UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimates back in TRU - Wave 24 plus two exclusives

Ivan

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the slip on mask works best with Venom and Shocker, since they both look kind of taller, or wider. I'm not a very big fan of the classic Spidey(I'll stick to Scarlet, Amazing Fantasy, and Web Armor), but the other two are pretty damn cool.

i picked up the classic spider man set, black spiderman set and the iron man set.

they had each one at my toys r us and there were at least two or three of each.

i think i'll just pick up the venom set at my local comic shop, i'm satisfied with the ones i got. =)

Still nada. they said try tomorrow.

Ironically, the guy on the phone ACTUALLY knew what minimates were! that got my hopes up. Until he said nope, try tom,orrow or FYE/Suncoast. I told him about the TRU/DST deal, and he said the same thing again. :blink:

:offtopic:

since it sounded like he knew what they where it would appear he was throwing you off the scent and getting your hopes up of finding them elsewhere so he can hoard them...it's what I would do in his position, wouldn't you? ;)

these have hit the east coast call you TRU today, i called on tuesday and was told they were NOT on the truck scheduled for delivery on wednesday, then on a whim called thursday night and was told they were in the stock room to try back in the morning to see if they had been put out, they had and i now have mine in hand. good luck. -M

Can't wait until the office Christmas party this year. :lol:

Um...about that. You know how I closed the office because I had the Geekier Squad coming over to fix the servers? Well, the price estimate was too high so I decided to raise some quick cash.

I first incorporated Minimate Headquarters into a bank. Using our official Minimates collection as collateral, the United States Treasury Department agreed to loan us $2,000,000 as a debt swap. Government regulations required that I loan the money out (and we could make interest), so I loaned the money to a commercial real estate company. Unfortunately, the commercial real estate company hit hard times because their renters aren't paying. Turns out the renters are us, Minimate Headquarters.

So it looks like we are getting evicted, we own $2 million in bad derivative paper, Uncle Sam wants his money back, and our Minimate collection is locked up in Fort Knox. I would lay off all MMHQ employees, but then I couldn't fulfill our next scheme to enlist everyone into debt servitude with the United States Attorney's office. We won't go to jail if we can swing a Bush pardon!

Finally!!

I called today AS SOON AS i got home from school, and they had 12 OF EACH in stock!! :D:banana::bunny::jawdrop: I am so happy right now, you can't even believe it. :)

Well, i ma going to have a very freaking Marry Christmas this year, i'll tell you that.

That's all for now. Gonna go read New Ways to Die (Anti-Venom FTW), but expect news after about 6-7.

not to worry you or anything but im betting by 12 they mean a case of twelve which is basically 2 of each set(3 of two sets but i forgot which) that seems to be the M.O. on these so far 1 case to each store,so you may want hurry down there.

Finally!!

I called today AS SOON AS i got home from school, and they had 12 OF EACH in stock!! :D:banana::bunny::jawdrop: I am so happy right now, you can't even believe it. :)

Well, i ma going to have a very freaking Marry Christmas this year, i'll tell you that.

That's all for now. Gonna go read New Ways to Die (Anti-Venom FTW), but expect news after about 6-7.

Edited by Mattallica

Yea, but you want to get there asap, Twisted. I missed one of the two IM sets, and I only found one of each when I got there(Which was like two hours after they stocked them up). You might want to make sure they're not gone, because the variants/Transformation venom sets always seem to be the first to go.

Can't wait until the office Christmas party this year. :lol:

Um...about that. You know how I closed the office because I had the Geekier Squad coming over to fix the servers? Well, the price estimate was too high so I decided to raise some quick cash.

I first incorporated Minimate Headquarters into a bank. Using our official Minimates collection as collateral, the United States Treasury Department agreed to loan us $2,000,000 as a debt swap. Government regulations required that I loan the money out (and we could make interest), so I loaned the money to a commercial real estate company. Unfortunately, the commercial real estate company hit hard times because their renters aren't paying. Turns out the renters are us, Minimate Headquarters.

So it looks like we are getting evicted, we own $2 million in bad derivative paper, Uncle Sam wants his money back, and our Minimate collection is locked up in Fort Knox. I would lay off all MMHQ employees, but then I couldn't fulfill our next scheme to enlist everyone into debt servitude with the United States Attorney's office. We won't go to jail if we can swing a Bush pardon!

Just get a government bailout. But remember, private jets are a no-no.

...wow. How amazing would that be? Minimates at Costco.

For those of you who don't know, that means Minimates in BULK. :woot:

Sadly, as far as I know, all Costco stores here in Maryland have been turned into BJ's, which is only good for getting food and delicious pie.

But no BJ's?

How ironic.