.

I call Wednesday, Ditto.

I call Friday before I drive home, no clue.

Somebody buys all of the Iron Man packs.

I show up and find one empty peg and all the Hulk ones.

I am a very sad Panda.

The guy I know who works there says they'll be back in stock in a little bit, but it's still annoying :(